Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

That game made me really confused and frustrated as a kid when I was meanwhile totally ok with stuff like Gex 3 and Glover. What a piece of poo poo
The Gex games are bad but they're not confusing or hard to figure out. They just suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Glover for the n64

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

cmon gex 1 is fine

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It absolutely is not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It absolutely is not.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gex 3 was the first game i hated that i had bought with my own money. with the little cash i had there were two games at toys r us i could afford: that, or harvest moon 64. i made the wrong decision and i regret it to this day

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

GameCube posted:

gex 3 was the first game i hated that i had bought with my own money. with the little cash i had there were two games at toys r us i could afford: that, or harvest moon 64. i made the wrong decision and i regret it to this day

Jesus...

I remember harvest moon was insanely rare where I lived. It was never really sold in stores

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most hated game I ever spent 60 dollars on was Metroid Other M. But I should have known better.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
The first game I wished I'd pirated to "try before you buy" was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Caithness posted:

The first game I wished I'd pirated to "try before you buy" was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

What was your beef with it?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Caithness posted:

That game is good. Now fly away before I throw a pike clean through your dome. 30 seconds.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

my morning jackass posted:

What was your beef with it?

I guess I just expected it to be a lot more like the Playstation FFT. I wasn't a fan of the Judges' rules or the way you learned new abilities. I should probably give it another try though.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
awww whats wrong, snowball fight too hard for you?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fartlancer posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Milkman posted:

there are two works of media that really actually make me angry just thinking about them. one is max payne 3 and the other is the mummy movie from the 90s.

bruh the brendan frasier movies owned

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fartlancer posted:

I love FFTA but redoing that loving tutorial whenever I try to play it again is a pain in the rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fartlancer posted:

Lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dad worked at a Blockbuster Video and would always bring home games that they simply had too many copies of, sometimes they just overstocked, but sometimes they were just the worst games ever. Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Video Game was probably the first time I was exposed to a game i didn't want to play not because i was too young to understand it, but because everything about it sucked.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I was normally careful as a kid and read reviews and stuff, but for some reason I became convinced I needed Men in Black: The Game for PC.

It was not good.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

X-Com: Apocalypse was a huge, huge let down for me.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

P-Mack posted:

X-Com: Apocalypse was a huge, huge let down for me.

Yeah and Ultima 9

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Dad worked at a Blockbuster Video and would always bring home games that they simply had too many copies of, sometimes they just overstocked, but sometimes they were just the worst games ever. Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Video Game was probably the first time I was exposed to a game i didn't want to play not because i was too young to understand it, but because everything about it sucked.

Man this game was rear end but I played the poo poo out of it because it was Star Trek and I’m a turbo nerd. Star fleet Academy was real good at least

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I got my parents to rent me Mad Max on the NES. Holy poo poo that game was miserable.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is that the weird open world driving thing? It seemed like a cool idea if a competent person had made it instead.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That's the one, it's basically 8 bit Grand Theft Auto. Only not half as good as that sounds.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
"rear end!" - AVGN

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

oh man I just remembered Enter The Matrix for the PC. it was uniformally terrible - and despite that i bought it because i was hyped beyond belief for the second Matrix movie and wanted to get that _exclusive footage_ that didn't wind up in the movie

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

oh man I just remembered Enter The Matrix for the PC. it was uniformally terrible - and despite that i bought it because i was hyped beyond belief for the second Matrix movie and wanted to get that _exclusive footage_ that didn't wind up in the movie

it cool how much you got owned by everything mentioned in this post

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

it cool how much you got owned by everything mentioned in this post
Your post kind if implies that the 2nd Matrix movie wasn't very good but it was in fact epic so at least he had that going for him.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Enter the Matrix was fun

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Your post kind if implies that the 2nd Matrix movie wasn't very good but it was in fact epic so at least he had that going for him.

your insane

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Enter the Matrix was ok. Path of Neo was completely deranged and it was fascinating. When you get to the final boss, 8 bit Wachowski siblings appear and explain that video games are dumb as poo poo so they changed the ending and then you fight a giant Voltron Smith made of hundreds of Smiths

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Enter the Matrix was ok. Path of Neo was completely deranged and it was fascinating. When you get to the final boss, 8 bit Wachowski siblings appear and explain that video games are dumb as poo poo so they changed the ending and then you fight a giant Voltron Smith made of hundreds of Smiths

100% forgot this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I never made it that far, my friends and I got hooked on the fighting game mode with anthropomorphic cars

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Stunt Race FX.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rocket ranger on the nes is so loving bad and I tried to play it for years because it was one of four games I had and theres only so much time you can spend on duck hunt

Worst part is that nobodys even heard of it so I can't even share a laugh about how bad it is its just this tragic thing haunting my past

Paperboy
Nov 20, 2018

:shepface:
I remember hating Timesplitters 2 as a kid but according to the internet that game is really loving good. Not sure why I hated it then, haven't played it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Max Payne 3 was a fun game