Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Nice dog tax

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:staredog:

This is horrifying.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Zapf Dingbat posted:

Nice dog tax

I thought it was a weasel.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

He needs sunglasses or something to obscure the eyes. Hiding his gross, blobby chin is a good start, though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Republicans posted:

He needs sunglasses or something to obscure the eyes. Hiding his gross, blobby chin is a good start, though.

yeah, he beard is actually a substantial improvement

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Wilbur Swain posted:

He lacks the self-awareness to commit suicide.

It doesn't have to be on purpose.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

The fact that this is in response to a video makes me wonder if DJ TJ posted this one on Dad's account.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I am still reeling from the idea that Garrison lampooned him as "Kind Eyes"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

One of dem driscoll boys

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
All his recent tweets show as tweeted by iphone, didn't he stop using iphones because of something political?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
My cat, reacting to Ted Cruz.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Its like an inverse Riker's Beard. He just looks incredibly old, sleepy drunk instead of some flesh lump.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Celexi posted:

All his recent tweets show as tweeted by iphone, didn't he stop using iphones because of something political?

No, you're thinking of repeated reports from NSA and Secret Service desperately begging him to stop using an iPhone.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I agree. I mean, he's still weird-looking, but he's shed the melty Nixon feel.

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I don't get how people keep saying this. He looks like poo poo. The beard makes him look even worse. Which is remarkable.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Easy Diff posted:

No, you're thinking of repeated reports from NSA and Secret Service desperately begging him to stop using an iPhone.

It’s not iPhone specific. The NSA has hardened iPhones that are approved for his use. The issue is he’s got a personal off the shelf iPhone he won’t give up lol.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dick Valentine posted:

I don't get how people keep saying this. He looks like poo poo. The beard makes him look even worse. Which is remarkable.

Male facial is a very subjective thing.

I think Ted Cruz actually looks better with the beard but it’s the difference between “he looks like alien poo poo” and “he looks like poo poo.”

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

This honestly looks photoshopped, but I've got a disgusting feeling that it isn't. This is what peak texas looks like I guess.

squirrelzipper posted:

It’s not iPhone specific. The NSA has hardened iPhones that are approved for his use. The issue is he’s got a personal off the shelf iPhone he won’t give up lol.

Yea this. Ironically now that he could maybe claim having the best of something without looking insane (ie security people, even if it isn't true), he ignores them and uses his off-the-shelf poo poo.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lightning Knight posted:

Male facial is a very subjective thing.

I think Ted Cruz actually looks better with the beard but it’s the difference between “he looks like alien poo poo” and “he looks like poo poo.”

For me, the way his beard is greying makes him look more like alien poo poo. It's so awful.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I know I'm a bit late to the discussion, but whether or not TSA is effective is completely tangential to the actual problem. If you want to fly in the United States, you need to go through TSA screening. If there aren't enough TSA workers to man the security checkpoints, then airports don't have a choice but to close terminals.

Changing this is going to require a combination of Congress changing certain laws and the TSA changing certain policies, and that's not going to happen. But even if it did, that's not what's REALLY going to shut down air traffic in the US, it's the ATC having a sick-out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dick Valentine posted:

new poo poo looks better than some poo poo to some I guess

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
It looks worse than before because now he just has a bigger "I don't give a gently caress what I look like" vibe to him with how uneven it is. Its like a drat failed to puberty beard. At his age it shouldn't be hard, but he's got some kind of weird wispy mustache, half of his face can't even grow hair right still and at its most flattering its just fat covering neck beard.

He will never not look like an alien.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Celexi posted:

Easy Diff posted:

I'm pretty sure you're both right. He used to have an android phone (for political/spite reasons) that they took away, and then he started using a personal iPhone that the NSA and Secret Service have repeatedly tried to get him to stop using.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

King of Solomon posted:

For me, the way his beard is greying makes him look more like alien poo poo. It's so awful.

Like I said, I think it’s subjective. It’s like looking at a melty abstract painting that somebody threw some more paint at and deciding if it’s better or worse now.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Holy poo poo, did he actually quote a poem? :stare:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

TulliusCicero posted:

Maybe he’s quoting the Independence Day speech

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Rage, rage against the dying of the whites.

Without a doubt, one of the best comments re Trump tweets in this thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TulliusCicero posted:

he quoted a white supremacist lunatic quoting a poem to sound deep after a racist rant

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

When you done but the government still suckin.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1084589485440954368?s=19

USPOL Winter: You just hosed it all up, Mick!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I’m sure the media will cover Trump saying the gently caress word with breathless contempt for days, right?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Tibalt posted:

I know I'm a bit late to the discussion, but whether or not TSA is effective is completely tangential to the actual problem. If you want to fly in the United States, you need to go through TSA screening. If there aren't enough TSA workers to man the security checkpoints, then airports don't have a choice but to close terminals.

Changing this is going to require a combination of Congress changing certain laws and the TSA changing certain policies, and that's not going to happen. But even if it did, that's not what's REALLY going to shut down air traffic in the US, it's the ATC having a sick-out.

I agree that ATC quitting / not showing up for work would cause more chaos - you'd have all the same chaos as the TSA with added chaos for the freight, parcel (UPS/FedEx), and private passenger industries.

That being said, TSA not showing up would cause enough chaos in and of itself to stop this dumb thing. Airports around the country shutting down half of their terminals more or less overnight is, best case scenario, the same as cancelling half of the flights in the US all day every day for the foreseeable future, and in reality will cause enough chaos to basically stop the entire system.

Corporate America will poo poo a collective brick if commercial air travel stops. Bank of America and ExxonMobil can fly their executives on their private jets, sure, but what about the thousands of low level employees that routinely fly around the country?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

maybe I should have joined up, I'd feel right at home

History's first hot couch navy.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 14, 2019

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

squirrelzipper posted:

I thought that this was one of those things that is not up for debate. Gov't employees get some basic rear end Nokia candy bar, blackberry, or iPhone. And even with one of those, you don't get haul it with you around sensitive areas.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I gotta hand it to Ted in a way.

He knows he missed his shot to be President.

He knows he'll probably always be a senator barring something unforseen.

Appropriately, he has decided to completely let himself go.

He's younger than Gwen Stefani and looks like he could keel over at any moment.

Imagine that kind of freedom.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

TulliusCicero posted:

Fire the dying of the light like a dog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Ted real talk if that's the best that comes out after all the time since you started growing a beard, just give up because facial hair is not going to happen for you. Like it doesn't happen for everyone, just lean into the fact that you look like a blobfish because that beard is just 'hairy blobfish'.

Not even trying to poo poo on him I think he looks a bit better with it but it's just kind of sad.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 14, 2019