Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does anybody know where a battle axe is in Miami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Does anybody know where a battle axe is in Miami.

in the gym area in the top floor of the kronstadt building

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

in the gym area in the top floor of the kronstadt building

came here to post that I found it :cheers: this is a good rear end escalation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also remembered like 3 seconds after I posted that I died on Miami on my first attempt because I picked up that battle axe while hiding in the gym and a guard saw me in the room sized mirror which I thought was awesome.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Hitman Absolution was basically just Splinter Cell: Conviction with the disguise system bolted on. I thought it was fine for what it was on its own terms but it wasn’t much of a Hitman game.

Yeah, CBT is right. It's a kinda ok game I guess IF you forget that it's meant to be a Hitman game. If you go in expecting it to be Blood Money 2, (like most people did) then you'll be sorely disappointed.
That being said, a HD remaster of Blood Money (especially if the updated controls are anything like Hitman 2016's) would be fantastic!

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

spb posted:

I've never played absolution guess I'll try it

I tell you, I don't ordinarily yeehaw, but this is a fuckin' yeehaw!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I started playing absolution recently and it was interesting to see like how much of it was kept for the new engine but man the writing and level design is bad. Still looks decent though, and if youre a big hitman fan and missed it i guess its worth seeing. That being said i got up to beating the orphanage level and havent touched it since lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at the Sgail escalation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There has to be a faster way to SA Miami than waiting for the race to finish. Elf said in the Chat that sniping her car can count as an accident, is there a way to know if it's Silent without just doing the mission and seeing if you get the SASO credit?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got SASO on Miami :cool: 1 out of 5. Sgail and Mumbai are the only maps I think that are gonna be a nightmare. Everything else feels doable.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

There has to be a faster way to SA Miami than waiting for the race to finish. Elf said in the Chat that sniping her car can count as an accident, is there a way to know if it's Silent without just doing the mission and seeing if you get the SASO credit?

I mean its silent if you arent hunted or “investigating”, and even if you get “investigating” or whatever its called, if you can hide the body before anyone sees its silent. Accident and poison kills count as silent even if the body is found

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

There are a few ways to trigger the race to instantly finish besides sniping her car but I'm not sure of any Suit Only solutions. You can dress up as a race official and wave the flag to disqualify her or Amos Moses and you can also perform a (nonlethal) sabotage on either of their cars disguised as pit crew to make the race end

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you could probably do the push double kill suit only but itd be a little tricky avoiding everyones sight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Got SASO on Miami :cool: 1 out of 5. Sgail and Mumbai are the only maps I think that are gonna be a nightmare. Everything else feels doable.

Mumbai is fine, just use the signal smoke or w/e to lure all the targets out

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I saw some guy push the Dad onto the track on top of the girl’s car and that caused an accident but I can’t find the video anymore

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also I’ve just bought this and man my skills are rusty

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1082230615976620032

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Bigmooney Flamboyancy

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mumbai is very impressive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Played some casual Miami again today and found the explosive pyro kill. Awesome, and it made me wish for more PIP style kills. If that thing was smarter I could probably stop using the Hitman Vision.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Casual Miami is Bob's pimp name.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Mumbai is so loving awesome. Just did my first run with the Kashmirian opportunities. Probably my favorite map ever on the basis of that alone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Poison frogs ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New Sgail escalation on Thursday.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I can't wait for that ET to come out next week - the gap between ETs is just a week or two too long, I feel. I need more celebrities to strangle, drat it! :D
Oh well, at least other content has been coming out in the meantime, like that escalation

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pleasantly surprised to see that IOI just opened a second studio. I know Hitman 2 sales weren't great at launch from what we know but I assume this means that they're not doing that poorly

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Pleasantly surprised to see that IOI just opened a second studio. I know Hitman 2 sales weren't great at launch from what we know but I assume this means that they're not doing that poorly

Awesome. I don't think it made AAA sales but I'm sure it turned a decent profit, it probably wasn't made on a massive budget

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat I just remembered there's going to be two whole new maps this year too. Thank you IOI

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I bet most of the people who bought the game also bought the dlc because of the new maps. And so the lack of sales was blunted by super fans spending $100.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I appreciate IOI for always allowing me to murder plutocrats in flamboyant fashion. Sgail is the best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought the new escalation was kinda lame until Level 3...hid their hand to reveal their true power :staredog:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1087367069669228544

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Cool to see hokkaido getting some love

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the name "snow festival" has me picturing 47 in a animal crossing town

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hell yes. Love all this drat content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't buy the season pass :(