Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axeil posted:

welp, at least we lasted 24 hours more than the cowboys

And really in the end, considering how dead we were that's all that matters.

Also screwing over the Vikings and Bears was pretty hillarious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Said it in the game thread but that was a fun end to the season. Hard to be too upset after they salvaged the season and gave us that fun run at the end of the year. Can't wait till next year and I hope Andy gets his ring now

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Considering how the Eagles lost their starting RB and had an injury cataclysm in their secondary, they should be pretty proud they got this far. Much as Dallas has improved, if y'all have better injury luck next year and Wentz doesn't become the new Chad Pennington with another injury, you should probably be favorites for the division.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Game owned. Jenkins and Sproles own. Eagles outlasting the Cowboys made my Cowboy-fan wife real mad so Eagles also own.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's pretty annoying how Payton is going to receive some super-genius Brad Stevens level bullshit hype for a fake punt when the real thing that killed the Eagles was the combination of sudden injuries to Peters, Cox, and Brooks (gee, I wonder what could have caused that?) and the receivers failing us in the end. The Agholor missed catch and the Jeffery drop were so disappointing. Also, Doug taking a TO to avoid the delay of game right after halftime was so stupid.

Like even with Thomas doing whatever he wanted, Philly was in perfect position to win the game. The fact that the secondary wasn't the reason that we lost the game is kind of crazy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He still stealing womens underwear?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

edp didnt retire after last year?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

a new study bible! posted:

edp didnt retire after last year?

You can never retire from eating dat pussy.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Were the Saints just diving at knees again or what

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

He calls Foles a human being in the first 30 seconds of that video

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Big Pick Nick

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

'Eeeyyy Yo!
Keep it classy Eagles' Fans Ya'll are awe-

Ah I'm just kidding. lmao.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The way we lost sucked, however I felt like we rode our luck a little bit too much for the last few weeks and it had to end at somepoint, we probably shouldnt have got to the playoffs in the first place, the Vikings being perennial bottlers helped us there, we shouldnt have beaten the Bears, the Saints should have put that game to bed, in the end, if you cant score for 3 Quarters you dont deserve to win a game.

Annoyingly, thats the 3rd game this year we have given up a 14+ point lead.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I expected an Eagles loss but can't help but be a little disappointed with it under the circumstances. If the Saints had jumped out to a 20-0 lead and Philly managed to come up with 14 points in the 4th quarter and just ran out of time it'd be easier to take. Oh well, they got way farther than I'd have thought given the way things shook out this year.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Its pretty difficult to be super disappointed less than 12 months after a SB win too.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Foles was hurt on the TD throw. He took a big shot and couldn't hit anything after that

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles had something like a 0.6% chance to make the playoffs at one point so while I'm disappointed, this has been a hell of a ride.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah, I can't be too upset by what transpired, even if it was a bit frustrating.

If the Saints had come out and hung 48 on them again it would have been a "yes of course" thing but first quarter Eagles looked immaculate before everyone started dying and the Saints looked absolutely beatable for the rest of the game. Oh well.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
cold...

https://twitter.com/cBeastwin/status/1084309420710998017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

CyberPingu posted:

Its pretty difficult to be super disappointed less than 12 months after a SB win too.

That's where I'm at.

We followed it up with a playoff appearance and playoff win after some amazing games at the end. Can't be too upset about it.

Andy, go get that ring.

89 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 14, 2019

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

That's where I'm at.

We followed it up with a playoff appearance and playoff win after some amazing games at the end. Can't be too upset about it.

Andy, go get that ring.

:same:

Now I want to see Carson start 16 games without having another attack of boneitis.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

At least by getting bounced, Philly can save itself from doing something hella retarded like trading Carson Wentz.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

cpranger posted:

. Eagles outlasting the Cowboys made my Cowboy-fan wife real mad so Eagles also own.

Outlasting? As in to the next day when their game was to be played?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They survived 1 extra day :colbert:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

yes

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Maybe if the Cowboys were more concerned about protection instead of trying to procreate with Dak Prescott in the middle of the game, maybe nah you guys would be playing next Sunday.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hey man, don't take that away from them; It looks like they really need it. Poor things.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

At least by getting bounced, Philly can save itself from doing something hella retarded like trading Carson Wentz.

Or least we don't have to listen to people suggesting it for the next 4 months like it's a reasonable idea.

Carson Wentz is the face of the franchise.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not even a full 24 hours :laffo:

See you in a week axeil

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Oh well. Here's hoping for a Rams-Chiefs Super Bowl.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's gonna be really satisfying to watch the Saints get pummeled next week. they had a tough time keeping up with an injured Foles and a decimated run game, I can't wait to see what Gurley and the Rams do to them

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Yes the Cowboys losing the day before the Eagles really pissed off my wife she is very petty thank you for noticing

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
it's going to be a real crushing depression if wentz suffers another rickets next year and we have to get a franchise qb again.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
We have one his name is Nate.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Do I need to post the gif of the eagles fan eating horse poo poo?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

moush posted:

Do I need to post the gif of the eagles fan eating horse poo poo?

Better than the guy who put a dog in a microwave because they lost.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Read the article again, Philly is a very progressive city.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The NFC East: And then there were none

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

iwentdoodie posted:

Better than the guy who put a dog in a microwave because they lost.

that’s not real