Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Schumer grows an extra vertebrae every time trump calls him a name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Peacoffee posted:

Biden: His Time
Palin comparison.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Zero_Grade posted:

I assumed it ran on a semi-seniority kinda deal, so I figured they would get the nod over junior-but-sorta-prominent Senators. I assume it's weighted more towards a horse trading affair then.

You need someone from a safe seat with some seniority, who's shown he can make washington work, who also can fundraise massively.

Thune might not be from a really rich state but he's full of farm subsidy money and has been there for nearly 15 years.

Cornyn has texas money behind him, is liked well enough by the caucus, and will never lose an election. He's been there for nearly two decades at this point.

I mean they could be like "we need a new era of republican politics" and nominate Ben Sasse.

honestly at this point I could see them rolling with Mitt, if Romney doesn't want to run for President again. Most senators actually don't want the job.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Notice how Trump still doesn’t have a nickname for Pelosi. He fears her.

Saying Nancy is meant to be disrespectful, because her title is Speaker, as in Speaker Pelosi.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The president is pathetic.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AsInHowe posted:

Saying Nancy is meant to be disrespectful, because her title is Speaker, as in Speaker Pelosi.

i wish they'd all call him donald because that legit bothers him.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
USPOL Winter: The President is pathetic

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so how is his dumb interview?

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Trump is spinning his wheels so hard over the wall that he’s leaving skid marks in his big boy diapers. Walls ‘n wheels baby

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yesh posted:

Trump is spinning his wheels so hard over the wall that he’s leaving skid marks in his big boy diapers. Walls ‘n wheels baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCZ3CDW63mc

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

is there any reason other than alliteration that he's Cryin' Chuck?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He just said he hasn't left the White House in months.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really hope that neither Bernie or Biden runs. Especially Biden. Dude would have been a solid Dem candidate in like 2000.

Okay, so Bernie doesn't run. In that case, who does run that's worthwhile? I haven't really seen any good alternatives who're actually in a position to run.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Phoix posted:

He just said he hasn't left the White House in months.

Lol he forgot about the trip to Iraq he took what, a week or 2 ago?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Charliegrs posted:

Lol he forgot about the trip to Iraq he took what, a week or 2 ago?

he went to texas a day ago.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Dumb, I imagine.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

is there any reason other than alliteration that he's Cryin' Chuck?

Back when the Muslim ban was first rolled out, Schumer gave an emotional speech comparing it to Jews fleeing Germany.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wish they'd all call him donald because that legit bothers him.

They should. And since that bothers him, it's why he calls them Nancy and Chuck.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

*dog growls and snaps at small child, child cries*
Haha fuckin' liberal go back to your safe space.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Jealous Cow posted:

Re: the interpreter that Trump told not to speak about his meetings with Putin—

Could that be what the subpoena that the White House was fighting was about? The one where they shut down a whole floor of the courthouse.

This has already been established, as much as anything has been established in this often secretive court case.

It is known that this was a state owned enterprise from a foreign country, doing "substantial" business in the United States, who argued that complying with the subpeona would be against the laws of their own country. We don't know what country it is from, the easy choice it is from a Russian business, but it could be from a Saudi Arabian business, or, as much as we know, a business based in Singapore. There was some thought at the beginning that it was a private individual, but subsequent filings showed it was a company.

Just a reminder that the Russia thread, which was at times a good source of information about a very complicated and vital set of investigations, is no longer here. And that important things like "The Supreme Court made a rare stay of an anonymous case, this is what it might mean" are now drowned out by digressions of whether or not the Rock is a cool guy.

If Donald Trump can be spoken of having any type of strategy at all, it is to erase people's ability to remember what is normal and what is not. It is also to make such a constant blaring that people lose all sense of scale and proportion. And reading this thread, I have to say he has encountered success in both.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
He's loving nuts.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

lol this interview

"exposing all of this corruption is going to be my greatest accomplishment"

more than you'll ever know donald

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1084274805430517760

Very cool and very legal

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Imagine if this was done by a President who wasn’t considered a walking breathing joke.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Imagine if this was done by a President who wasn’t considered a walking breathing joke.

I watched Vice the other day at the theater and Cheney would have just up and did it without talking about it and we'd all find out like six months to a year after the fact and nobody would have given a poo poo. It was almost quiet how effortlessly and successfully that man exercised his will for evil and got away with it scot-free.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Cool that the President is on National TV targeting private citizens who have never held any sort of office.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

zenguitarman posted:

lol this interview

"exposing all of this corruption is going to be my greatest accomplishment"

more than you'll ever know donald

"you were supposed to bring balance to the force!"

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

What's the one below Banana Republic? Because that's what that looks like.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

wow Maggie Haberman must be Very Concerned

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

wow Maggie Haberman must be Very Concerned

She better be careful with that. John McCain once got so Concerned it straight up killed him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tell us how you really feel howard

https://twitter.com/govhowarddean/status/1084111257500901377?s=21

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Republicans posted:

*dog growls and snaps at small child, child cries*
Haha fuckin' liberal go back to your safe space.

That guy is a loving fascist rear end in a top hat sack of poo poo but at least his dogs look happy and mild tempered.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone should take those dogs from him imo

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

She better be careful with that. John McCain once got so Concerned it straight up killed him.

Oh my God...do you think when we thought he was saying "I'm very concerned," he was slurring his words and meant to say, "I'm very CANCERED"?!:ohdear:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Unkempt posted:

What's the one below Banana Republic? Because that's what that looks like.

Because he's pathetic. Which I'm grateful for.

A real banana republic dictator would have opponents jailed or worse.

Which is why I don't understand why his authoritarian base supports him so much. He's just so obviously a failure who just whines nonstop about every little thing.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

incoming ratio

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/1084284162654306306

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Yeah that's verging on like 'gently caress you, strong letter to follow'.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1084286707476893696

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
They are going to wear her out by the end of her first term.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084117143988461571

"In fact, there’s almost nobody in the W.H. but me, and..."

"Late in life, Henry became obese, with a waist measurement of 54 inches (140 cm), and had to be moved about with the help of mechanical inventions. He was covered with painful, pus-filled boils and possibly suffered from gout."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

Dead, aged 55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisCRxREDkY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Trump's tweets just break my mind. They infuriate me every time I see them; I can't decide what factor feels the most annoying - the fact that it's so unfathomably unprofessional to the point that I don't understand how anyone can view this behavior as appropriate for a sitting president - or the fact that he's constantly lying and acting victimized, and not nearly being called enough for how full of poo poo he is - or the fact that he's slinging childish insults and repeats in them in a way that reeks of desperation to make them a thing.

Like does he feel really proud of "Cryin' Chuck" or something?