Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Colts 15 12.20%
Chiefs 28 22.76%
SCORING 31 25.20%
SNOW 49 39.84%
Total: 73 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Someone's trying to get on the Today show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm still assuming the Chiefs lose because dominating the first half and then being completely destroyed the second is 100% a Chiefs playoff move

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
DDDOOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNKKKKKKK

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Obviously 3 points would have been better, but the biggest thing the Colts needed there was to get past that 0 first down thing.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I knew as soon as soon as Michaels wrote off the 3 as a given it was a miss.

And did I hear Vinatieri is 46?

(Wiki Check) Holy poo poo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm still assuming the Chiefs lose because dominating the first half and then being completely destroyed the second is 100% a Chiefs playoff move

I can’t see the colts managing at least four stops.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Codependent Poster posted:

Obviously 3 points would have been better, but the biggest thing the Colts needed there was to get past that 0 first down thing.

Yes yes, first downs over points

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
CRANK THAT DOINKA BOY

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Who was that idiot Kicker?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Nail Rat posted:

I'm just saying maybe they should have assistants hired by the head coach it doesn't seem insane to me. There are definitely scheme mismatches in the staff

What rookie should they be able to stop easily

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Good effort but not quite a double doink

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/CharlesWoodson/status/1084224670805749760?s=19

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Codependent Poster posted:

lol at this poo poo.

Eberflus has proven to be a very good coordinator.

I agree but (and I could be wrong) I thought he didn't hire all of his assistants.

Also he did a bad job today. I'm sorry but safeties being hurt in week 19 doesn't account for everything.

Would you put it on the players? What would you chalk it up to? The defense has been absolutely awful. Yeah a couple safeties are out but all teams have that at this stage.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This might finally be the year for the Chiefs.

Then again we thought that last year at halftime and, welp!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Poor Andrew luck

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Nail Rat posted:

Out of bounds doesn't stop the clock outside of 5 mins left in the half, then it does unless there was a change

It was under 2 minutes in the half, but I'm prettyty sure Watkins was heading backwards when he went out of bounds, so they gave him forward progress inbounds and that's why Indy called timeout.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm glad all the teams are idiots and no one is stealing Eric Beiniemy from the Chiefs this year. Also, Chiefs get the ball to start half #2, so hopefully they don't take their foot off the gas.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Substandard posted:

I'm glad all the teams are idiots and no one is stealing Eric Beiniemy from the Chiefs this year. Also, Chiefs get the ball to start half #2, so hopefully they don't take their foot off the gas.

I don’t this Eric whatever is the thing that makes the Chiefs offense work.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

MD2020 posted:

It was under 2 minutes in the half, but I'm prettyty sure Watkins was heading backwards when he went out of bounds, so they gave him forward progress inbounds and that's why Indy called timeout.

Ok, that makes sense, I didnt realize "going backwards" meant "forward progress stopped inbounds" because I'm ramping up in anticipation of the 30 point loss

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
colts should be charged with elder abuse after that poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

jimmy fallon get off my computer thank you god bless

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t this Eric whatever is the thing that makes the Chiefs offense work.

He certainly didn't hurt, and the last 2 Chiefs OCs who didn't call plays have ended up as decent HCs. Plus all you guys told me Andy Reid is a bad coach, so it can't be him?

Really though I'm just happy with continuity for Mahomes.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

How about Tirico just seeming perfectly comfortable while Rodney and Dungy look like they want to shrivel up and die.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Substandard posted:

He certainly didn't hurt, and the last 2 Chiefs OCs who didn't call plays have ended up as decent HCs. Plus all you guys told me Andy Reid is a bad coach, so it can't be him?

One guy called Andy a bad coach and everyone laughed at him, chill

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Substandard posted:

Who the gently caress is “all you guys?” Andy Reid is a great coach.

Also, Nagy got phenomenally lucky that he’s got an all world defense because that team definitely wasn’t getting by on the strength of its offense.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
The only people who think Andy Reid is a bad coach are idiot Eagles fans and dumbshits who think that every coach that isn't Bill Belichick is awful.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Lets go

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nail Rat posted:

I agree but (and I could be wrong) I thought he didn't hire all of his assistants.

Also he did a bad job today. I'm sorry but safeties being hurt in week 19 doesn't account for everything.

Would you put it on the players? What would you chalk it up to? The defense has been absolutely awful. Yeah a couple safeties are out but all teams have that at this stage.

The Colts defense is the same today as it has been all year. It's a shallow defense that plays fast and can get beat on misdirection. It has no natural pass rush and no corners to do anything but zone with. Eberflus is operating with the players he has after the whole roster has been ripped up and replaced.

Mahomes lead the league in TD's for a reason, give some credit to the team they are trying to defend.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

#12 CAUGHT A PASS IN A PLAYOFF GAME!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Mahomes talks about Dieter a lot and it's usually really good. I hope he makes bigger waves next year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Unfortunately Leonard has had a bad game so far too. I really wish they'd just try to pressure Mahomes more. He might beat it but he's beating this defense now.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That sidearm

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

:stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao how is Mahomes real.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
That guy was super excited to make his first catch! :allears:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
That fuckin pass

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Mahomes sideslinging it around offensive linemen to keep the d-line from batting the pass will never not be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Yeah, I don't think the Colts have a chance in hell of turning this game around.

I think the Chiefs playoffs curse manifests this year as a turbofucking from the goddamn Patriots, because this is the Darkest Timeline