Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't do speedrunning but I can appreciate it and I think it's fun to see a few outtakes of crazy speedruns sometimes. Why would you be bothered by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah speed running is fine. It's kinda cool to find exploits and sequence breaks to finish a game in novel ways. I'd never do it but i appreciate it for what it is

Vakal
May 11, 2008
People doing one credit runs of old arcade games are also fun to watch.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Speedruns are good fun and all, but I prefer to watch people play dogshit terrible games and try to riff on them while failing to conceal the fact that they're miserable

Lowtax play Afraid of Monsters

olives black fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 12, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i generally hate watching people play games but this week was so fuckin slow i had agdq on in the background and whoever said the sonic 1 dude was cool is right, dude seemed p blazed the whole time and it was fun

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Most people have some cheesy hobby that they spend way too much time on and most people wouldn't understand. That said there is definitely something way off about speedrunners and the idea of just taking some lovely old game and playing it for hundreds, or thousands of hours to be the fastest at it is abnormal.

Then again, I have stupid hobbies too and no one is going to pay me for it, so who knows. Maybe my hobbies are worse.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What hobby is worse than video gmaes

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

poisonpill posted:

Probably posting about them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

warhammer 40k miniature painting speed running

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

poisonpill posted:

Collecting your own cum in a jar is probably worse.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Japanese cartoons and comic books

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Playing video games you can kinda admit on a first date (if pressed), putting video game videos on youtube after six months of dating and speedrunning on the silver anniversary.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Collecting used women's shoes

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Collecting stuff seems like a horrible lovely hobby no matter what it is, at least speedrunners create a spectacle

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

QuarkJets posted:

*wipes drool from chin*

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

All of my lady shoes have been acquired by buying used. This is bad? I thought i was just sidestepping the outrageous prices women pay for clothes.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Watching professional sports in general. At least video games change over time, sports is just the same game year after year and if your team wins or loses is meaningless most of the time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If collecting human heads in the freezer is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
A lot of guys acting high and mighty about videogames in this pay-for videogame forum in a videogame thread. Like do you realize how far out of your way on the internet you had to go to get to this specific place to hold this discussion? You're not fooling anybody, you know.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

I don't do speedrunning but I can appreciate it and I think it's fun to see a few outtakes of crazy speedruns sometimes. Why would you be bothered by it

Many goons are very concerned about "autism" in a "I'm a miserable, depressed bastard projecting my problems onto others" way

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Many goons are very concerned about "autism" in a "I'm a miserable, depressed bastard projecting my problems onto others" way

nah that's all the posters who can't stop talking about how everything is poo poo and they want everyone to die

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

nah that's all the posters who can't stop talking about how everything is poo poo and they want everyone to die

Same difference really

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Olaf The Stout posted:

A lot of guys acting high and mighty about videogames in this pay-for videogame forum in a videogame thread. Like do you realize how far out of your way on the internet you had to go to get to this specific place to hold this discussion? You're not fooling anybody, you know.

good job holmes you've cracked the case lol was this a huge revelation for you?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sodomy Hussein posted:

After working with and around people with autism for years I can safely say that most of them are far less miserable than goons or the average gamer.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

QuarkJets posted:

good job holmes you've cracked the case lol was this a huge revelation for you?

Just pointing out standard hypocrisy that everyone else seems to be glossing over? If you're here, you're hopelessly complicit, even you. It's like, the ancient ur-goon hypocrisy to say that other people aren't enjoying videogames the way that I personally do, so they're the real brokebrains. Then there's always some goons circling around cackling saying they're totally woke and above it all. That poo poo has been going on on this forum for like 20 years.

Olaf The Stout fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 12, 2019

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Olaf The Stout posted:

Just pointing out standard hypocrisy that everyone else seems to be glossing over? If you're here, you're hopelessly complicit, even you. It's like, the ancient ur-goon hypocrisy to say that other people aren't enjoying videogames the way that I personally do, so they're the real brokebrains. Then there's always some goons circling around cackling saying they're totally woke and above it all. That poo poo has been going on on this forum for like 20 years.

lurking was working out better for you

don't think you have much of a posting future

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Olaf The Stout posted:

That's why it's funny that you're just pointing it out now.

It's the unpopular game opinions thread, if you came in here with high expectations that's on you. You've been here long enough to know this thread would be a garbage dump lol.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It's fine to do whatever you want with your time. None of that poo poo matters.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Sonic CD is boring.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

It's fine to do whatever you want with your time. None of that poo poo matters.

Yeah. speedrunning invokes a visceral wtf reaction from me, but honestly the entire point of a hobby is doing some stupid thing that no one else has to understand because it's all about your own enjoyment. So who am I to judge.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Two people now have mentioned that this thread is in a video game forum, well guess what, it's actually in GBS, stupid

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Sodomy Hussein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhsc9nEH4Pw

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Sid Vicious posted:

Two people now have mentioned that this thread is in a video game forum, well guess what, it's actually in GBS, stupid

General, including but not limited to Videogame, Bullshit

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

poisonpill posted:

Wrestling.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

:confused:
what? I came to SA for the hentai game reviews and I assumed the whole site was about video games. like the gameFAQ forums

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Olaf The Stout posted:

What am I complicit in? The George Soros conspiracy to extract hormones from the pineal glands of illegal immigrant children? Yes, but what's your point?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol if you think GBS isn’t a video game forum.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

poisonpill posted:

professional "ball" of any kind, by a wide margin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Olaf The Stout posted:

Oh no the hypocrisy of nerds laughing at different nerds, if only we'd seen it earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

playing the same game over and over again for years is weird, you can't just say "nah man they're just enjoying it differently," its legitimately a strange behaviour to play the same game over and over and over