Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LordSloth posted:

old news, new news
https://twitter.com/jasonrileywdrb/status/1083740999598460928?s=21

I remember the bowling green massacre

How the gently caress do the writers keep topping themselves every season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LordSloth posted:

old news, new news
https://twitter.com/jasonrileywdrb/status/1083740999598460928?s=21

I remember the bowling green massacre

Wait, don't members of Congress get free medical care? Or is it free as in they don't pay in contributions to the insurance, but still have co-pays and deductibles?

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wait, don't members of Congress get free medical care? Or is it free as in they don't pay in contributions to the insurance, but still have co-pays and deductibles?

Maybe he opted out?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Killer_B posted:

Maybe he opted out?

Taxation is theft

*goes to Canada for cheap healthcare because of their tax rates*

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

brylcreem posted:

I find it hard to believe that Epstein hadn't installed cameras on his private island to get blackmail material on powerful people.

This lady who had suspected Mossad connections allegedly helped procure for Epstein:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghislaine_Maxwell

quote:

Details of a civil lawsuit made public in January 2015 contained a deposition from a woman, identified as 'Jane Doe 3', accusing Maxwell of having recruited her in 1999, when she was a minor, to have sex with Epstein. (citation)

Her father was outed as Mossad and was found dead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maxwell#Mossad_allegations;_Vanunu_case

quote:

Shortly before Maxwell's death, a former employee of Israel's Military Intelligence Directorate, Ari Ben-Menashe, approached a number of news organisations in Britain and the U.S. with the allegation that Maxwell and the Daily Mirror's foreign editor, Nicholas Davies, were both long-time agents for Mossad. (citation)

Former DILF fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 13, 2019

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Cthulu Carl posted:

I thought so too, but apparently no:

snopes posted:

As of 1 January 2014, Members of Congress (MOC) and Congressional staff purchase their insurance through the District of Columbia’s small business health options program (SHOP) exchange, also known as DC Health Link. Contrary to popular belief, Congressional members do not receive free health care. As it does for other federal employees who purchase their insurance through the FEHBP, the federal government provides a subsidy equivalent to 72 percent of the weighted average of all FEHBP premiums.

Therefore, MOC and staff pay approximately 28 percent of their annual healthcare premiums through pre-tax payroll deductions.

Although DC’s SHOP offers a total of 57 different ACA insurance plans at the bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels, the Office of Personnel Management has ruled that MOC and staff may only receive the employer contribution if they purchase insurance at the gold tier.

Congress also has in-house doctors and members of congress can also use military medical facilities while in DC. Those are free, but they are only for minor outpatient procedures.

So it's safe to assume that the $5-8k is still cheaper than whatever he would have paid under an ACA gold plan.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

having not even a single second of experience in Congress, here is my advice on being in Congress....

also, "stop doing that thing that's making you massively popular. instead you should shut up and learn from the massively unpopular congress."

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Shanghaied posted:

So it's safe to assume that the $5-8k is still cheaper than whatever he would have paid under an ACA gold plan.

I would be shocked to find a annual max over 5K for any congressional health plan. Which makes me think he's going to Canada for a different reason (assuming he has a US health plan at all). Speculate from there.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

what is with this meme of people giving advice to AOC? it’s so bizarre.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Verisimilidude posted:

she's a woman, she's also not white. gotta explain how the real world works to these people.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Verisimilidude posted:

"Excuse me miss please sit quietly and learn from people who know how to lose the house, senate, white house, governerships and statehouses."

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

tangy yet delightful posted:

I would be shocked to find a annual max over 5K for any congressional health plan. Which makes me think he's going to Canada for a different reason (assuming he has a US health plan at all). Speculate from there.

Meeting with his true master, Illuminati Senior Vice President for North America and the Caribbean, Lord Trudeau?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Killer_B posted:

He's kept his promise

I saw a chud arguing with one of my people online the other day, saying that the partisan politics weren't hurting anyone and we should all lay off Trumpenstien. My dude said that he was pissed that James Gunn had gotten axed from Disney because Thernovich had dug up some old tweets and was calling for Gunn's head after Gunn insulted the Orange-ist Daughterfucker.
Chud replied that Gunn's best friend was a convicted child molester, so Gunn probably was too, because birds of whatever. I brought up Trump hanging out with Epstien.

Chud replied with: "Whatever doesn't matter, he's done to much good stuff as president to let little things like that change how I see him. Probaybly fake news!"

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Yes hello, I am both of required age to run for President and own a political textbook.

I think you'll find I'm grossly overqualified and declare a national emergency on the basis of gently caress you, that's why.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
if only trump had ever cracked open a political text book- then we’d have have Steve Bannon. So maybe not. Keep watching the Gorilla Channel, Trump.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

LordSloth posted:

if only trump had ever cracked open a political text book- then we’d have have Steve Bannon. So maybe not. Keep watching the Gorilla Channel, Trump.

thats why i think we should tar and feather that Moran who taught trump about his emergency powers

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/status/1083891186656411648
After a few hours of :hmbol: at this tweet, I had attempted to translate it earlier with the most generous interpretation (nephew in army, heart stopped three times), but revisiting her timeline I realized it was a waste as THIS loving KEEPS DELIVERING!

This is even better than loving doubling down. TRIPLE CHUD DARE YA!

https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/status/1084235473113866240

Yes, all the classified military missions on the southern border with loving mexico.

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 13, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/k_morrissey/status/1084181722642542592

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The thing I don't get about the piss tape is Trump has absolutely no shame and no dignity and if it came out I can't see his behaviour changing one bit, so why would he give a gently caress if it got out. Same with his finances and everyone else, it's not as if he's capable of acknowledging anything he doesn't want to be true so in that respect I'm surprised he even still parses them as issues. Guy's dumb.

He has at least a vestigial bit of shame, at least about sex stuff, or he would've just whipped out his weird little mushroom dick and rubbed it all over Hillary in one of the debates (to the thunderous applause of tens of millions of chuds)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:stonk:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1083727170277724160

quote:

Patterson is now the acting associate commissioner at the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) Office of Strategic and Digital Communications. He has avoided scrutiny despite working in the administration since spring 2017. A notice about his hiring on the SSA's website touted Patterson's "wealth of experience in communications and public engagement," including "as a policy expert, professor and op-ed contributor." 

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Holy gently caress, of course her whole story is bullshit she read online and misremembered.

Bless.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

so its not even her actual nephew.. or ? what? wtf

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The common belief is that social security relies on perpetual population growth to sustain itself (as opposed to just not diverting its funding to tax cuts and forever war) so appointing an anti-condom zealot makes a perverse sort of sense

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

This guy for sure only drinks distilled water and pure grain alcohol

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The stitches on Trumps scalp unravel and his skin falls off revealing a much smaller reptile skull. Trump lets out a startled "hisssssssssss!".

chuds: I'm glad the reptiles are here to stop Shillarys 9/11 Deep State, as an advanced civilization they probably know better than us anyway

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Strong Sauce posted:

Honorary nephew that's like family and figuratively died in a not-quite explosion and not in the place I mentioned. I don't know why you all have so many questions about this :rolleyes:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Strong Sauce posted:

Some rando got run over by a truck, she read about it, and decided to lie to the whole world that it was a cartel attack.

The more she told the story the closer in relation to her he was, and more dramatic the action became.

Next week he'll be her brother who died 3 times in a John Wick shootout in the cartel's main hideout and 2 weeks from now it will be the plot synopsis to Commando and the Schwarzenegger character is her conjoined brother/husband.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I'm sad that "Actual Figurative Thrice-Deceased Nephew" is too long for a username

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/09BRAININJURY/status/1084283802833293312

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
i love my dead ARMY nephew acquaintance(?)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I have like my daughter and my wife following me on twitter. Wtf is my issue

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Knight posted:

Honorary nephew that's like family and figuratively died in a not-quite explosion and not in the place I mentioned. I don't know why you all have so many questions about this :rolleyes:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Some rando got run over by a truck, she read about it, and decided to lie to the whole world that it was a cartel attack.

The more she told the story the closer in relation to her he was, and more dramatic the action became.

Next week he'll be her brother who died 3 times in a John Wick shootout in the cartel's main hideout and 2 weeks from now it will be the plot synopsis to Commando and the Schwarzenegger character is her conjoined brother/husband.

this is so dumb i feel like i've gotten dumber for it.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1083909657729617921

White House suggests furloughed workers do some side jobs like win the lottery...

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
imagine still caring about seb gorka in 2019 lmao

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Code Jockey posted:

imagine still caring about seb gorka in 2019 lmao

the nazi??

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

IT'S ME, TWITTERDOTCOM USER @09BRAININJURY

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1084271821598400512
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1084274236045312000
:shepface:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

TotalLossBrain posted:

IT'S ME, TWITTERDOTCOM USER @09BRAININJURY

Holy poo poo, that's a legit account.

loving :hmbol:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

uh. pretty sure ol Dino was at the humanitarian crisis the other day or they faked it like the moon landing

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

he's always been the caretaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgD-2f-zjs