Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How would anyone have access to it? I don't want to give Newsweek the click, they're Hill tier with their misleading headlines and clickbait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jealous Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/newsweek/status/1084538089492697088?s=21

Bernstein is claiming to have been told Mueller’s report will show that Trump knowingly worked with Putin to destabilize the US for money.

I’d normally discuss crap like this, but Bernstein is pretty credible.

The shutdown is helping destabilize the country right now so hmmm

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

remusclaw posted:

The Left need to start treating the Right like how the Right thinks they are being treated.
pretty sure saying that around here is worth a sixer, at least

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
nvm

Lambert fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 13, 2019

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think the second he gets out of office(unless he winds a second term) he will be indited on state poo poo.

Yeah the State of New York has a whole lot of evidence of tax evasion, evidenced by NY shutting down his slush fund 'charity', and can put him away for the rest of his natural life ala Madoff. The only reason NY is not prosecuting the case right now is because of the whole "Can the Pres be charged with a crime" question that :kav: is completely against so NY isn't pushing the issue right now.

Also if Trump is convicted of a crime of the State of New York, then he cannot be pardoned by the President of the United States, only by the Governor of New York. I don't think that will happen.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 13, 2019

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

How would anyone have access to it? I don't want to give Newsweek the click, they're Hill tier with their misleading headlines and clickbait.

He only says “I’m told” and Newsweek doesn’t seem to press harder on that.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Jealous Cow posted:

Bernstein is claiming to have been told Mueller’s report will show that Trump knowingly worked with Putin to destabilize the US for money.

I’d normally dismiss crap like this, but Bernstein is pretty credible.

Bernstein is just putting 2 and 2 together.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

I have to check the Internet to see if it's actually snowing in DC.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Jealous Cow posted:

I’d normally discuss crap like this, but Bernstein is pretty credible.

I can’t watch the segment, but this reads to me like Newsweek is heavily overselling what Bernstein said for clickbait. Bernstein seems to be talking about the subject matter of the report, not claiming that he was leaked conclusions from the report.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 13, 2019

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rinkles posted:

quote:

Legendary journalist Carl Bernstein has said that he’s been told that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report will show how President Donald Trump helped Russia “destabilize the United States.”

Bernstein, who is renowned for his coverage of the Watergate scandal that led to the resignation of former President Richard Nixon, appeared onCNN’s Reliable Sources on Sunday to discuss two bombshell reports released this weekend, one from The New York Times and one from The Washington Post, which revealed new details about whether or not Trump and his aides have colluded with Russia.

The Post reported that Trump has gone to “extraordinary lengths” to conceal direct conversations he has had with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Times article revealed that the FBI opened a counterintelligence investigation into Trump after he fired former bureau director James Comey in 2017, suspecting the president could be working on behalf of Russia. Trump has angrily denied allegations that he worked with Russia and has regularly attacked the media for reporting on the investigation. But Bernstein slammed Trump’s dismissal of the probe.

“This is about the most serious counterintelligence people we have in the U.S. government saying, ‘Oh, my God, the president’s words and actions lead us to conclude that somehow he has become a witting, unwitting, or half-witting pawn, certainly in some regards, to Vladimir Putin,'” Bernstein explained during his appearance on Reliable Sources .

“From a point of view of strength… rather, he has done what appears to be Putin’s goals. He has helped Putin destabilize the United States and interfere in the election, no matter whether it was purposeful or not,” the journalist added. He then explained that he knew from his own high-level sources that Mueller’s report would discuss this assessment.

“And that is part of what the draft of Mueller’s report, I’m told, is to be about,” he said. “We know there has been collusion by [former national security adviser Michael] Flynn. We know there has been collusion of some sort by [Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul] Manafort. The question is, yes, what did the president know and when did he know it?”

President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin shake hands during a joint press conference after their summit on July 16, 2018 in Helsinki, Finland CHRIS MCGRATH/GETTY IMAGES

Trump has defended himself against such reports, arguing, inaccurately, that he has taken a hardline stance against Russia.

“I have been FAR tougher on Russia than Obama, Bush or Clinton. Maybe tougher than any other President. At the same time, & as I have often said, getting along with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. I fully expect that someday we will have good relations with Russia again! [sic],” he wroteon Twitter on Saturday.

However, the president’s 2016 campaign remains the subject of a special investigation led by Mueller. Several former high-ranking Trump aides have been indicted in the probe and last week, it was revealed that Manafort shared confidential polling data with an associate linked to Russian-intelligence. 

Trump's administration recently moved to remove financial sanctions on an ally of Putin, and has recently pulled troops out of Syria -- a long-standing demand from the Russian President

So I guess he's contending someone inside told him about it, I don't know if I'd let that give me hope. On the one hand, Bernstein, on the other, the last few years

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Thanks. Yeah, don't think this is particularly noteworthy.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

AOC is proving that the important media guys are just as loving stupid as we all thought they were. The entire DC insider community is so inbred and up its own rear end after decades of a culture that was based entirely on which parties you could get invited to they don't even know they are idiots.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There’s no way he isn’t indicted unless Pence pardons him.

And no, the Dem President won’t pardon him because Trumps absurd list of crimes aren’t things that a future President might be worried that might apply to them after they leave office. Like if Obama went after Bush for the Iraq War while knowing he himself would still conduct military action across the Mid East.

I could see Pence being a snake in the grass and not pardoning Trump but only if the polls showed it would be better for his election chances.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Radish posted:

AOC is proving that the important media guys are just as loving stupid as we all thought they were. The entire DC insider community is so inbred and up its own rear end after decades of a culture that was based entirely on which parties you could get invited to they don't even know they are idiots.

I don't feel like that needed establishing, but I've been thinking and if a scenario arises where AOC get's into it with Chris Cilliza on twitter over something I will 100% pull out the popcorn for that one. Outside of one particular hack Toronto Star sportswriter I don't think I've ever held as much contempt for a "journalist" as captain loving obvious TMZ correspondent tier Chris Cilliza. If you're even the slightest politically interested person whose successfully completed one high school grade level course in critical thinking you've probably already connected the dots before Cilliza has finished his article pointing out the utterly bleeding obvious yet again.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Kale posted:

I don't feel like that needed establishing, but I've been thinking and if a scenario arises where AOC get's into it with Chris Cilliza on twitter over something I will 100% pull out the popcorn for that one. Outside of one particular hack Toronto Star sportswriter I don't think I've ever held as much contempt for a "journalist" as captain loving obvious TMZ correspondent tier Chris Cilliza. If you're even the slightest politically interested person whose successfully completed one high school grade level course in critical thinking you've probably already connected the dots before Cilliza has finished his article pointing out the utterly bleeding obvious yet again.

She already dunked on Cilliza

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kale posted:

I guess for some it's entertaining, but I'm not really all that interested in the battle that get fought on twitter threads so much as the ones that happen in Congress over policy. The cycle of somebody attacks her, she claps back and everybody talks about how yes indeed she is very good at twitter burns kind of wore thin on me a while back. I'm just waiting to see what progressive legislation this Democratic house can try to transform into policy at this point which is the score sheet that kind of matters to me. Not that it's likely to get past the Senate or Trump who seem poised to vote down every single thing the House goes to pass along partisan lines just because that's the way the GOP controlled chambers of Washington have worked during the McConnell era.

This is all assuming that they ever get the government open again which with Trump in the White House I don't see the solution for since it's not like he gives a solitary poo poo about proper governance. I'm honestly convinced even if they put a bill on his desk that has the funding he asked for he'll veto it anyway for some on the spot reason just to be as big of a poo poo as humanly possible.

Congress is just a 250 year old social network used primarily by old rich assholes.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:
https://mobile.twitter.com/nwlc/status/1084582756288471043

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Spacebump posted:

I could see Pence being a snake in the grass and not pardoning Trump but only if the polls showed it would be better for his election chances.

Pence thinking he even HAS election chances would require him being a complete idiot

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1084463782359957504

Fulchrum posted:

Pence thinking he even HAS election chances would require him being a complete idiot

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084584259510304768

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Of all the tweets he didn't write, this is the one he didn't write the most.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's some strong reassurance for the Kurds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ague Proof posted:

I would love to see someone ask Trump if he knows what a caliphate is.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I know he's done this before, but this is a weird loving way to announce military strategy and possible economic sanctions on a supposed ally.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I can't find a straight answer, can my clients get social security cards and benefit award letters or not?

I'm in Portland and people are freaking the gently caress out.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Priapus Unbound posted:

I know he's done this before, but this is a weird loving way to announce military strategy and possible economic sanctions on a supposed ally.

Should have waited for the second part!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084586625672376322

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The Mooch continues his fall from grace and will appear on Celebrity Big Brother.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

They're definitely gonna hit the Kurds, no matter what bullshit you say.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Ague Proof posted:

The Mooch continues his fall from grace and will appear on Celebrity Big Brother.

All things considered I'd say this is a step up for him

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ague Proof posted:

Still nice of that staffer to legitimize the IS Caliphate though

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Too bad Mother wasn’t there.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Based off these tweets I think we need to confirm with Stormy Daniels if Trump even knows what pullout means.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

STAC Goat posted:

I would love to see someone ask Trump if he knows what a caliphate is.

Or how to spell it.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
After all this Trump-Russia poo poo, anyone wanting to run for President needs to be able to pass top secret clearance and the results of the investigation should be made public. Any thing that could make a person inellugible to be an NSA janitor should be known to the public. Don't run if you can be compromised and you don't want everyone to know it.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Failed Imagineer posted:

I would love this theory to be accurate, but I know Palmer Report is ... less than entirely credible let's say

https://www.palmerreport.com/politics/portugal-devin-nunes-russian-government-portugal/2244/

Its absolutely rambling bullshit.

The lajes base in the Azores as been leased to the US since ww2,its not a new base.
Former Portuguese president cavaco Silva is a dour,mum-ra looking motherfucker that loves austerity but he's no friend of Putin.
Portugal gives those medals to anyone that's slightly relevant in other countries.I'm pretty sure we gave one of those to tom hanks because his grandpa was Portuguese.
The Portuguese spy started selling NATO secrets in 2014 and was caught in April 2016.the stuff he was selling was everyday nato stuff,and personal notes about key players in Portugal,stuff that Russia can and does get in a variety of other ways.
It turns out the dude really liked hookers,gambling and blow and hell,that's an expensive lifestyle.
But I mean,if it helps gently caress nunes even a little bit,then yeah,investigate the motherfucker.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

"We've done oil like we've never done it"

:psyduck:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Spacebump posted:

Pence would lose the Trump base by not pardoning him. It's lose-lose.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
This is clearly aimed straight at Trump's ego...

https://twitter.com/Ilhan/status/1084591970088075264?s=19

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

thank allah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Man, for a split second I thought she was wearing a mocking trump wig before I realized it was a headscarf.