Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah it's hard to get Brees rattled but forcing him to get the ball out quick can hopefully negate plays developing and letting him sling it down the field. I really think this is a game that's going to be won and lost on the lines for the Eagles on both sides of the ball. And Foles really needs to have a funslingin' day.

I fully expect the Cowboys-Rams game to be another brutal grinder.

The idea of Nick Foles just fuckin winging the ball all over the Superdome and going shot-for-shot with Drew goddamn Brees fills me with tremendous glee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Toaster Beef posted:

The idea of Nick Foles just fuckin winging the ball all over the Superdome and going shot-for-shot with Drew goddamn Brees fills me with tremendous glee

we know he can do it. he did it to a better defense last season vs the Vikings and just put up 28 against the Texans (arguably a better defense than the Saints, who've been falling off lately). he can do it. I don't think he will, but he can.

Boys are my lock of the week, I wouldn't even be particularly worried about it as a Cowboys fan. their defense can get the job done, it's just up to Prime Time Dak Prescott to hold up his end of the deal

e: I hope Pederson and Groh have looked into using Goedert as an H-back. their run game really needs to step up and I think he's got the skills to be used like Hernandez in 2011. if anything, just to give the defense a different look

indigi fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 10, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Everyone on the Saints OL is apparently half-dead so I'm cautiously optimistic Drew Brees wont have all day to throw again

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Everyone on the Saints OL is apparently half-dead so I'm cautiously optimistic Drew Brees wont have all day to throw again

Last week all those limited practices were did not participates so hey things are looking up on our side too.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

a new study bible! posted:

I just looked at the Rams schedule, and they have a week 2 win over the Chargers before the Chargers even knew what they were doing, and they obviously have the shootout win over KC. Aside from that they have 2 wins over Seattle, which are a bit suspect considering how lousy the Cardinals and Niners were. Seattle probably isn't a playoff team in a different division. So two strong wins, two okay wins, with everything else being over a middling to bad team.

LA lost to Chicago and Philly, so we know they are susceptible to good defenses. Dallas has the tools offensively to compete if the same Rams defense shows up as what's been on the field for the entire season.

Yeah. It's hard to get a bead on the Rams because they fell off a bit towards the end of the season. But for Dallas, this is probably the best it could've turned out. I still think the Rams have the better chance, all they need is ta decent lead early and Dallas will fall out of it. But if the Rams struggle to move the ball it's gonna be a long loving day.

Shinjobi posted:

LA is absolutely not great against the run. The difference for this matchup over the Cowboys/Seahawks matchup, though, is that Gurley is as good a RB as Zeke. Rams don't do running game by committee like Seattle does. Gurley could be a serious test against the Cowboys D. They had struggles against Saquon Barkley, I could see something similar this weekend.

So it's a Goddamn tossup, imo.

It's way beyond "not great". They're THIRTY SECOND in the league in opponent rush yards per attempt. They are literally the WORST run defense in the NFL. Not when it comes to DVOA because they stiffen up on third down and near the goal line, but 5.1 rush yards per attempt over the whole season... that is awful.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Coliseum is gonna be 80% Cowboys fans

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I think I'd be ok keeping Jason Garrett in the future, but Scott Linehan should be given walking papers, imo.

If Kris and Rod can be as effective as they are with our defense, it just makes me feel Scott is a handicap.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

shyduck posted:

The Coliseum is gonna be 80% Cowboys fans

Chargers players thinking "drat, only 80%? that'd be a friendly crowd"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Bananana posted:

If Kris and Rod can be as effective as they are with our defense, it just makes me feel Scott is a handicap.

why did Seattle let Kris get away?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

Chargers players thinking "drat, only 80%? that'd be a friendly crowd"

The Chargers unofficial motto this season is ASAP: Any Squad Any Place

which is pretty cool actually. they're embracing their situation and making it into something to be proud of. although 10 AM Eastern in freezing Foxborough might stretch the doctrine

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

indigi posted:

why did Seattle let Kris get away?

Kris and Pete Carroll go way back, but the big rumor is that Kris was on the "everyone but Russ" side of things in the Seahawks locker room. As Sherman went, so did Kris Richard. Allegedly.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Play posted:

The Chargers unofficial motto this season is ASAP: Any Squad Any Place

which is pretty cool actually. they're embracing their situation and making it into something to be proud of. although 10 AM Eastern in freezing Foxborough might stretch the doctrine

I'm just mad because we were supposed to be getting snow on Sunday but now there's nothing on the forecast. Oh well, at least it'll probably be more competitive this way. Were there even any snow games this year?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm just mad because we were supposed to be getting snow on Sunday but now there's nothing on the forecast. Oh well, at least it'll probably be more competitive this way. Were there even any snow games this year?

I don't think so. There were some muddy games and some rainy games but no snow. Certainly nothing like that Buffalo Indianapolis game which I would qualify as a top 5 game last season. It's a goddamn tragedy but you gotta think it's only a matter of time before every open stadium has been replaced by a dome, that process has already started.

anyways, Saquon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0JObY7IiVk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats on giving Allen more power :lol:
https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/1083817512167505920

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao wow

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This is the move that

Um

I actually don't know what this will do

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Lmao

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

like throwing grease on a dumpster fire

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

The Bananana posted:

I think I'd be ok keeping Jason Garrett in the future, but Scott Linehan should be given walking papers, imo.

Linehan is a weird one. In 2016, they were not trying to make Dak run Tony's offense, but in 2017 they did, to mostly decent results up until the Atlanta game when Smith and Zeke were out. That game alone was enough to get Linehan fired IMO. They made little effort in getting that sack of poo poo backup LT Chaz Green any help at all. They just about ruined Dak's internal clock for the rest of the 2017 games. Dak seems to play best in the 2 min offense, where he's calling his own plays at the line. That is very telling.

TLDR; Fire Linehan yesterday.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yeah gently caress this team.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

In further news, Washington announced that it has changed it's team nickname to the "Washington Savage Injun Redskin Scalpers"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I’ll admit it: changing the name to the Washington Scalpers and keeping the logo would be an impressive power move

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/LeblancCrevon/status/1083856289602650112

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Vengarr posted:

I’ll admit it: changing the name to the Washington Scalpers and keeping the logo would be an impressive power move

Snyder won't change the name because it damages his brand. Changing to Warriors or Savages or Scalpers or whatever loses the nostalgia which is the only thing Snyder has left.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am the vulture circling Washington's team. This dipshit is going to bankrupt a football team the same way he managed to bankrupt six flags.

Let me take a stand. Let me be brave enough to say: I don't think Snyder is a particularly good businessman.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I can’t tell what’s funnier, that this seems to be sincere, how few plays there are in the video, or “Zach Ertz with the YAC.”

Cre’von owns though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shinjobi posted:

I am the vulture circling Washington's team. This dipshit is going to bankrupt a football team the same way he managed to bankrupt six flags.

Let me take a stand. Let me be brave enough to say: I don't think Snyder is a particularly good businessman.

It's pretty much impossible to lose money with a NFL team. Revenue sharing makes it so that everyone, even the biggest joke of an owner, will make money. The only way things will change is if Snyder was forced to sell the team on account of being a financial albatross.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Snyder would be long out in any other situation but yeah the TV contracts and profit sharing means he can keep doing the dumbest poo poo ever and succed despite being a completely stupid rear end in a top hat with the personality of a wet mop.

I was catching someone up who doesn't know NFL and commented it sounded like a certain orange idiot. I had to point out least that one plainly has a personality,

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYP6SJyixBo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

BiggerBoat posted:

In further news, Washington announced that it has changed it's team nickname to the "Washington Savage Injun Redskin Scalpers"

I loled in a mens restroom

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Bananana posted:

I loled in a mens restroom

Hopefully you were looking down or were alone.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Vengarr posted:

I didn't even use some of the more offensive names I found so as not to eat a probe.

Seriously though, changing the name is loving WAY overdue and would be a good karmic first step but, no, let's promote the one guy besides Snyder that's been driving this franchise into the ground for the last 2 decades.

As an Eagles fan, go knock yourselves out with whatever the gently caress it is your lovely franchise is doing and keep doing that but, as a progressive and a football fan in general, come the gently caress on, Washington.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's pretty much impossible to lose money with a NFL team. Revenue sharing makes it so that everyone, even the biggest joke of an owner, will make money. The only way things will change is if Snyder was forced to sell the team on account of being a financial albatross.

Mike Brown used to use that exact reason for why he didn't bother trying to make the Bengals less of a dumpster fire in the 90s and early 2000s pre-Lewis. Although I think I just inferred the "biggest joke of an owner" bit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jason Sextro posted:

Mike Brown used to use that exact reason for why he didn't bother trying to make the Bengals less of a dumpster fire in the 90s and early 2000s pre-Lewis. Although I think I just inferred the "biggest joke of an owner" bit.

Apparently Snyder holds that particular distinction now.

quote:

“Snyder has positioned himself as the junior [Dallas Cowboys owner] Jerry Jones,” said a former high-ranking NFL executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “While a lot of owners don’t like Jerry and resent Jerry because he operates by his own rules, they respect him. They know he runs a franchise that makes a bazillion dollars and makes everybody money. I don’t think anybody thinks Daniel Snyder puts money in their pocket. He’s met with a smirk.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
On the other hand, before they had injuries, Washington was clearly the best team in the NFC East.

Snyder sucks and everything, but it seems like an odd year to blame him for their collapse.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NotWearingPants posted:

On the other hand, before they had injuries, Washington was clearly the best team in the NFC East.

Snyder sucks and everything, but it seems like an odd year to blame him for their collapse.

They were definitely not the best team in the NFCE. They had the best record in the division, but they were the beneficiaries of some really flukey wins. At the time they were the only team in the NFL with a winning record that averaged less than 20 PPG.

Injuries sucked and they probably would have won a few more games because of it, but the problems with Snyder are long-standing and the early wins we're just a distraction.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NotWearingPants posted:

Eli Manning.

Perhaps your question is a little confusing. You are talking about trading Wentz for a couple of firsts and a player, right? I ask for clarification because it might seem like you are talking about trading Foles.

No Eagles fan here except for Indigi is going to take that deal for Wentz.

Sorry - i must’ve quoted someone discussing Wentz and not said his name.

I guess the disconnect is I don’t see Wentz as a guaranteed star.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sorry - i must’ve quoted someone discussing Wentz and not said his name.

I guess the disconnect is I don’t see Wentz as a guaranteed star.

he isn’t, unless you’re talking to Eagles homers. I think he will be, but I’d consider taking two firsts and an all pro pass rusher on a first round rookie deal for him

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

As is tradition:

GO COWBOYS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
More like SOWBOYS