Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Big Scary Owl posted:

The boys need to check out this game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/955050/Bright_Memory__Episode_1/

Basically first person DMC developed by just one dude that came out today. Take a look at the gifs in the steam page.

quote:

The full version will add the following:
More guns.
Kill the enemy's execute interaction.

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
HOLY poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqyU5rb7FY

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cant wait for all the grinding that woolie isn't gonna cut out...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Big Scary Owl posted:

The boys need to check out this game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/955050/Bright_Memory__Episode_1/

Basically first person DMC developed by just one dude that came out today. Take a look at the gifs in the steam page.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bad Crab opinions in Woolie's latest video.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie Katamari is fun. His intro Katamari should have a garbage can head tho. Missed opportunity.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Woolie's content lately has been some good poo poo

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Woolie's fiance is savage

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResourcefulPunchyPorpoiseAMPTropPunch

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAH

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
How much does it spoil for anime watcher?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Forgall posted:

How much does it spoil for anime watcher?

7th stand is specifically set during Stardust Crusaders and goes through basically all of Stardust iirc

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

OneDeadman posted:

7th stand is specifically set during Stardust Crusaders and goes through basically all of Stardust iirc

There's also references to the other parts,with a character from Part... 6 I believe showing up later on as a non-Dio recurring villain.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Its also Woolie playing it though, so I'm pretty sure spoilers will be flying wild.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

nerdman42 posted:

Its also Woolie playing it though, so I'm pretty sure spoilers will be flying wild.
Yeah I gave it a look and he immediately started talking about characters from parts 6-7 before game even really began.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Is there a Goon LP or an existing Goon-recommended LP of the game? Just watched Woolie's episode and it really sounds amazing, but I am both impatient and don't want to wait, plus given how complex and variable the gameplay sounds, I imagine that watching two different LPs would still yield two pretty different game experiences.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Is there a Goon LP or an existing Goon-recommended LP of the game? Just watched Woolie's episode and it really sounds amazing, but I am both impatient and don't want to wait, plus given how complex and variable the gameplay sounds, I imagine that watching two different LPs would still yield two pretty different game experiences.

It's an RPG Maker game so you can play it yourself if you want to, really. Check the LP Archive to see if anyone did it here, but I don't think any of the goon favorites ever tried that one out.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dias posted:

It's an RPG Maker game so you can play it yourself if you want to, really. Check the LP Archive to see if anyone did it here, but I don't think any of the goon favorites ever tried that one out.

Waffleman_ tried to do one, but he abandoned it unfortunately. As it stands there's not a complete goon lp yet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are Matt and Liam going to continue the Bloodborne stream?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
It's nice that Billy finally got to be more than just the voiceless editor... but listening to Woolie and him LP ZOE I just can't tolerate his voice. Funny to look at the comments and see people being the happiest ever about him being there though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Woolie's whole merry LP band is filled with people with thick accents that I have trouble hearing at times.

I'm not about to say somebody's voice is intolerable because it doesn't bother me at all, but also I literally can't understand Voltabass. I don't know if it's the mixing or whatever but having to relisten to a bit like 3 times and still not understanding what's being said does well at making me feel like an idiot.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why can't I see the chat feed on Twitch?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Grouchio posted:

Why can't I see the chat feed on Twitch?

Why would you ever want to?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Neo_Crimson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pufz8K2uQG4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Two and a half hours to play a 30 minute demo? The gently caress is this poo poo?

Oh wow, three accounts to do it multiple times.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sounds like people should skip ahead whenever they start talking about persona in the podcast because they don't know what metaphors mean.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Sometimes the chat is useful, like when it taught me about misophonia when Paige wouldn't stop crunching into the god drat microphone.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Tae posted:

Sounds like people should skip ahead whenever they start talking about persona in the podcast because they don't know what metaphors mean.

Are there mad spoilers dropped?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Woolie definitely seems to have "inherited" the SBF format, considering he is now doing two-a-day LP uploads

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

and now that he is on his own he cannot be stopped when it comes to rpgs

the second episode of 7th stand user took 7 minutes to get through 3 dialog boxes

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

RuBisCO posted:

Are there mad spoilers dropped?

I think P5 spoilers get dropped. Also Pat tries to dance around into the spiderverse spoilers only to drop big spoilers instead.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I stand firmly in the belief that spoiler shielding should last only one week for movies and one month for games

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What do we live in the wild west or something? Spoiler warnings should last until the game drops in price or the movie's out on DVD. As long as things cost money, someone who wanted to see it or play it has not yet done so because they can't spare it. Best to wait till it's something reasonable instead of full price.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I guess it wasn't truly a best friends thread until we started the spoiler discussion.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i bet people in the Wild Wild West didn't have to worry too much about spoilers, honestly

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lots of games drop in price after like a week lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bonaventure posted:

i bet people in the Wild Wild West didn't have to worry too much about spoilers, honestly

On the other hand, how long do you think the waiting list for the latest Penny Dreadful was? I'm willing to bet someone somewhere got shot dead for spoiling the latest tall tale told around the campfire.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Bonaventure posted:

If I was living in Wild Wild West times and someone told me Loveless' machine was a giant spider before it attacked anybody i'd be pissed

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CJacobs posted:

What do we live in the wild west or something? Spoiler warnings should last until the game drops in price or the movie's out on DVD. As long as things cost money, someone who wanted to see it or play it has not yet done so because they can't spare it. Best to wait till it's something reasonable instead of full price.

If you care enough to not want spoilers you care enough to see it full price when it comes out

Culture shouldn’t slow down and wait for you

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Culture shouldn’t slow down and wait for you

gently caress off, lmao

"I should be able to spoil movies after a week because I assume everyone else has had the time and opportunity to see the movie if they really cared" is some loving bullshit, Mel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

WampaLord posted:

gently caress off, lmao

"I should be able to spoil movies after a week because I assume everyone else has had the time and opportunity to see the movie if they really cared" is some loving bullshit, Mel.

If I am listening to a pop culture podcast I am not gonna get mad about spoilers for a month old movie. I listen to pop culture podcasts because I want to hear people talk about pop culture and it's annoying when they have to have these weird tiptoe bullshit because some dude is mad someone dared talk about a movie they saw