Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Get hosed cowboys. Enjoy the Jason Garrett experience for the next decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Welp,

see y'all next year

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good luck, Eagles. I still hate the Saints more than you.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Eagles deserve misery

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
On the one hand going from a 3-5 start to second round of the playoffs is pretty cool.

On the other hand this probably means STATUS QUO going forward.

Entertaining season regardless, I guess, but not having any optimism about another big leap forward either.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

RIP the dream

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This

Bad game for the defense to turn into a pumpkin but oh well

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So long as Scott Linehan dies or gets fired I can survive

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Shinjobi posted:

fingers crossed

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

I'm fine with Garrett staying on board at least another year, the team seems to love playing for him, but they seriously need to get a new OC that can play to Dak's strengths if they're re-signing him, he deserves that much.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQG-dp14vHc

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Congratulations Dallas Cowboys on your 3rd season with a playoff win in the last 30 years.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/jimmykempski/status/1084322677366640640?s=21

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

NotWearingPants posted:

Congratulations Dallas Cowboys on your 3rd season with a playoff win in the last 30 years.

They won 3 superbowls and went to the NFC championship within the last 30 years. If you're going to shittalk, at least be accurate. The cowboys have to get to 2026 for three decades of spectacular failure.

23 years of hot poo poo? Absolutely.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Tom Sellout posted:

Eagles deserve misery

Until last year that's pretty much all it's been for 50 or 60 years so I'd say we've suffered enough.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The Cowboys at least made a game out of it and went down fighting. The Rams just kept running and gutting it out and didn’t make any mistakes to capitalize on really. It was a better showing than the Colts that’s for sure.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I didn't expect them to fold on defense like that. If they could have stopped the run at all they would have won handily, because Goff is looking suspect.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I’m actually impressed with how the Rams defense stepped up and stopped the run. That was unexpected.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

23 years of hot poo poo? Absolutely.

Thank you for the correction.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
The best thing about watching that Cowboys game last night is that if the Eagles can somehow Foles their way past the Saints, I am 100% certain that we can take the Rams. Goff looks worse every time I see him play, and I feel like they'd struggle more against our offense than Dallas'.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

The best thing about watching that Cowboys game last night is that if the Eagles can somehow Foles their way past the Saints, I am 100% certain that we can take the Rams. Goff looks worse every time I see him play, and I feel like they'd struggle more against our offense than Dallas'.

We just beat the Rams like a month ago

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Mr. Nice! posted:

The cowboys have to get to 2026 for three decades of spectacular failure.

That's probably about the time they give Jason Garrett "One more year to get this right or we are gonna start thinking about your future here coach"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a new study bible! posted:

I didn't expect them to fold on defense like that. If they could have stopped the run at all they would have won handily, because Goff is looking suspect.

They haven't been beat on the line like that all year, and it left the linebackers making a coin flip judgment call every play. Guess correctly, you prevent the play from breaking open. Guess wrong, and a lineman eats you.

It's loving sad that the offense was the only thing keeping them in the game, as how many times was that said all year?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

They haven't been beat on the line like that all year, and it left the linebackers making a coin flip judgment call every play. Guess correctly, you prevent the play from breaking open. Guess wrong, and a lineman eats you.

It's loving sad that the offense was the only thing keeping them in the game, as how many times was that said all year?

https://twitter.com/Danny_Heifetz/status/1084523875491139584

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

Even more reason to fire the coaches.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shinjobi posted:

thank you, and I love you

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I don't hate Cowboys fans I hate Jerry Jones. Godspeed, I hope Dak only gets a 2 year extension

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm looking forward to an Andy Reid/Doug Pederson Super Bowl.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'm looking forward to an all-Andy Reid Tree playoffs in a couple years.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1084538725495914496

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
go birds

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I've changed my mind. Fire Jason Garrett.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hahaha Big Dick Nick.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao literally the second after the commentators finished openly wondering why on earth they'd get a play off right before the 2 minute warning

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
EDP must be so happy right now

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

The NFCE is dead, long live the NFCE

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Eagles lose but clownball wins, what a ridiculous game. At least Dallas is out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Now we can all be miserable together. :unsmith:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It was a good game but I’m still really disappointed and mad for the offense completely disappearing after the second drive. The Eagles defense? Pretty drat good all things considering!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
welp, at least we lasted 24 hours more than the cowboys