Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
you dont get banned for going afk. you get timers before you are allowed to queue if it happens alot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Pls list out the discord etiquette. Every goon discord is like a mirror mirror universe of the thread it spawned from, but it is difficult to articulate. On average how long does it take to get a duo going?

I feel that sitting in an empty voice chat channel is an invitation for me to just roll in and say "My dude, I am a Bronze 2 Tryndamere One Trick. Are you ready to go on a magical journey?!"

Would that spook folks?

Just ask in the main chat channel if anyone wants to play

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:thunk:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

KirbyKhan posted:

Pls list out the discord etiquette. Every goon discord is like a mirror mirror universe of the thread it spawned from, but it is difficult to articulate. On average how long does it take to get a duo going?

I feel that sitting in an empty voice chat channel is an invitation for me to just roll in and say "My dude, I am a Bronze 2 Tryndamere One Trick. Are you ready to go on a magical journey?!"

Would that spook folks?

-Don't be Methanar
-Don't be weird
-Don't be afraid to use your voice, we all have funny voices

Couldn't tell you about duos, it generally is normal draft games of 5 though

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Methanar is a very nice person, people should be nicer to him.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

I always take that to mean they invaded and got a kill

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Didnt meth pretended that someone was harassing them for the longest time

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

101 posted:

I always take that to mean they invaded and got a kill

You’re only allowed one support item

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

kingcobweb posted:

You’re only allowed one support item

Oh yeah. Guess that shows how little support I play

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

how do you nasus jungle? I don't see how you can gank.

wither is a pretty good ganking tool. but you get lots of stacks in the jungle, and that is how you play, nasus jungle. similar to master yi your team mates will hate you just for picking it

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Besides getting to level 5 honor faster than any of my friends have by playing Braum, Sylas will get nerfed right?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

wither is super loving dumb

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

wither is a pretty good ganking tool. but you get lots of stacks in the jungle, and that is how you play, nasus jungle. similar to master yi your team mates will hate you just for picking it

at least nasus can build tank and provide some utility in team fights.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

d0grent posted:

at least nasus can build tank and provide some utility in team fights.

with the "twin shadow" and "iceborn gauntlet" items, so can master yi. nasus jungle is still probably better because they both have strong objective control but nasus is not as hard leaning into dps, but it is absolutely a greedy jungle pick and you should prepare yourself for a team that does not respond well to that sort of thing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yi is actually good in the jungle, though.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Yi is actually good in the jungle, though.

yes but in a theoretical battle between nasus and master yi for utility, even with useless utility items nasus has more utility. master yi is not a utility jungler in any capacity.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lazy edit but good game. this is what happens when your team actually listens to your calls

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Was the call “ten yellow trinkets”

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
heheh

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Was the call “ten yellow trinkets”

there is no need to sweep wards if the enemies die before they can place them. wisdom.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im the 0/7 grasp janna

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

If I had to choose between having Master Yi jungle or Nasus I would probably dodge but if I was in promos I would prefer having Yi. True Nasus can be useful even if he is behind but so can Yi, Yi even if he is behind with red smite can 1v1/splitpush most solo laners. Nasus behind on the other hand is just a w bot and meatshield. Also I use to see a lot of Nasus in lower elo but I haven't seen him in high plat/low dia. Yi you still see from time to time.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Both a Yi and Nasus jungle would eventually drift into the role of split pushing towers down while your team 4vs4's or 5vs4's, both would melt towers quickly and would demand an answer from the other team, it would mostly come down to if the enemy team comp is too slow to chase off nasus or if they would be fast enough to quickly catch you 1vs5 in a situation yi would easily escape.

Nasus R melts baron, but so does a Yi with guinsoo and bork, nasus seems a bit on the slow side to gank any lane that he can't come up behind the guy but if he does he has the slow to secure against anyone who can't break it or blink.

Nasus is slow and easily kited/blown up by ranged, yi is faster and is deceptively hard to kill if alpha strike and meditation are timed correctly and can become impossible to peel off squishies, both of their effectiveness boils down to what the enemy team comp brings and whether they can lock him down in 5vs5's or have someone who can outduel them under tower.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KirbyKhan posted:

Would that spook folks?
There were/are very few goons that would turn down the magical journey into low elo, anyone that ends up doing it either has a bad attitude or you've got a bad attitude. Tho things have slown down a ton since I see maybe one goon online a week when I log on. Just ask!

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/iC2sg4i.mp4

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

secret nasus jungle strat: getting invaded by the camille who beat you to buff+crab and already got a double kill bot

its really not that bad but lol@it being a good meta pick, it has dogshit wr% but even diamond/challenger players go brainlet mode and let him farm, so it can work

Jerry Steinfeld fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 13, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I hate a fed yi.

It's the worst.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i would pick a nasus jungle over a yi jungle 100/100 times because the nasus jungler is less likely to be brain broken

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
wither is really good and you get Q stacks really fast after the buff, it's just obviously a good pick right now.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How do you build Xin Zhao for late game? I've been typically starting jungle item. If I'm ahead I'll go for triforce, otherwise I'll go for Sterak's and then depending on the scenario into black cleaver / or comp dependent defensive item. I was looking at /r/ summoner school and some people were talking about building out titanic hydra (with an early tiamat purchase) and some other more aggressive choices, but by the time I am at 3 items and up, I kind of feel like I'm better off building armor/MR and just helping carries secure kills.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Erdricks posted:

How do you build Xin Zhao for late game? I've been typically starting jungle item. If I'm ahead I'll go for triforce, otherwise I'll go for Sterak's and then depending on the scenario into black cleaver / or comp dependent defensive item. I was looking at /r/ summoner school and some people were talking about building out titanic hydra (with an early tiamat purchase) and some other more aggressive choices, but by the time I am at 3 items and up, I kind of feel like I'm better off building armor/MR and just helping carries secure kills.

Tiamat is a complete waste of money unless it significantly improves your clear (i.e. junglers that mostly do really good single target with minor cleave at best like Kha'zix, Warwick, Trundle, Lee Sin, Shaco, Camille)

Xin doesn't need it at all. Go Warrior->Triforce/Steraks->Guardian Angel

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Is rammus any good right now?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I believe Rammus has always been good and will likely always be good (especially if you're in a low enough elo where you'll routinely get full AD comps) but no one picks him because he suffers from a complete lack of ability to make BIG PLAYS. Some people call that "boring."

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rammus is good but more importantly Rammus is hilarious if you get to late game and get to kill everyone just by owning a Thornmail and watching them die to their own autos.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

Tiamat is a complete waste of money unless it significantly improves your clear (i.e. junglers that mostly do really good single target with minor cleave at best like Kha'zix, Warwick, Trundle, Lee Sin, Shaco, Camille)

Xin doesn't need it at all. Go Warrior->Triforce/Steraks->Guardian Angel

Yeah, Warrior -> Tri -> Sterak's -> GA is pretty standard. You want to get just enough survivability and damage past midgame that you can flank and either kill their backline or force their entire team to turn on you and burn through Sterak's + GA while the rest of your team cleans house. Xin's power starts cratering by the time the enemy carries get 3-4 items as it is, and nothing you build can really overcome that.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Is rammus any good right now?

Rammus is a pretty evergreen champ but I will 99% of the time instantly lock in Trundle if I see one and absolutely eat him alive in every single engage he participates in. He seems pretty rare though in the past few months, I've seen maybe two or three.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
trundle is garbage why would you play trundle. hes one of the worst champions in the game. lol alytics has rammus as a counter TO trundle

rammus is good but not a meta champion but picking him is him decent because he clears and ganks well. he can snowball pretty hard up to a point where champions like yi and yasuo can actually outscale him with their kits.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I know people think about how scary like a ten kill Zed or LB is but I’ve seen a 12 kill full tank Rammus and it was the scariest thing possible in League

Not only could we not kill him 1v5, I think that if he had been 1v10 he would have just killed us faster

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Slaapaav posted:

trundle is garbage why would you play trundle. hes one of the worst champions in the game. lol alytics has rammus as a counter TO trundle

rammus is good but not a meta champion but picking him is him decent because he clears and ganks well. he can snowball pretty hard up to a point where champions like yi and yasuo can actually outscale him with their kits.

I legitimately do not understand your currently hate-on for Trundle, Trundle is actually pretty drat good right now by pretty much any metric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Monathin posted:

I legitimately do not understand your currently hate-on for Trundle, Trundle is actually pretty drat good right now by pretty much any metric

So good that op.gg can't even quantify how good he is statistically.