Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

smarxist posted:

AOC annihilated

I feel like she could eradicate swaths of boomers with her tweets. She'd flick them off her phone screen like those dudes with the zheng instrument in Kung Fu Hustle and they'd explode into dust

139 likes :psyduck:

i'm gna eat breakfast abt that

ed balls makes scrambled eggs with olive oil instead of milk bc that poo poo's mostly water anyway

thanks to vanisher for the dope av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

i dont know why anyone would want to be IK but rear end cobra's platform was pretty convincing

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Also, what the gently caress, kids
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bird-box-challange-utah-who-crashed-car-while-driving-blindfolded-was-doing-challenge-netflix-movie/

This is gonna be the new tide pods, isn't it

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

dont be mean to me posted:

hey if he wants to be visibly thirsty for Orwell's great fear made manifest

America is on a track to basically enter a "warlord era" bc it turns out people couldn't be trusted with knowledge or travel lmao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

eyyyyyyy i'm bein' cast on a reality tv show ovah 'ere

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1084524493605879809

those are some celebrities! major stars of the world of culture!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Preston Waters posted:

who replaced Skull.gif as IK

Cspam government is shut down, no ik can be chosen

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
it would be nice for the democrats to just run a street fighter, regardless of policies, just for the amusement of trump getting clowned on and then firing off his masterstroke tweets

too bad every democrat is a coward decorumbot with poo poo policies who will just get posterized by trump at every avenue

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

smarxist posted:

what's the rent relief act? rent subsidies for qualified means tested people living in poverty who fill out a bunch of forms an fax poo poo and have full time jobs and also the credit is sent monthly to a debit card from a third party company with a bunch of fees attached?

Tax credit which offers a discount on the portion of rent above 30% of income, because that's an arbitrary standard which is useful in statistics. The problem is that the tax cut only tapers off gradually as income increases, but it doesn't taper the cost-burden percentage, so you could save money by asking your landlord to increase your rent if the conditions are right.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3670

If gross income is: percentage is:
Not over $25,000 100 percent
Over $25,000, but not over $50,000 75 percent
Over $50,000, but not over $75,000 50 percent
Over $75,000, but not over $100,000 25 percent
Over $100,000, but not over $125,000 10 percent
Over $125,000 0 percent.

People making minimum wage ($15,000 if working 35 hours per year at $8/hr) aren't going to have an accountant, so they probably won't know about this. The upper class is included in the tax credit. Here's some math for some sample assumptions:

60% of Nashville's median household income of about $55,000 is $33,000, a cutoff which comes from the same housing expert guideline as the 30% one. They'd pay about 11% in income taxes, or $3,600/yr, or $300/month. 30% of $33,000 is $9,900, divided by 12 is $825/month. So, they get up to a $300 discount off their rent above $825/month.

$100,000 median household income has an effective income tax of $18,139, or $1,512/month. They get 10% of their rent above 30% of their income paid, so above $30,000/12=$2,500/month they get 10% off the "excess". As of June 2018, average rent for an apartment in San Francisco, CA is $3,697, and with that they would save about $120.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Eat This Glob posted:

im watching b*ady and co do well against the chargers. There was a commercial for "captain marvel." what is that?

an air force commercial that's playing in theaters

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
texas... trash...

beto... also trash...

checks out

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's certainly impressive how many Democratic candidates have got to work crafting new ambiguous language that you could project a left-wing agenda on to without any firm commitments they won't horse-trade away in an instant. The breadth of the field of bad-faith leftism in the 2020 primary is going to suck.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

brugroffil posted:

The dumbest and most disqualifying part is saying Paul Ryan had guts

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1084489855319474178

didn't think it was possible to alienate so much of the political spectrum with a single position, excellent work beto

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

it would be nice for the democrats to just run a street fighter, regardless of policies, just for the amusement of trump getting clowned on and then firing off his masterstroke tweets

too bad every democrat is a coward decorumbot with poo poo policies who will just get posterized by trump at every avenue

Either they're hopelessly inept or a controlled opposition or just an "installed spare" set of capitalist bootlickers to keep the Skum Shitt contingent in line, or some combination of all three. Lmao they're not saving us

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:yeah:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Saw ur tweet can't wait

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Apraxin posted:

didn't think it was possible to alienate so much of the political spectrum with a single position, excellent work beto

on the one hand, cops aren't workers and so are not entitled to a union. on the other, gently caress beto.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
The poop tape is real

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Dolash posted:

It's certainly impressive how many Democratic candidates have got to work crafting new ambiguous language that you could project a left-wing agenda on to without any firm commitments they won't horse-trade away in an instant. The breadth of the field of bad-faith leftism in the 2020 primary is going to suck.

bernie is the light, friend

follow the light

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao scaramucci is going to be on Big Brother with people like Tom Green. What a loving loser.

my bum is on the mooch
my bum is on the mooch
look at me
my bum is on the mooch

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

slay queen :stonklol:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

shovelbum posted:

America is on a track to basically enter a "warlord era" bc it turns out people couldn't be trusted with knowledge or travel lmao

cool let's take those away from you first

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

The poop tape is real

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

shovelbum posted:

This guy gets it this government is crashing down

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

ex post facho posted:

bernie is the light, friend

follow the light

not
even
a
democrat
:wth:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Big Brother finally assembles a trainwreck I'm interested in watching.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
rudy, go on big brother bitch

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/paulrust/status/1084505979398500352

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bethamphetamine posted:

Big Brother finally assembles a trainwreck I'm interested in watching.

You mean you didn't watch the omarosa season???

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dumplings Galore posted:

thats fun. i saw she was flying around space without a helmet. i figured i would have heard of her if she could do that in one of the 38 marvel movies and series made every year

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dumplings Galore posted:

does she get to use the anime swords

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx1TPmGykX0

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Preston Waters posted:

who replaced Skull.gif as IK

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
i hate bajoran episodes so much

gul dukat did nothing wrong

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

im ben mitchell, the non-probateable bitchell

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Saying 4chan etc causes chuds is like saying those drat mosquitos leave pools of stagnant water everywhere

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

rear end cobra posted:

i hate bajoran episodes so much

gul dukat did nothing wrong

They elected their Pope to be Prime Minister and their Pope is a huge terrorist-funding jerk so there's that

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

nsfw that poo poo my man gently caress

crying cruz fat as poo poo now too

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

ah hmmm, no