Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BisterdDave posted:

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they up the price of an online subscription once they start adding SNES titles.

This is most likely yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is not going to happen.

lol, come on now dude, I know you're not new to Nintendo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
You know they said SNES titles were coming eventually at the beginning, right?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Gripweed posted:

They also said Earthbound 64 was releasing in 2000, but we all know plans get cancelled.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gripweed posted:

And

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

No extra charge but you have to link your SNES Classic's serial number to your account to unlock them and if you don't activate by a certain date they'll never be available again.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It just seems weird that you guys are imagining things that Nintendo might do in the future based on nothing and getting angry about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

It just seems weird that you guys are imagining things that Nintendo might do in the future based on nothing and getting angry about it.

This whole discussion is based on imagining what Nintendo is doing in the future, your only mad it’s negative

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
If you always expect the worst you'll never be disappointed.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

I agree with Gripweed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I didn't get the impression anyone was angry.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If I can play Mario world, all stars and Golf 64, I’ll be happy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

This whole discussion is based on imagining what Nintendo is doing in the future, your only mad it’s negative

You're getting very defensive about the bad things you have imagined Nintendo will do in the future

I said come in! posted:

I didn't get the impression anyone was angry.

You were obviously angry about it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

You're getting very defensive about the bad things you have imagined Nintendo will do in the future

You need to calm down a bit, you don’t work for Nintendo, you don’t need to defend their honor.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

saltyslug posted:

hate underwater levels. surely everyoe does

sometimes i go to the beach just to yell at the ocean

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You don't have to imagine it any more: I'm from Nintendo, and I'm here to announce we're retroactively increasing the price of the online service. Gonna need you all to send me twenty bucks or we'll take away your Smash Bros.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gripweed posted:

You were obviously angry about it

Nope

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just let me buy the app outright

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bongo Bill posted:

You don't have to imagine it any more: I'm from Nintendo, and I'm here to announce we're retroactively increasing the price of the online service. Gonna need you all to send me twenty bucks or we'll take away your Smash Bros.

You're right, it's more likely we'll see a price increase and still no SNES titles.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Correction, it's one more additional emulator that isn't the SNES one that's coming, not 2. One of the parameters listed in that tweet was just the head count for the amount of emulators.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be honest I think at some point they are gonna introduce Tiers like Xbox did.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gripweed posted:

That's not weird for Games at all.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Projecting fears and wishes onto everything is just how gaming forums work.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I'm hoping Gamecube but I'm sure I'll be disappointed.

Gripweed posted:

Didn't they say the Wii U would get Gamecube VC games?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

nintendo is famous for making bizarre decisions that leave money on the table and offering services that are backwards and decades behind the competition, so it's fun to speculate about what they are going to do next

you know, doing things for fun?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

nintendo is famous for making bizarre decisions that leave money on the table and offering services that are backwards and decades behind the competition, so it's fun to speculate about what they are going to do next

you know, doing things for fun?

Exactly, and this is a discussion board but apparently we are not supposedly to discuss things?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the cardboard box industry just didn’t do it. Time for Nintendo to really step up their game, or else.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The sub is terrible value as it is. I don't think upping it will help matters.

Adding a killer SNES library and more than three games that actually play online would make it decent.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if you take away the empty wishes and speculation, this thread is just a two year conversation about weapon durability

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Exactly, and this is a discussion board but apparently we are not supposedly to discuss things?

This thread and a lot of games threads have issues with discussions that are a little negative or can be perceived as such.

Which makes sense, dedicated threads tend to attract people who are big fans and they never take negative well.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Media Bloodbath posted:

They wouldn't have to wait for NVIDIA. they could just slap a Tegra X2 in and call it a day.

My understanding was that chip was more meant for cars and their much larger alternators & batteries.
Edit looking around idk why I got that idea

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 13, 2019

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Steve2911 posted:

The sub is terrible value as it is. I don't think upping it will help matters.

Adding a killer SNES library and more than three games that actually play online would make it decent.

I'd be happy if they added all the SNES titles that are on the SNES Classic, with promise of adding more every month.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Play Returns first. It’s not as good as TF but still good. It’s not mediocre at all. There was a reason that people that played it knew what to expect from TF.

I'll have to see what's on my 3DS. I think I'm at the tail-end of Awakenings and not motivated to beat it. I'm also on the second part of Rhythm Heaven, which I adore and is a great game to travel with. I think that's all that is on there that I haven't completed. I'll look into it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I finished Gris and enjoyed it. See ya later.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd be happy if they just added emulators for all the systems up to GC and the option to purchase the entire library. $1 each for NES. $2 for SNES and so on.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Get access to a library of NES games when you subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online. Get access to a library of SNES games on your first renewal, or get it early for $14.99.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

This thread and a lot of games threads have issues with discussions that are a little negative or can be perceived as such.

Which makes sense, dedicated threads tend to attract people who are big fans and they never take negative well.

There's lots of things to criticize Nintendo about. Some people get weirdly overly negative about Nintendo, that's the whole "Nintendo is DOOMED" meme. I would definitely categorize imagining bad things Nintendo might do in the future based on no evidence as the latter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

There's lots of things to criticize Nintendo about. Some people get weirdly overly negative about Nintendo, that's the whole "Nintendo is DOOMED" meme. I would definitely categorize imagining bad things Nintendo might do in the future based on no evidence as the latter

Well of course you would, I addressed that in the post.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well of course you would, I addressed that in the post.

what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Your one of those overly defensive people I was talking about.