Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Before the punch they were doing Ronda/Becky at Survivor Series. I doubt it would have been Wrestlemania too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Before the punch they were doing Ronda/Becky at Survivor Series. I doubt it would have been Wrestlemania too.

Yeah, but Becky wasn't even on the radar for the Mania main until the Charlotte and Ronda feuds caught fire. Plus main eventing SurSer is different than probably being the semi-main at the Februrary or March show. (remember they're doing two shows between RR and WM this year, because gently caress building Mania up with a longer build to add to it's stature)

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Don't mania triple threat main events have a pretty good track record?

Thinking if wm20 and wm30. I know there was another one with cena but wasn't watching at the time.

I do know wm2000 main sucked though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trust me, I get the logic of wanting a singles match, especially given that a lot of matches, women's matches in particular, at Mania the last few years have had the air of desperately throwing as many women in as possible (hiiiii WM33) but, I think you guys need to just kinda face facts and admit Charlotte is the best worker of these three women by a pretty big margin and her being in the match will make it a lot better.

Also Charlotte murdering Ronda was like one of the only things WWE did last year with any real heat behind it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Charlotte kicks rear end

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think my point got kind of missed. I'm not mad that Charlotte will be in the WM match. I'm mad that they're having the one combination that hasn't been done yet done before Mania. They could NOT do it and preserve the freshness of Ronda and Becky in the same ring and still have Charlotte involved. Hell, even have it in the build where she talks about having beaten them both.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm curious where that leaves the Smackdown Women's Title though. Assuming Asuka is still champion, she'll need someone to face. And the only real names who spring to mind are Nikki Cross (if she's on Smackdown, which seems really likely since she's been working the house show circuit with them), Sonya Deville, and potentially Mandy Rose (if the rumors of Vince being super high on her are true).

I mean I see Asuka retaining, because I think Ronda will probably stick around after Wrestlemania but jump ship to Smackdown. And that's another match that WWE will want to run. Asuka vs Ronda Rousey. Which I could see being done at Summerslam, assuming they aren't doing the 4HW vs 4HW stuff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

I think my point got kind of missed. I'm not mad that Charlotte will be in the WM match. I'm mad that they're having the one combination that hasn't been done yet done before Mania. They could NOT do it and preserve the freshness of Ronda and Becky in the same ring and still have Charlotte involved. Hell, even have it in the build where she talks about having beaten them both.

Yeeeeeeah. If they think Ronda's splittin' to go have kids relatively soon, I kinda get it? But she can't wait until, like, MitB or SummerSlam to have the singles match with Becky?

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm curious where that leaves the Smackdown Women's Title though. Assuming Asuka is still champion, she'll need someone to face. And the only real names who spring to mind are Nikki Cross (if she's on Smackdown, which seems really likely since she's been working the house show circuit with them), Sonya Deville, and potentially Mandy Rose (if the rumors of Vince being super high on her are true).

I mean I see Asuka retaining, because I think Ronda will probably stick around after Wrestlemania but jump ship to Smackdown. And that's another match that WWE will want to run. Asuka vs Ronda Rousey. Which I could see being done at Summerslam, assuming they aren't doing the 4HW vs 4HW stuff.

Winner of the Naomi/Mandy Rose feud, I imagine.

So uh.

Mandy Rose.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Asuka-Nikki Cross would loving own

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

Bryan reported today on WOL that the current plans for Wrestlemania is Charlotte vs Ronda vs Becky.

And that in the leadup, we will get a Becky vs Ronda singles match before Wrestlemania.

Obviously plans subject to change, but I have a bad feeling about Asuka's title reign at the Royal Rumble if that's the case.

I don't believe that.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Asuka-Nikki Cross would loving own

their Last Woman Standing match was exceptional and I can’t wait to see them in the ring together again

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s WWE, so the planning isn’t about making the Mania match as big as possible, it’s about making sure Charlotte’s involvement at Mania is resented.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Bryan reported today on WOL that the current plans for Wrestlemania is Charlotte vs Ronda vs Becky.

And that in the leadup, we will get a Becky vs Ronda singles match before Wrestlemania.

Obviously plans subject to change, but I have a bad feeling about Asuka's title reign at the Royal Rumble if that's the case.

Asuka was a means to getting the belt off Becky & back onto Charlotte.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

oldskool posted:

Asuka was a means to getting the belt off Becky & back onto Charlotte.

If the triple threat match takes place at Wrestlemania like what Bryan is claiming, then neither Charlotte or Becky should be champion heading into it. And I imagine after that, they'll probably start moving the pieces into place for a 4HW vs 4HW feud. Trade Ember and possibly someone else over to Smackdown in exchange for Charlotte and Becky.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

DarkstarIV posted:

If the triple threat match takes place at Wrestlemania like what Bryan is claiming, then neither Charlotte or Becky should be champion heading into it. And I imagine after that, they'll probably start moving the pieces into place for a 4HW vs 4HW feud. Trade Ember and possibly someone else over to Smackdown in exchange for Charlotte and Becky.

Charlotte and Ronda should be champion going in and Becky can win both belts at once.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Accident Underwater posted:

Charlotte and Ronda should be champion going in and Becky can win both belts at once.

:hmmyes:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

I'm cool with Amanda Nunes and Becky Lynch being two belt champions.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

and whenever Becky's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "where's Becky?"

(I agree)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm cool with Amanda Nunes and Becky Lynch being two belt champions.

Gonna be hilarious when WWE or AEW sign Cyborg and Nunes can brag about chasing the two 'baddest women' out of MMA to prograps.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Becky loses to Asuka and steals a Rumble spot. They Luger/Bret the Women's Rumble and her and Charlotte challenge Ronda.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

Gonna be hilarious when WWE or AEW sign Cyborg and Nunes can brag about chasing the two 'baddest women' out of MMA to prograps.

Can Nunes beat herself up so bad she goes running to wrestling because I really wanna see Amanda Nunes wrestling.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

KungFu Grip posted:

Becky loses to Asuka and steals a Rumble spot. They Luger/Bret the Women's Rumble and her and Charlotte challenge Ronda.

Pretty easy stuff, wonder how they’ll ruin it

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

KungFu Grip posted:

No, they should Cena/Batista it and then Vince can come out and tear his quads

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH TV taping, Juice has a stable now

Lifeblood

Juice, Tenille Dashwood, Bandido, Mark Haskins, Tracy Williams, David Finlay

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Why is he dressed like that

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Basic Chunnel posted:

Which one

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's a PUA stable. He's peacocking.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Juice in ROH is the US Angry Kirby cover compared to his New Japan look

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I like that new stable, I'm sure ROH has this planned well-

quote:

Ring of Honor TV taping
Atlanta, Georgia at Center Stage
Results courtesy of PWInsider.com

1. ROH Tag Team Champions The Briscoes defeated Colt Cabana and Chuckie T. Trent Barreta missed the taping due to a family emergency.

2. Tracy Williams defeated David Finlay.

3. Bandido pinned Mark Haskins.

4. Silas Young pinned Eli Isom to earn a future ROH TV Title shot.

5. Marty Scurll, Brody King, and PCO defeated Corey Hollis, John Skyler, and Josey Quinn.

6. Kelly Klein pinned Rochelle Vaughn to retain the Women of Honor Championship.

7. Nick Aldis pinned PJ Black to retain the NWA Championship.

Juice Robinson announced his new Lifeblood stable with Bandido, Mark Haskins, David Finlay, Tracy Williams and Tenille Dashwood.

8. Shane Taylor beat Luchasaurus, Kenny King, Rhett Titus, Flip Gordon, and Chris Sabin.

9. Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas won a squash match.

10. Cheeseburger, Eli Isom, and Ryan Nova defeated Griff Garrison, Marcus Kross, and Slim J.

11. Madison Rayne defeated Jenny Rose and Sumie Sakai.

12. Juice Robinson, Mark Haskins, Bandido, David Finlay, and Tracy Williams defeated Jay Lethal, Jeff Cobb, Jonathan Gresham, Dalton Castle, and Flip Gordon.

Well, okay then.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they got together after realizing how much respect they have for each other after their match duh

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Maybe it was a swerve.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
why does the guy have a shirt with a orange wolf named BRUCE on it

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It says Sauce cause that's Hot Sauce Tracy Williams, and it looks like that cause of shirts from the schlocky Japanese horror movie House. I think it's a big evil cat.

RHX
Oct 20, 2005
Quick spoiler from NXT UK - Devlin/Banks just went to a countout draw in what was shaping up to be a real MOTYC.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
WALTER also caved this guy's poor chest
https://twitter.com/AlMac_talkSPORT/status/1084534435842834433

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...Why the gently caress can they book right in NXT UK by giving WALTER a twerp to murder in 2 minutes in his debut, but Keith Lee and Matt Riddle have to have 8 minute matches where the jobber takes 70% of the match for theirs?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They employ those jobbers that Keith and Riddle face. (Keith is basically a jobber)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Small notes/spoilers for Smackdown tonight (courtesy of Fightful):

- The NXT callups are backstage tonight

- Smackdown will open with a promo (no idea of who is cutting the promo, or what its about)

- Becky Lynch will be in action against a member of the IIconics.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

DarkstarIV posted:

Small notes/spoilers for Smackdown tonight (courtesy of Fightful):

- The NXT callups are backstage tonight

- Smackdown will open with a promo (no idea of who is cutting the promo, or what its about)

- Becky Lynch will be in action against a member of the IIconics.

its wednesday. edit nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Is it true Lars Sullivan apparently had a panic attack backstage at Raw last week?