Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Two shinies but terrible IVs on everything. I’m pretty sure not all the precipitation landing on me was solid, it should have been Rain. Oh well got a shiny Snubbull along with my crocs :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
So I have an issue:

I have a 84 Shiny Shinx I have been walking to evolve.

Just traded with my wife after a raid, and I now have a lucky 92 Shinx.

Which do I evolve?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Duckman2008 posted:

So I have an issue:

Which do I evolve?
both eventually

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I got 1 shiny Totodile. Woop. I'm getting where Community Day isn't worth the effort, especially in winter.

On the upside my friend got an extra Pokeball Plus and gave it to me so I'm having fun hoovering up the stuff that spawns at my house. Is there any way for it to auto catch or do I have to hit the button every time?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
While appraising my totos I accidentally transferred a shiny lmao. Oh well, got 3 others and it would have just sat in my inventory wasting space.

Got a 100% one too.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Pez posted:

I got 1 shiny Totodile. Woop. I'm getting where Community Day isn't worth the effort, especially in winter.

On the upside my friend got an extra Pokeball Plus and gave it to me so I'm having fun hoovering up the stuff that spawns at my house. Is there any way for it to auto catch or do I have to hit the button every time?

You have to hit the button. There is the Gotcha which catches Pokemon automatically but it's not an official product. That said, it uses the same firmware or whatever as the "real" Go Plus so it's unlikely that the Gotcha will be properly banned. Just, like, don't @Nintendo saying "I LOVE USING THIRD PARTY HARDWARE THAT IS BANNED BY THE TERMS OF SERVICE TO PLAY POKEMON GO ALSO I HAVE THE SAME TWITTER HANDLE AND POKEMON GO USERNAME" and you should be fine.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Got a good handful of totodile shines, a deoxys, and gave out some meltan boxes. Kid even caught a shiny Pinsir after we played at the park once we were done with the deoxys raid, along with the tropius from a trade for her and a torkoal for me.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Duckman2008 posted:

So I have an issue:

Which do I evolve?

Shiny. Style's always more important when battling.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Shiny. Style's always more important when battling.

bowmore posted:

both eventually

Both good points. I think I’ll do Shiny first. I’ll probably walk to get enough candy for both.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I got 12 shinies from playing for the full 3 hours, and ended up with a clean sweep of Hydro Cannon Feraligatrs: hundo, nundo, shiny, lucky. Plus two high-level 96% ones for good luck (which will never get used and just take up space).

Really like the change they made to give the extra hour for sorting/evolving after the event is done. Also it’s the first time I’ve not run out of bag space half way through the event and had to start frantically checking/trashing them.

Prepping in advance (clearing 250+ bag space plus having a hundo ready to evolve for the move) really took the “pressure” out of this one for me :)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
i evolved a 93 shiny and a lucky and :effort:

i have enough kyogres this guy isn't essential

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

So I have an issue:

Which do I evolve?

The shiny first, higher IVs.

I was out skiing the entire day, managed to catch three shinies from the gondola, so got one of each evolution, which I'm happy with. The highest CP one is level 30, and around 75%, so I'm fine with that being an actually decent water attacker.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got enough candies to evolve 2 gatrs, a shiny and high IV one.

Despite catching a ton of these little bastards I couldn't find one that was a no brainer evolve for high IV.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Caught hundreds of the little bastards, and saw heaps of people around Canberra playing, which was cool. Wound up with a 93% Gator and a high CP shiny which I’ve just checked and is only 53% with weak attack. She can guard gyms.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
got enough candy to fully evolve a shiny and a normal and i’m done

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I also caught hundreds, not a single shiny, same experience as the Charmander and Squirtle community days.

Only positive from the day was a Shinx raid popping up, so knocked that off my dex, and finally finished Celebi.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

AirRaid posted:

This was my haul, was out for about 2 and a half hours.

Totodiles weren't even the highlight. :toot:

Not pictured: 1 100% non shiny totodile.

Were you in Fremont too?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I hate all of you rn

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I got 5 shinies. My wife got 10 :argh:

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

i got zero shinies, 'cause i don't give a gently caress about totodile

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I got 3 shinies, all pretty crap though. 14 & 15CP are two of them lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
YES!!! I got the Zapdos I needed! :woop:

Now I have at least one of all the legendaries in the current research cycle. I only care about them for the dex entries, so I'm happy.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Got 2 shinies but I was hungover so only out for 1 hour. On the upside, it means I wasn’t cooked in the sun, and one shiny was a 15 attack, 98% so I’m ok with that.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
The weather boost system seems totally bonkers now. It seems to have no effect on spawns whatsoever. It’s been snowing and windy for the past few days and outside of the occasional abra spawns all I see are bugs, poison, and grass. The weather stuff wasn’t perfect before but having the biome completely dominate all spawns is worse.

edit: I guess I’m mad because I’ve had that catch 10 ice Pokémon for about a week now and I thought I’d finally get some in the last two days but nope

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I've seen more Snovers on sunny days than on snowy days.

Weirdly enough I saw a ton of Bronzors yesterday while it was snowing, but no Snovers.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
I also got my first shiny Murkrow :allears:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, no snowy castforms here during all the snow. gently caress

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It hasn't gone below 90 of your weird degrees here in weeks but there have been Snovers a plenty. There was a day two weeks ago where the temperature was 105 and the UV index was at "seek a fallout shelter" and I caught a Snover near the beach.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 13, 2019

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

NTRabbit posted:

It hasn't gone below 90 of your weird degrees here in weeks but there have been Snovers a plenty. There was a day two weeks ago where the temperature was 105 and the UV index was at "seek a fallout shelter" and I caught a Snover near the beach.

I'll trade you places, please let me live in your area because I like that weather

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

NTRabbit posted:

This gave me the giggles, particularly the UV index.

I was going through my old Pokemon when

Whomp-whomp.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I have 22 Shiny Feraligatrs and a Nidoran.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
So question, it was the first community day I've been able to participate in. Do people usually trade for shiny community day pokes if they have the special move?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

So question, it was the first community day I've been able to participate in. Do people usually trade for shiny community day pokes if they have the special move?

Probably not for this one, it's pretty garbage. Metagross with Meteor Mash or Tyranitar with Smack Down? Absolutely.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I made sure to evolve as much as I could because I have a few friends who couldn't play.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Tough choice though because some people want the special move and some people want the dex entries for the entire evo line. I feel like the unevolved form is more valuable since if they do another community day then the move will be guaranteed whereas the the shiny Totodile will be competing with all the other spawns. That’s assuming a lot about Niantic’s future plans, of course.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I caught a shiny Nidoran today and it looks exactly like the male Nidoran haha. But it's not!

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I'm not sure if I should feel dirty or if I should feel sorry for the jerk who spent over an hour trying to kick out my CP 2455 Blissey. In my defense, my Bronzong was barely in the gym when it got attacked and the only other person in was there for less than two hours. I try golden razz to keep everyone in but we eventually get kicked out. I then see three low level 30 people go in who's names I don't recognize from the local discord group. Since I was still physically at the gym, I kicked them out without much fuss and put my Blissey in. Almost immediately it gets attacked but I don't see anyone around so I figure it may be a spoofer which would be odd if it were those level 30 guys. Anyways, I stretch out my golden razz usage to keep my Blissey in. This goes on for almost 10 minutes at which point I decide to go to another group of gyms in the hopes of finding some that I can drop my 'mons off to get tomorrow's coin allotment. I manage to find two and then called it a night. All the while I fought to keep my Blissey in as I have over 200 golden razzes that I can burn and the jerk needs to be taught that they can't go around kicking people out of gyms who barely have much time in the gym not expect reprisal. Plus, I was already home and it was trivial to keep an eye on my Blissey at that point.

Now I feel sorry for the poor sap because it looks like they were struggling against that one Blissey. Mind you it's only CP 2455 with Zen Headbutt and Hyper Beam but it got 7 battle victories and it took some time for them to beat it only for me to power it back up. It took so long that that by the time I hit the 10 berry limit it was already half an hour and I could berry them again. After 20 golden razzes and 1 hour 10 minutes, I think they finally gave up. Now I feel both dirty and pity.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

BGrifter posted:

Probably not for this one, it's pretty garbage. Metagross with Meteor Mash or Tyranitar with Smack Down? Absolutely.

Garbage? Hydro Cannon Feraligatr is now the top water attacker that isn't Kyogre, beating out Gyarados. It's not as game changing as those two, but it's not like the other Johto starters.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

slave to my cravings posted:

The weather boost system seems totally bonkers now. It seems to have no effect on spawns whatsoever. It’s been snowing and windy for the past few days and outside of the occasional abra spawns all I see are bugs, poison, and grass. The weather stuff wasn’t perfect before but having the biome completely dominate all spawns is worse.

edit: I guess I’m mad because I’ve had that catch 10 ice Pokémon for about a week now and I thought I’d finally get some in the last two days but nope

I think it would be cool if atypical weather had a larger effect on spawns. Like if the place is always sunny then sunny weather would have a lower effect on spawn rates, but if there is suddenly a rainy day then there would be more water type pokemon. Of course that would mean tracking the "typical" weather everywhere around the world, which would probably be too heavy to do.

But it would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
are the new babies still in 7ks?

can confirm scorpions in 10k.