Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I had one Logitech mouse develop double-clicking in the LMB after a couple years of use and it was replaced by Logitech CS with a newer model (which I still use to this day.) I haven't had any issues with any other Logitech products and I use the G703 as my main gaming mouse on my desktop, again with flawless operation. I can understand needing more side buttons, however; in that case something like the G602 might be an option.

I wouldn't put much emphasis on all of the user complaints about double-clicking in various mice; you're literally only going to hear the complaints and none of the testimonials of people whose products work as expected. Nobody, ever, is going to write in a review, "my mouse isn't double-clicking when I press the buttons once!" and then provide regular, periodic updates letting you know that the mouse continues to work as advertised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Rabid Snake posted:

The Logitech G Pro Wireless rules. I just wish it was a tad bit bigger for my large hands but I can deal with it.

They realllllly need to make a bigger version of it imo. It’s way too small for my hands but seems great otherwise :( I want the mouse equivalent of the giant phone craze so I can finally use a mouse palm grip just to see what it’s like.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

What's your hand size? Mine's what seems like a typical 100x200 mm and I can make pretty much any mouse size work, just by adapting the grip. :shrug:

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

tildes posted:

They realllllly need to make a bigger version of it imo. It’s way too small for my hands but seems great otherwise :( I want the mouse equivalent of the giant phone craze so I can finally use a mouse palm grip just to see what it’s like.

Try the G603 sometime, it is rather large.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I need a monster mouse for my magnum hands

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

hawowanlawow posted:

New thread title please.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Got a zowie s-2 for Christmas after deciding that the Nixeus Revel fit would be my endgame. What pisses me off is that the s-2 is drat good... Well guess I gotta keep buying mice now.

Also just put in 2 support tickets for Logitech as both G403 wireless mice I bought during black Friday 2017 are experiencing scroll wheel issues after applying the firmware fix. One was a gift and the giftee almost threw it away from frustration.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Atomizer posted:

What's your hand size? Mine's what seems like a typical 100x200 mm and I can make pretty much any mouse size work, just by adapting the grip. :shrug:

Not sure! I usually have to get XL/XXL gloves. Most mice do work with claw grip, the G Pro is just a little bit too small for that to be very comfortable (or maybe it's a shape thing?)- had similar problems w/ basically all of the ambi Zowie mice :(

Ofecks posted:

Will do! A wireless mouse would be really nice, and a cheaper wireless mouse which fits better sounds great. I've also heard Mionix makes super large mice, but haven't actually tried them out yet.

hawowanlawow posted:

:wink:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

Ofecks posted:

I like the shape of the G603 for my larger hands. I just didn't like the mushiness of the middle click. You also aren't able to repeatedly "middle click" in quick succession so it can become a problem if you use it as a bind in game.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Import the new MS Intellimouse?

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Wait is this actually good? I thought there was a rerelease recently that was junk. Is this different?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

GuyonthecoucH posted:

Wait is this actually good? I thought there was a rerelease recently that was junk. Is this different?

That's last year's model with the blue track sensor. This is an update on that with a real 3389.

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Audax posted:

That's last year's model with the blue track sensor. This is an update on that with a real 3389.

:perfect: Guess I should look for a store that ships to the US or ebay...

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GuyonthecoucH posted:

:perfect: Guess I should look for a store that ships to the US or ebay...

try rakuten or amazon.jp

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So Logitech offered me a replacement of any mouse $99.99 or under from https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice.html

Seriously kinda ticked off that my 13 button mouse with a 3 year warranty has an issue all these others have, and the best they can offer me is a 6 button mouse with a 2 year warranty.

I like the 11 buttons on the g502 but it isn't wireless, and the g602 is currently $36 on Amazon. I'm thinking I'd take the g703, sell it (maybe?) and buy the g602 on my own (or a Steel Series.) Anyone else see anything worth my time?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

tildes posted:

Not sure! I usually have to get XL/XXL gloves.

So...then get a ruler and measure your hand? :psyduck: Once you do that, RJN has a compilation of pretty much every mouse you could want, and you can drill down by grip and hand size.

Otacon posted:

So Logitech offered me a replacement of any mouse $99.99 or under from https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice.html

Seriously kinda ticked off that my 13 button mouse with a 3 year warranty has an issue all these others have, and the best they can offer me is a 6 button mouse with a 2 year warranty.

I like the 11 buttons on the g502 but it isn't wireless, and the g602 is currently $36 on Amazon. I'm thinking I'd take the g703, sell it (maybe?) and buy the g602 on my own (or a Steel Series.) Anyone else see anything worth my time?

Get the 703 and sell it if you don't want it, most of the other mice are cheaper elsewhere.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Actually that list is perfect, TY!

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Just bought a Logitech G402 and it works quite well, but I'm encountering a weird bug: the mouse sometimes "crashes" and does not work at all. No error messages, no windows disconnect sound, no light coming from the sensor, it's dead until I plug it out and in again.
Anyone already had that problem? Should I just return the mouse?

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.
I just contacted Logitech support about my G900 with a double-clicking issue, and they approved an RMA, but now that it's shipped the confirmation email says that the package contains "1 | G900 Mice Feet". :sigh:

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I replaced my old double clicking wireless Logitech mouse with a g502 Proteus on the threads recommendation, and now my g502 is double clicking. I've had it less than a year, whereas the wireless one lasted me around 4 or 5.

I noodled around with all kinds of software fixes, hoping maybe it was a driver issue or something, but it looks like the switch is borked on the left button. Made a warranty claim, but I'm super bummed. I was hoping I'd get more use out of this thing considering its price tag (when I picked it up) here in Canada.

Is there something I can do to stave off the inevitable when I get a new mouse?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Martian Manfucker posted:

I replaced my old double clicking wireless Logitech mouse with a g502 Proteus on the threads recommendation, and now my g502 is double clicking. I've had it less than a year, whereas the wireless one lasted me around 4 or 5.

I noodled around with all kinds of software fixes, hoping maybe it was a driver issue or something, but it looks like the switch is borked on the left button. Made a warranty claim, but I'm super bummed. I was hoping I'd get more use out of this thing considering its price tag (when I picked it up) here in Canada.

It really seems to be luck of the draw on switches. I've had some go in a couple of years, and I've got some mice from 15 years ago that are still fine and were actively used until recently. Logitech usually uses Omron switches (unless they're making their own now?) that are rated for many millions of actuations, but that doesn't mean you won't sometimes get a faulty one. You can attempt to replace the switch if you feel like soldering stuff or just try to bend the leaf in it back into shape as a lot of folks have done in the thread, but I don't think there's any way to avoid getting a double click issue since it's usually just a bad switch.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Some people on Reddit are reporting it's possibly a static electricity issue from a dry cold climate. Maybe look into that?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/a9ihgm/the_real_cause_of_doubleclicking_on_the_g_pro/

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Asus has a few mice with replaceable switches if you're willing to put the work in to swap them whenever double-clicking starts. There might be a couple other brands/models that offer that as well, I don't have them all memorized.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Audax posted:

Some people on Reddit are reporting it's possibly a static electricity issue from a dry cold climate. Maybe look into that?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/a9ihgm/the_real_cause_of_doubleclicking_on_the_g_pro/

That's interesting. It did start happening as the weather got colder and the heat started getting used more. Would the fact that the Proteus is wired make a difference as to whether or not this could be a static electricity problem? It's plugged into my keyboard's USB port (a Corsair k70), and I have no idea if that grounds it or not.

I have little confidence in my ability to solder things and none of the tools required to do it, so replacing the switches on my mice isn't really realistic for me. I'll wait to see what Logitech does before I open it up to tinker with it, I don't want to void the warranty on it if I don't have to.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Turns out Logitech found another G700s to replace mine once I brought up that they want to replace my 13-button, 3-year warranty mouse with a 6-button, 2-year warranty mouse (G703)

We'll see how long this one lasts. The double-clicking is getting worse.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I have little confidence in my ability to solder things and none of the tools required to do it, so replacing the switches on my mice isn't really realistic for me. I'll wait to see what Logitech does before I open it up to tinker with it, I don't want to void the warranty on it if I don't have to.

You certainly shouldn't have to dick around with the switches on a new, under-warranty mouse, but if you wanted to practice on an older one isn't not that difficult or expensive. You can get a cheap kit like this one and often since you'd be lifting off a component and replacing it, you can just heat up the existing solder, remove the bad switch, and then re-heat the solder without applying more to install the new switch. That's what I did to replace the battery in my first-gen Astro A50 and it worked great.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I've been using a Logitech M705 Marathon Mouse for online FPS gaming, but I've noticed when I move the mouse very quickly across my mouse pad (like when trying to do a quick 180) it doesn't actually register all the movement. Like if moving from one side of my pad to the other at a more leisurely pace would normally make my character do almost a complete 360, moving the same distance very quickly will only spin my character 90 degrees sometimes (response tends to vary when moving very fast).

I did some research and it sounds like this is a known phenomenon, which I believe is referred to as a mouses' malfunction speed. Do I need to move to a G series mouse to avoid this? I've got my eyes on the G305 (or maybe G603).

One concern I have: right now I have both my keyboard and mouse on a Unifying Receiver. It looks like the G series wireless mice use a different type of receiver (Lightspeed), so I'd have to have 2 different 2.4GHz receivers in close proximity if I keep my current keyboard. Is that likely to cause interference issues?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Splinter posted:

I'd have to have 2 different 2.4GHz receivers in close proximity if I keep my current keyboard. Is that likely to cause interference issues?

No, there are different channels in that 2.4ghz spectrum and lightspeed channel hops to find a clear one. Now if you were to go to a lan with 50 people all using wireless mice, yeah probably.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Fauxtool posted:

No, there are different channels in that 2.4ghz spectrum and lightspeed channel hops to find a clear one. Now if you were to go to a lan with 50 people all using wireless mice, yeah probably.

I hosted a LAN a few years ago where five of us had Logitech G930 headsets, four had wireless mice, and two people were on laptops insisting they didn't need a cable.

Needless to say this did not go well. That said the mice actually handled it the best. There were a couple of issues that were resolved by locating the dongles closer to the mice, but the headsets and WiFi were a mess.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Otacon posted:

Turns out Logitech found another G700s to replace mine once I brought up that they want to replace my 13-button, 3-year warranty mouse with a 6-button, 2-year warranty mouse (G703)

We'll see how long this one lasts. The double-clicking is getting worse.

Nevermind, just received a shipping notice for a G703. Fuckers.

Anyone want to buy a G703?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Splinter posted:

I've been using a Logitech M705 Marathon Mouse for online FPS gaming, but I've noticed when I move the mouse very quickly across my mouse pad (like when trying to do a quick 180) it doesn't actually register all the movement. Like if moving from one side of my pad to the other at a more leisurely pace would normally make my character do almost a complete 360, moving the same distance very quickly will only spin my character 90 degrees sometimes (response tends to vary when moving very fast).

I did some research and it sounds like this is a known phenomenon, which I believe is referred to as a mouses' malfunction speed. Do I need to move to a G series mouse to avoid this? I've got my eyes on the G305 (or maybe G603).

This is an issue with the mouse sensor's ability to track. The Marathon Mouse isn't bad, but it's still just a general-purpose consumer mouse. Actual gaming mice have high performance sensors, and are less prone to tracking issues. You'd notice a huge difference while gaming between that mouse and, say, a G403 or any other actual gaming mouse. If you check out any of RocketJumpNinja's mouse reviews on Youtube, he specifically does testing to see if a given mouse's sensor can be overwhelmed into losing tracking (like by flipping the mouse down on the surface.)

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Atomizer posted:

This is an issue with the mouse sensor's ability to track. The Marathon Mouse isn't bad, but it's still just a general-purpose consumer mouse. Actual gaming mice have high performance sensors, and are less prone to tracking issues. You'd notice a huge difference while gaming between that mouse and, say, a G403 or any other actual gaming mouse. If you check out any of RocketJumpNinja's mouse reviews on Youtube, he specifically does testing to see if a given mouse's sensor can be overwhelmed into losing tracking (like by flipping the mouse down on the surface.)

I actually watched a lot of that dudes stuff when deciding what to buy. I have a G305 on the way now.

I kinda answered one of my own questions by connecting my Logitech Performance MX to my gaming rig. It's a similar class of product as the Marathon Mouse, but uses a different type of laser ("darkfield" with a max DPI of 1500 vs the 1000 of the Marathon Mouse). The Performance MX was able to track acceptably doing the movements that cause problems with the Marathon Mouse. However, other than the improved tracking over the MM, I don't really like the Performance MX at all for gaming, so I still opted to grab a G series mouse.

Ezekial
Jan 10, 2014
Went from mx hand cramps to glaive double clicking. Just bought zowie EC1. Hopefully it gives less BS. Tempted get get the ps/2 port rollerball out at this point.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Splinter posted:

I actually watched a lot of that dudes stuff when deciding what to buy. I have a G305 on the way now.

I kinda answered one of my own questions by connecting my Logitech Performance MX to my gaming rig. It's a similar class of product as the Marathon Mouse, but uses a different type of laser ("darkfield" with a max DPI of 1500 vs the 1000 of the Marathon Mouse). The Performance MX was able to track acceptably doing the movements that cause problems with the Marathon Mouse. However, other than the improved tracking over the MM, I don't really like the Performance MX at all for gaming, so I still opted to grab a G series mouse.

Yup, the Performance MX isn't a gaming mouse, but it's certainly higher-end than the Marathon. Presumably in your research you also learned that non-laser optical sensors are better (for gaming) than laser, since you mentioned it?

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Atomizer posted:

Yup, the Performance MX isn't a gaming mouse, but it's certainly higher-end than the Marathon. Presumably in your research you also learned that non-laser optical sensors are better (for gaming) than laser, since you mentioned it?

I didn't dive in too deep, just enough to learn that even a cheapish gaming mouse would be an upgrade over what I was using. I did notice that the mice I was looking at tended to have optical sensors. The G305 arrived today and I'm liking it. The size is good for me and it's a noticeable improvement tracking wise (quantifiable in aim practice maps running at the same eDPI as my old setup).

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you just want a cheap high performance mouse there are many good options. Even no name mice with a 3360 sensor will perform with the best mice. The 3360 is the same sensor you will find in many high performance mice.
I have used the https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Performance-PixArt-Precision-Applications/dp/B071J9JC6S/ and would recommend it to anyone who just wants high value. It doesnt need any special drivers and the DPI is adjustable with a button on the bottom. You can go even more barebones down to like $20 with no lights or finer dpi level. The cheap stuff will feel cheap but the performance is the same.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Nixeus Revel and DM S1 Pro are probably the best bargain mice imo. I actually prefer them to even really high end mice. As long as you’re into the sensei shape (ambidextrous) they’re great.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

I have to rave about Logitech's tech support. I went through a wack of troubleshooting with my g403 due to double clicking and it turned out to be a firmware issue. But the guy on the phone had another one sent incase it happened again. Soo much better than dealing with Steelseries' bullshit.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
CS used to be a big upside of Logitech, then people here were having bad experiences for about a year (or so?). Hopefully it's back to being a strong point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

I have to rave about Logitech's tech support. I went through a wack of troubleshooting with my g403 due to double clicking and it turned out to be a firmware issue. But the guy on the phone had another one sent incase it happened again. Soo much better than dealing with Steelseries' bullshit.

personally I liked steelseries customer service. They didnt argue and I got a replacement very quickly each time. I just wish I didnt have to keep using it because the products wont stop breaking on me