Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I was still iffy on whether or not I was gonna be into their RE7-infused reimagining but when the fade out on the demo happened I preordered the extra costume expensive version. It's probably gonna be myGOTY
Do you agree that it seems like Capcom actually learned a lot since RE7? Because it certainly feels like they have with RE2make to me, I've been salivating for more of that game ever since my 30 minutes ran out, even after watching that same gameplay footage over and over again of the same section for months now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The problem with alternate costumes in Resident Evil games is that there are too many good ones sometimes. You feel like you're wasting them if you're not constantly switching through them during a play session.

Urban Ninja.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Relax Or DIE posted:

The RE2 demo is pretty drat good

In Training posted:

It's soooooooooooooo sick

I haven't got to play it yet bcuz I've been traveling and I'm throwing a huge hissy fit :saddowns:

beware oblivion Bitcoin is at hand

https://captainaltcoin.com/john-mcafee-modifies-his-genitalia-related-bet-about-bitcoin-reaching-1-million-by-2020/

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's cool that Capcom have mostly turned it around and are good again.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Here's a beautiful Darkest Dungeon failure (final boss spoiler if you somehow care and haven't played it after 3 years)

I gotta play that game again even if its a black hole for my time. Its too much fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Arent we approximately 2-3 years out now from that shareholder meeting where they future business strategy change was "make good games"? Because turns out that worked.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I already loved mahjong and ff14, but somehow them adding mahjong to ff14 and dangling in front of my face an incredibly minor reward for being good at mahjong, has completely enhanced and renewed my love of both of those games lmao.

mahjong is just a loving fascinating and exciting game to me, and I want the whole world to play it. a hanchan is almost an hour long and my heart is beating out of my chest the entire time, hold my breath with every discard, every cut is a life and death decision, but with a little hindsight and a little foresight cut by cut you slowly turn your little pile of chaos into an orderly 14 tiles and score that poo poo and no matter what you got big or small its the most thrilling moment you can find in a game, video or otherwise

mahjong!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Street fighter 6 will probably out in the next 2 years and will be trash garbage

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I already loved mahjong and ff14, but somehow them adding mahjong to ff14 and dangling in front of my face an incredibly minor reward for being good at mahjong, has completely enhanced and renewed my love of both of those games lmao.

mahjong is just a loving fascinating and exciting game to me, and I want the whole world to play it. a hanchan is almost an hour long and my heart is beating out of my chest the entire time, hold my breath with every discard, every cut is a life and death decision, but with a little hindsight and a little foresight cut by cut you slowly turn your little pile of chaos into an orderly 14 tiles and score that poo poo and no matter what you got big or small its the most thrilling moment you can find in a game, video or otherwise

mahjong!!!

The catgirls love mah dong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Do you agree that it seems like Capcom actually learned a lot since RE7? Because it certainly feels like they have with RE2make to me, I've been salivating for more of that game ever since my 30 minutes ran out, even after watching that same gameplay footage over and over again of the same section for months now.

I do but I also can't tell how much of that is being able to ape original RE2's level design. But they've also managed to make the extremely dense and claustrophobic early segments echo and reinvigorate RPD without (or because they don't) copying it exactly. And the way zombies work alone is like 1000x better than RE7's noodle monsters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE7 in retrospect feels like a tech demo or something. Even though I enjoyed it, RE2 REmake already feels like a way more substantial space than anything that existed in 7

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I got spooked by a zombie in 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It turns out my VC4 problems were solved by never playing while tired. Not because I stop feeling the need to get A ranks at that point, but because A ranks are easy when I'm well rested.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Really Pants posted:

how did Papyrus fuse with Mettaton

Determination, presumably

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Street fighter 6 will probably out in the next 2 years and will be trash garbage

I genuinely think SF6 might be a return to form because no way is it gonna be Sony exclusive in a Switch world and their non-SF fighters have done very poorly as of late.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think anyone at Capcom knows how to make a FG and they should just stop trying

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I do but I also can't tell how much of that is being able to ape original RE2's level design. But they've also managed to make the extremely dense and claustrophobic early segments echo and reinvigorate RPD without (or because they don't) copying it exactly. And the way zombies work alone is like 1000x better than RE7's noodle monsters.
I like how the zombies actually will follow you into rooms now, whereas Molded just could not defeat a door.

Stuff like the zombie banging on the vending machine is fun too in a way the Molded just never could be.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I like how the zombies actually will follow you into rooms now, whereas Molded just could not defeat a door.

Stuff like the zombie banging on the vending machine is fun too in a way the Molded just never could be.

Yeah the guy hanging out at the vending machine is one example of many that I saw that made RE2 feel alive in a way that RE7 rarely did. Which is largely because RE7 was about a space 4 people ever used, and RE2 is about a public space, but while RE7 had details there's so much in 2 that feels like living leftovers rather than like. World Building Details. Like all the medical supplies in the lobby, and the different outfits every zombie has to give you the tiniest glimpse into their final moments. God if they keep that up for a whole game and have a bunch of goofy post game modes...it will be legendary.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Raxivace posted:

that guy starting moving around and moaning again after he fell over so i had to shoot him in the rear end

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I agree that the space is so much better and if they can keep that level of atmosphere up for the entire game it'll be killer, though vending machine guy maybe trends a bit towards lazy fat joke.

In Training posted:

goofy post game modes

I'll go to bat until the end of time for the idea that survival horror should always have fun extra modes, endings, and bonus items not only because they rule but because the catharsis of taking the tension/horror out of them with some dumb bullshit on additional playthroughs can be almost as good as the first one.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tofu is still in RE2make so there's at least that to look forward to.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

magical girl heather mason blasting dick monsters with her sexy beam

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Oh wow yeah that is a fashion disaster.

It's like she fell into a clothes hamper and got dressed while blindfolded.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh wow yeah that is a fashion disaster.

It's like she fell into a clothes hamper and got dressed while blindfolded.

Capcom is in general not good at clothing design, I think.

Excluding DMC4 Lady.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon tonight.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
This is what the Castlevania Lords of Shadow devs have been busy with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd4zna_WXdE

Why is this promo trailer animated like one of those gmod videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_6__rqVR0c

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also has a cool rear end trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRT_tRSTqJY

Space lord mother fuckerrr

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I played a couple rounds of that, had no idea what was going on beyond shoot mans, lost the end of mission rolls which were also poorly explained so got nothing, and haven't played it again. Apparently little has been added or changed since then I guess.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The RE2 demo was cool but probably not 60bux cool for me. Looks pretty great on PC though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I bust out of jail in Eternal Sonata and met up with the plucky rebel alliance. We're just a ragtag bunch of underdogs but we're gonna save the kingdom, dagnabbit!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gently caress that. Deploy guilllotines. Monarchies are not worth saving

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

mahjong!!!

You probably have one already but if you make an account on tenhou you can play mahjong online with Japanese people! Climb the ladder to rating 1800 and play in the elite lobby!!! The site/UI are all in Japanese but you figure it out pretty quick. There's also a mobile app which uses like 0 data so I used to play online matches on my phone during my very long commute to work

my tenhou id is top secret (I'm bad and I also haven't played in like a year)

e: i guess it makes more sense to just play the FF14 version though

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The shotgun in RE2 is so loving good. That demo was fantastic and I'm hyped for the full version.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

gently caress that. Deploy guilllotines. Monarchies are not worth saving

Good news then, the monarchy in question is all part of a world that is the dying dream of Chopin

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chopin de heads off the Monarchy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do Chopins dream of anime sheep

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Do Chopins dream of anime titties

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So I'm reading this third book in the Fat Cat Mystery series and I'm still early in but they just found the body of the victim of this book and my god the main character is doing such a massively lovely job of not implicating her friend in the murder. The murder weapon is her friend's scarf but she knows that the victim took the scarf during a class reunion and that the friend couldn't be the killer because she has multiple alibis but instead of bringing these up she's just like "well she had a bad history with the victim, and they were just... talking and arguing at the party, and that is her scarf"

I'm glad at the very least that they noted how Quincy the cat just keeps fuckin stumblin across corpses, with this time being him chasing after some peanuts in the pockets of the victim. This whole bit has been causing the main character a ton of stress because she isn't sure whether to even tell her friend that the murder weapon was her friend's scarf, and then the main character started worrying about other things like how her new veterinarian boyfriend had to cancel going with her to the reunion because of a mandatory veterinarian convention happening out of state that same day, and how the person who stood her up at prom was at the reunion and apologized to her and gave her his number so now she's wondering how to handle maybe flirting with this guy and maybe flirting with the detective who always comes across as very handsome and also very sick of the main character's poo poo or should she stay faithful to the man she's currently dating

....Also there is a lot of hubbub about the BATTER BATTLE which is gonna be happening and is also obviously more important than stumbling across a 3rd body over the course of like a year and just kinda going "ah gee that really sucks" and then going back to thinking about how to win the local county baking contest

Goals

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I am a modern day Chopin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I am a modern day Chopin

Is something awful your dying dream?