Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

All the more reason for Season 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

All the more reason for Season 2!

True.

Then again, she's already shown smoking a pipe. I remember some time ago some biggish idol was thrown under the bus fo being seen smoking a regular boring old cigarette, so maybe Yugiri is already edgy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sephyr posted:

I do wish they'd given Yugiri a bit more spotlight and development. She may have living descendants. Or a customer who became a famous/infamous historical figure.

I don't know if it's a good or bad sign that having her be a single mother back then would likely cause a lot more harrumphing and huffing than Lily being trans and happy.

the hook is there for the next season with that weird dandy guy in the second to last episode

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I want season 2 to be about a boy band that syncs up with Fran Chou Chou at the end to save the entire island of Kyushu. That's my dream.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I want Tae to be a dragon in Dragalia Lost.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Sephyr posted:

I do wish they'd given Yugiri a bit more spotlight and development. She may have living descendants. Or a customer who became a famous/infamous historical figure.

I don't know if it's a good or bad sign that having her be a single mother back then would likely cause a lot more harrumphing and huffing than Lily being trans and happy.

With her period and profession she probs had hella chlamydia to induce infertility :shrug:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

With her period and profession she probs had hella chlamydia to induce infertility :shrug:

Well, from what I know Oirans were not four-bangs-a-day prostitutes but mainly entertainers, companions and artisans...that you _could_ also bang if you were really rich/important.

So yeah, I'd be betting catching a kid would be a bit easier than catching a bad disease. Like, only 8% or so, but there you go.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I just wanna know who she slapped (or didn't) that led to her being executed

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I'm guessing she slapped a monarchist during the Restoration, and then refused to slap a shogunate loyalist (who actually enjoyed being slapped) that might have helped her escape.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I just assume her region got Nobunaga'd or whatever, and she was executed with pretty much everyone else in the palace.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Takoluka posted:

I just assume her region got Nobunaga'd or whatever, and she was executed with pretty much everyone else in the palace.

Wrong era. She's nineteenth-century, IIRC.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Maybe she ran afoul of a pre-reformation Kenshin Himura. The X-shaped scar is a result of her secret cross-slap technique.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Darth Walrus posted:

I was using it more as a verb and less as the actual Nobunaga.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

She mentioned Samurai would test out their katanas on random civilians but it was late 19th century and the Boshin war was already way over with, seems weird.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
She knew the term, she didn't necessarily mean that it was contemporary with her.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/hosiyozokumo/status/1077452311977373696

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
The first Bonus CD is out now, it includes the Death Metal concert, the Rap Battle, and the full version of Mezane Returner

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Exia posted:

The first Bonus CD is out now, it includes the Death Metal concert, the Rap Battle, and the full version of Mezane Returner
Is there any signs of that content being released separately in other regions like how the OP and ED are on iTunes, or is it strictly a Blu-Ray bonus?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm sad that Maki Kawase doesn't seem to have sung elsewhere. Junko's singing voice was one of my favorite parts of this show.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Viridiant posted:

I'm sad that Maki Kawase doesn't seem to have sung elsewhere. Junko's singing voice was one of my favorite parts of this show.

She apparently sang in Hisone to Masotan, she's the angsty pilot in that series.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

She apparently sang in Hisone to Masotan, she's the angsty pilot in that series.

'The' angsty pilot?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know how else to describe the one that piloted the F2 prior to her mellowing out

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know how else to describe the one that piloted the F2 prior to her mellowing out

The cranky pilot, I guess. Everyone else was more quietly maladjusted.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/artbooksNat/status/1079520596608905217

Should of had them without makeup

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So I was wondering with Tae not actually singing.
Is that something that happens more often in other Idol acts? One of the members not actually singing?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Sephyr posted:

I'm guessing she slapped a monarchist during the Restoration, and then refused to slap a shogunate loyalist (who actually enjoyed being slapped) that might have helped her escape.

Nah, she mentioned being cool with the Joui rebels, so she probably didn't piss off too many monarchists.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mulderman posted:

Is that something that happens more often in other Idol acts? One of the members not actually singing?

It happens a decent amount. The bigger the group the more likely a few members are just dancers and eye candy.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Viridiant posted:

It's way deeper than I thought it would be judging by her design.
But girl has a good set of vocals on her, that's for sure. I think she and Yugiri were my favorites when it came to singing voices.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Like, she doesn't have the set of pipes that Ms. Kawase has, but Risa Taneda does have a really nice voice. And I'm glad that she seems to have recovered from her throat condition. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ZIZ6v7egU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mulderman posted:

It really depends, and there can be a number of reasons for it. Sometimes, groups of seven will have all singers; sometimes, groups of five will have two singers. Sometimes, performers who usually sing won't sing and will just lip-sync; sometimes, full groups will just lip-sync at a concert.

Tae will have her day.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Six days after Franchouchou’s final live at Arupino, the real Arupino at Karatsu, Saga prefecture announced this notice, apologizing for the collapse of the hall during the event and promise will strive to avoid similar accidents from happening again.

A translation:

Karatsu city Furusato Stadium Arupino

Management of Event Hall

Notice and apology regarding the collapse of constructions during live event

Thank you for frequently using Karatsu city Furusato Stadium Arupino.

We would like to give our deepest apologies because of the collapse of constructions during the live event at Arupino Hall on 21st December, 2018.

We would try our best to avoid similar incidents from happening again.

Note

Reason

The event hall collapsed because of its inability to sustain the weight of the snow.

Damage

There were no casualties among participants and related persons of the event.

Collapse of the construction.

* There were no damages caused to surrounding areas and citizens.

3. Response

After the event, the construction has been rebuilt to its previous form.

As opening the hall for sightseeing purposes may cause risk for collapse, we would take particular procedures to some of the visiting activities.

End.

<<Remarks:

This document is fiction.

We prepared this for comedic purposes based on the event of Zombieland Saga.

Thank you for reading this notice. And please continue to support Zombieland Saga, where Arupino has made its appearance!>>

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Pokemon Trainer Tae wants to b-

Oh. Wait, she's just chewing her pokeball.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Elfface posted:

Pokemon Trainer Tae wants to b-

Oh. Wait, she's just chewing her pokeball.

Tae used Bite!
It hurt itself in Confusion!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/kidachi_p/status/1082277657788596224?s=19

:kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At first I was like "Hey, where's my fave child actress and gang leader?" Then I opened the tweet. :3:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Wark Say posted:

At first I was like "Hey, where's my fave child actress and gang leader?" Then I opened the tweet. :3:

I like that happy-Tae munching on people's heads is officially a thing now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Overwhelming victory in just about all age demographics (Except for OLDS which went to a place farther than the universe)

And women which seamed to like Cells at Work and Pop Team Epic a loving lot

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Us women have loving excellent taste ( ・`ω・´)

I’m also genuinely surprised that this did so well (in a good way)! I hope we see more.