Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gee. And here I was having fun with Waver and Tamamo abusing Squirtoria's NP refund. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry everyone, now that fionn got his buff he can also 3 turn clear.

Welcome to the Fionn meta, everyone

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

AtheistMantis posted:

So let me see if I properly understand the Skadi System.

So her skills are a quick up/quick crit up, def down, and targetable 50% NP charge. NP is just crit up/evade.

So if I pair double Skadi with an AOE Quick servant (like Lancelot):

Turn 1 use skill 3 on both to 100% DPS NP.

Turn 2 use up rest of skills to clear with crits. Hopefully DPS has two cards to bring NP back up to 100%

Turn 3 NP again.

I feel like wave 2 is a bit susceptible to RNG, but am I missing anything?

There's lots of variations on what precise setup you use depending on whether you have a MLB Kaleidoscope/Waver/maxed skills/certain Mystic Codes/etc, but the basic premise is to use Kaleidoscope on a AoE quick attacker that has a high hit count and some sort of NP rate up or NP/turn skill. Then you count on the regen from the NP with double Skadi buffs to generate 50%, at which point you can use Skadi's NP charge to refill for turns 2 and 3.

There's lots of attackers it can be used with. Lancelot and Dantes are class agnostic and can be used anywhere, with Atalante, Parvati, Valkyrie, Marie, Achilles, Summer Scathach, Summer Ishtar, and more also potentially being usable.

As an example, here's the setup I eventually settled into for the last Nerofest and Christmas. It's a bit imperfect, but it'll still kill anything the system will run on.

I use Lancelot as an attacker. I don't have an MLB Kaleidoscope, so I make up for it with Waver. It might be possible to sub Paracelsus or Nero Bride instead of Waver, but I found this to be a little more reliable.

Turn 1: Starting line Waver, Lancelot, Support Skadi, with plugsuit for the order change. Use Waver's skill 2 and 3 to activate Lancelot's Kaleidoscope. Hit Skadi's Quick Buff and maybe Lancelot's Stargen buff if you want to guarantee getting 50 stars every turn. Use Lancelot's NP.

Turn 2: With normal frontline enemies Lancelot should have generated a bit more than 20%. Use Waver's Skill 1 and Skadi's Skill 3 to bring him back up to 100%. Switch Waver for the other Skadi, and use her quick buff and Lancelot's Skill 3 for one turn of NP gain up. Use Lancelot's NP. If there's a wave 2 midboss it might survive the NP, but it should easily go down to any of Lancelot's cards.

Turn 3: Lancelot should have well over 50% NP and can be refilled with the second Skadi's charge. If the boss has particularly high HP you can debuff it's defense, but at this point you'll have three charges of the Attack Up Lancelot gets from his NP, so on top of his NP damage he'll be putting out Buster crits of 80k+ and 150k+ on his quick card.

Pretty much the only time it can possibly go to turn 4 is if I get nothing but Skadi's quick and arts cards on turn 3, and even then using both Def downs and the Mystic Code Atk Up will usually kill everything.

The one weakness the Skadi System has is that it relies on overkill to generate NP. If the first or second wave only has 1-2 enemies, or if all 3 in a wave have really high NP, then you won't generate enough NP to fuel the system. But for the usual 3 waves of 3 enemies it will 3 turn everything.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

What if Merlin could give 50% NP charge :thunk:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
One thing I'd never realized until trying to put the system together was that you get different amounts of NP for hitting enemies of different classes. It's a little higher for casters and a little lower for berserkers.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Can it be done with a single Skadi? That way you could do it by borrowing a support Skadi.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

MonsieurChoc posted:

Can it be done with a single Skadi? That way you could do it by borrowing a support Skadi.

Not really. It's the combination of the 50% quick up and 50% NP charge that makes the skadi loop work, and no one else has the kit to make up for it. That said, you can probably get away with using kaleido + arash to handle the first wave and using your quick aoe + support skadi to do the 2nd and 3rd waves, but you'll need another source of np charge or quick up to replace the second skadi.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

No; it needs two Skadis, usually a MLB Kaleidoscope, and one of a small selection of gold servants ideally at a high NP level. As mentioned with some of the attackers you can make do with just a non-MLB Kaleidoscope and your own Waver - and obviously still two Skadis.

I'm not going to say it's for whales only, but you do need to either dedicate a lot to building it or be very lucky. It's not like Surfdred's "if you've got her you can do it" level of accessibility.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tarezax posted:

Not really. It's the combination of the 50% quick up and 50% NP charge that makes the skadi loop work, and no one else has the kit to make up for it. That said, you can probably get away with using kaleido + arash to handle the first wave and using your quick aoe + support skadi to do the 2nd and 3rd waves, but you'll need another source of np charge or quick up to replace the second skadi.

The video linked earlier can do if with Helena's own Card Buffs and Paracelsus NP Gain+ Skill.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

genericnick posted:

You'd have to be some kind of super-whale to do that. And even then I don't think 3tk is possible if the event CEs don't give NP. It is not the most efficient option in terms of AP, but guaranteing a three turn clear is totally worth it.

Is that really the case? I had a look at farm nodes a while back and the best ones were all '160k boss + two addies on wave 3' and everything beforehand was weaker. Maybe I missed some, but that's not particularly harder to pull off that say, the nerofest 2 petal nodes, and people were 3tking those without superwhale setups.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Transient People posted:

Is that really the case? I had a look at farm nodes a while back and the best ones were all '160k boss + two addies on wave 3' and everything beforehand was weaker. Maybe I missed some, but that's not particularly harder to pull off that say, the nerofest 2 petal nodes, and people were 3tking those without superwhale setups.

Nerofest also had a +200% damage ce for your attacker

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Transient People posted:

Maybe I'm talking out of my rear end, but at least I can't imagine you can do 6 event CE's and consistently do a 3tk. Where would you get all the NP from? And if you start depending on crits you have to draw the right cards. I'd really like to see an example of this.

Edit: Ah, the attack bonus.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm ready for everyone to go, "I'm saving for Skadi" after all these posts about her

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Compendium posted:

I'm ready for everyone to go, "I'm saving for Skadi" after all these posts about her

Don't we have another year or two before she hits global?
Don't get me wrong, I was wanting her because she's a Scathach-face, and I do like me some anime waifus. The fact that she's op is just icing on the sad, lonely cake.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

the_steve posted:

Don't we have another year or two before she hits global?
Don't get me wrong, I was wanting her because she's a Scathach-face, and I do like me some anime waifus. The fact that she's op is just icing on the sad, lonely cake.

Yup she doesn't appear for a long while. Saving up for her now seems like overkill.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
A year and a quarter I think? We have all of part 1.5 to enjoy before then.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pierson posted:

A year and a quarter I think? We have all of part 1.5 to enjoy before then.

Just enough time for me to farm enough pages to make my Merlin useful.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you don't really need to save for her too hard since the milestone bonuses change during her release and that means a ton of retroactive sq bonuses.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

gwrtheyrn posted:

Nerofest also had a +200% damage ce for your attacker

True, but half the lottos in any given year do that so it's like, something that has to be factored in since you badly want as many drops per run as possible for those and they're where you can do the bulk of your farming if you plan ahead

(raids too once we hit the apoc event - the Trifas CE gives 100% damage amp IIRC?)

I'm trying to think if there's any events you really wanna powerfarm where 3tking without being a whale or sacrificing drops is impossible and the only one that comes to mind is the Davinci rerun where even Skadi wouldn't have a fun time due to having to kill a 230k HP Avenger. I'm not sure there's any others that are truly gross like that?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

dogsicle posted:

you don't really need to save for her too hard since the milestone bonuses change during her release and that means a ton of retroactive sq bonuses.
Interesting. What can NA look forward to? I remember one extra SQ from Rankups as well as more SQ per 10 rankups, anything else?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Dr Pepper posted:

Yup she doesn't appear for a long while. Saving up for her now seems like overkill.

Start saving now for NP5 skadi

lol jk my plan is moriarty->musashi rerun->Holmes, with maybe 30 or 60 quartz spent on each banner in between

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Nerofest does not have a damage bonus on its event drop CE, on any year. The damage CE is separate and doesn't add anything to your petal/ticket drops.

There's no way to realistically 3t clear a node while running 6 event CEs if they don't give NP charge, and even if they do you'd have to put a lot of effort into making it work.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

genericnick posted:

Maybe I'm talking out of my rear end, but at least I can't imagine you can do 6 event CE's and consistently do a 3tk. Where would you get all the NP from? And if you start depending on crits you have to draw the right cards. I'd really like to see an example of this.

Edit: Ah, the attack bonus.

If you’re using three NPs and not just blistering down a wave, you need a total of 300% charge for three waves.

I suppose maybe you could rig something together with Arash, Waver, Attacker with NP charge of 30+, Nitocris, support Waver.

Arash with max skill 3 for 30, waver for another 50 on Arash, switch in a second waver and use skills 2 and 3 for another 20% on Arash to get him to 100, bring in Nitocris when Arash dies for another 100, then have another attacker who will have 40 from party wide Waver buffs, plus 30 from the second waver’s skill 1, and can presumably be someone who can bring a 30 charge themselves.

That’d get you 3 AoE NPs with no CEs. It’d be low on firepower though, there are a lot of waves Arash and Nitocris can have trouble clearing, especially if they don’t have class superiority. It also requires you to have Waver and Nitocris specifically, plus Arash’s skill 3 to max, and only leaves one party slot open for leveling bond.

By comparison Skadi system can only hold 5 CEs, but can deal with enemies with six digit HP and of any class.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

dogsicle posted:

I'd say NA is more likely to get that during this year's Sherlock campaign instead.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

Interesting. What can NA look forward to? I remember one extra SQ from Rankups as well as more SQ per 10 rankups, anything else?

I don’t remember off the top of my head what came with Skadi, but I know at some point they added SQ rewards for clearing story chapters- first part one, then EoR later- and more recently added quests to get some quartz for every 10 strengthening quests you clear. Those rewards are all retroactive, so when they hit anybody who’s up to date on content got a huge one time payout.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The pre-skadi (or coincident?) one is upping the 50-days bonus to 30, effective retroactively. So you'd get (total logins/50)*10 SQ all at once I think.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pierson posted:

the specific thing I'm talking about is an additional 10sq per 50 logins, but there's the stuff you mentioned and also some sq missions here and there like for completing all the EoR chapters before a certain time.

but

NRVNQSR posted:

I'd say NA is more likely to get that during this year's Sherlock campaign instead.

this does seem like a thing that could happen

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

They added a feature for JP not too long ago that lets you split your support into two lists, one people see when doing regular quests and one when doing event quests. It's a real useful feature but a lot of people including some goons aren't taking advantage of it so I thought I'd give a 5s tutorial on how to set it up.

The buttons you're looking for are the two white ones in the bottom right with blue and red and 'SET I/II/III'. Those are used to lock your support lists, blue for regular & red for events. There's also an indicator up next to the name that shows what the current list is marked as. If you haven't locked in a list like in the above picture, set will be in brackets and the buttons won't have a white border. Just hit the button while looking at a list to lock it as your displayed support list.

If you do it right it should look like this:

A good support list is key to getting those friend requests accepted, so make sure you set up both lists properly.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

My current plan for the next banners this year is
Kiara-Holmes-Munenori-Parvati-Abigail.

Amazoness CEO would be fine too.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jan 14, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just roll all the time and accept whoever shows up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm not sure whom I should be looking for to conform to the "meta" (which history shows I haven't cared much about yet). Hoping for MHXA because an ST 'Zerker would be nice. Eresh charmed me, and I've already got Ishtar so I need to complete both sides of the coin. Okita during her re-run, maybe. Other than that... :shrug:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
MHXA is apparently pretty bad? Or so a friend told me. I just hope I can get HOPEMAN and Melt, and then the summer event kills me because I want pretty much everyone from it as opposed to last year when I just really wanted Martha and Anne.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

My understanding is MHXA is underwhelming until she gets her strengthening and then she's okay until Skadi comes along and makes her crazy good.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Badingading posted:

My understanding is MHXA is underwhelming until she gets her strengthening and then she's okay until Skadi comes along and makes her crazy good.

That's about right, getting her now will be something of an investment pick that'll pay off in the future. Meltryllis in the CCC event is in a similar boat.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Roll who you like, then roll for the meta if you have quartz left over.

Really the only meta servants are Waver, Tamamo, Merlin and Skadi. Whoever plugs in best with them becomes meta. Atalanta was considered the worst 4* Archer in the game before Skadi, but Skadi can turn her into a 3-turn killing machine. OG Jeanne went from top tier to bottom tier back to top tier, because the content of the game changed, not because she drastically improved even with her NP upgrade. So things are going to shift around a lot as the game progresses.

What hasn't progressed is Ishtar's crappy NP damage multiplier. Seriously DW, it's been 2 years. Gimme an NP upgrade interlude!

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

with hassan down there are exactly two more servants coming out this year that are on my Must Roll list (shinjuku avenger and summer nito), and as long as I can land both of them, I shall want for nothing else in this game

gently caress the meta, all I need is Floof and Cute

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you like the meta servants you get the best of both worlds. skadi will be the first time i roll for a meta servant with no real attachment, but i haven't read lb2 so that could change. also she does at least help other servants i like shine, like Fran.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am in weird situation, because the next Servant I feel like I really want and should save for is Skadi, which means I have no clear target to look forward for for like a year or year and half. I guess I want Parvati, but even that is like 9 months away. :shrug:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

if you like the meta servants you get the best of both worlds. skadi will be the first time i roll for a meta servant with no real attachment, but i haven't read lb2 so that could change. also she does at least help other servants i like shine, like Fran.

Skadi is good, maybe the best character of LB2 in my opinion, though Napoleon comes close. If you're rolling for waifu alone LB1 and LB3 are a bit better, though, and Summer 3 is waifu central.

Really, though, I wouldn't worry too much about saving for Skadi at this point. She's still a year and a half away, and in between you have all the EoR chapters, each of which has some very good servants in them, plus CCC, Summer 2, Ereshkigal, Hokusai, LB1, and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The best LB servant remains Salieri.