Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

A friend of mine is in Mexico for a wedding, wonder how long it'll take him to get through customs when he gets back

I hear it's super easy to just walk across the border because there is no wall.

note: not actually easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

CannonFodder posted:

I hear it's super easy to just walk across the border because there is no wall.

note: not actually easy

just need to borrow one of those insane stronger faster vehicles

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How was y'all's weekend?

We had a 55 hour power outage that I kept assuming was going to end at any minute, and my phone was next to dead when it started and I couldn't find my car charger. Finally dug out of the 8 inches of snow or whatever it was yesterday to go get another one.

On the bright side it was a slow weekend and there wasn't really anything I would have wanted to watch. Certainly not anything I'd been waiting 25 years to see.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

How was y'all's weekend?

We had a 55 hour power outage that I kept assuming was going to end at any minute, and my phone was next to dead when it started and I couldn't find my car charger. Finally dug out of the 8 inches of snow or whatever it was yesterday to go get another one.

On the bright side it was a slow weekend and there wasn't really anything I would have wanted to watch. Certainly not anything I'd been waiting 25 years to see.

A few of my friends in Lee's Summit have been out since Saturday at 8am. I had power flicker for like 2 minutes, but nothing major.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Grittybeard posted:

How was y'all's weekend?

fell real deep into a battletech hole

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
That sucks Gritty, that you missed the game. Thorough domination for 4 quarters besides a blocked punt TD. Very cathartic

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spent all day saturday packing up my parents place, finally got all the bookcases and furniture out of the attic and moved two pickup trucks worth of stuff to the cargo container.

Then yesterday just sat on my couch giggling maniacally all afternoon then gorged on takeout chinese.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

That sucks Gritty, that you missed the game. Thorough domination for 4 quarters besides a blocked punt TD. Very cathartic

I found an old radio and batteries and sat staring at it while listening to the game like it was the 1930s or something. They apparently still say "going left to right on your dial" to describe which way a team is driving, which is so damned quaint I kind of love it.

Now I need to figure out when NFLN is replaying it, which I'm sure they will.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
that sounds kinda nice and pleasant, I’ve always wanted to follow a game on the radio like I’m a Missouri farmhand in the 1960s

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I saw On the Basis of Sex and it was a pretty entertaining movie. I love the irony that the first case that resulted in a ban on gender discrimination had a man as plaintiff.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

swickles posted:

I saw On the Basis of Sex and it was a pretty entertaining movie. I love the irony that the first case that resulted in a ban on gender discrimination had a man as plaintiff.

every ad I have seen for it looks REALLY on the nose

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its biopic, and a fair one. Despite being a Supreme Court Justice, RBG's lasting legacy will always be establishing that gender applies to the 14th amendment. That's a huge thing. The movie also depicts her husband and daughter as equally important in that process. I don't know how to rake "REALLY on the nose" when the movie is literally about the most important thing she did...

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

that sounds kinda nice and pleasant, I’ve always wanted to follow a game on the radio like I’m a Missouri farmhand in the 1960s

I do pretty regularly since I don’t have cable, the national broadcasts are okay but really sterile, the local teams are where it’s really fun

Edit: after my wife made us watch the Marie Kondo show on Netflix and went on a cleaning spree yesterday I relate to this all too well. No pair of underwear that I’ve EVER owned has brought me joy

https://twitter.com/sadvil/status/1084488173428695040?s=21

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 14, 2019

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
What was that song podcast someone posted the mashup from a few weeks back?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

just got a raise out of nowhere and was informed I'm now eligible for monthly bonuses as well :coolfish:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This will probably piss off Trump more than anything else you can say.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1084834446765899776?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

How was y'all's weekend?

BAD

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is there a more perfect marriage then the Paterno name and shilling for Saudi Arabia?

https://twitter.com/arabnews/status/1084668954608586752

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Grittybeard posted:

How was y'all's weekend?

It was OK, ran and worked out a bunch, made cookies because I felt like it, played video games but not enough of them. Cleaned too I guess, my bachelor stint ends Wednesday so I have to put our place back together before then.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Grittybeard posted:

How was y'all's weekend?

Oh wow. That really sucks. At least you get to watch Andy Reid and the boys put the final stake through Brady's heart this week.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm laughing like an idiot at work help

https://twitter.com/serenjty/status/1083900464784134144?s=19

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

one of my chinese students is wearing this shirt

I asked him if he knew what it meant and he was like "it looked cool"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A hero falls.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I don't keep up with games like I used to so you guys are the first I've heard talk about Battletech. I'm off for a few days so I might get it, giant robots are definitely my poo poo.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

just got a raise out of nowhere and was informed I'm now eligible for monthly bonuses as well :coolfish:

gotta blow it all on something dumb every two weeks, that's found money :911:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mel Mudkiper posted:

one of my chinese students is wearing this shirt

I asked him if he knew what it meant and he was like "it looked cool"

The dilemma for those people is when there is both a cross and a flag at the same time

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

swickles posted:

Its biopic, and a fair one. Despite being a Supreme Court Justice, RBG's lasting legacy will always be establishing that gender applies to the 14th amendment. That's a huge thing. The movie also depicts her husband and daughter as equally important in that process. I don't know how to rake "REALLY on the nose" when the movie is literally about the most important thing she did...

mostly how all the dialog is like "I bet this job is hard for you as a MOTHER AND WIFE in this SEXIST ENVIRONMENT" and "Wow look at all this IMPORTANT STUFF you are doing about WOMEN'S RIGHTS its almost like you are a WOMEN'S RIGHTS ICON"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

I don't keep up with games like I used to so you guys are the first I've heard talk about Battletech. I'm off for a few days so I might get it, giant robots are definitely my poo poo.

I upgraded my typing computer to also run mid-line steam games so i am finally catching up with the pc exclusives of the last few years

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Today is probably my last day in-office and I am bored as fuuuuuuuuuck

I have no idea why they asked me to come in. I have zero responsibilities anymore.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

mostly how all the dialog is like "I bet this job is hard for you as a MOTHER AND WIFE in this SEXIST ENVIRONMENT" and "Wow look at all this IMPORTANT STUFF you are doing about WOMEN'S RIGHTS its almost like you are a WOMEN'S RIGHTS ICON"

Did you see the movie?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Today is probably my last day in-office and I am bored as fuuuuuuuuuck

I have no idea why they asked me to come in. I have zero responsibilities anymore.

Go out at noon and catch a movie.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

swickles posted:

Did you see the movie?

As I said, just ads in which that is all the dialog

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Go out at noon and catch a movie.

I'm going to lunch with the one guy I like here and we're gonna have lunch beers shhh don't tell anybody

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As I said, just ads in which that is all the dialog

Then gently caress off with your "review". See the movie then comment. John Wick had a terrible trailer, but turned our to be a fun and entertaining movie. Its literally a movie about how the laws got changed to prevent gender discrimination, and your complaint is about how the ads for the movie are about the empowerment of women. Did you complain about Black Panther being too advocating for black people?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Used appropriately, that song is an amazing addition to some media. This is a perfect application for it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i watched vice

i didn't think it or bale was that great

i do kinda like the narrative structure of it tho. very brecht. "we are going to make sure you know you are watching a movie and that you are supposed to take a lesson from this experience"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

swickles posted:

Then gently caress off with your "review".

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I never said I was reviewing it, chill man

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Probably gonna see the RBG movie because girlfriend wants to

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

I liked it, once you start understanding things (as long as you're not above cheesing out your mechs, which I was not) it might get a little too easy but on the other hand you're always one lucky shot away from losing a pilot you've built up or some really fairly important weapon. I forgot all about the expansion pack they released a while back, I might have to check that out. Glancing at reviews I should have done that when it was on sale.

It is...slow though. Which is cool at first but once you've watched a mech back up 4 steps very slowly 50 times it can get old. There's a fix to double (or quadruple or whatever) combat animations out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

It is...slow though. Which is cool at first but once you've watched a mech back up 4 steps very slowly 50 times it can get old. There's a fix to double (or quadruple or whatever) combat animations out there.

I weirdly dig the slow animations. It makes everything feel weighty. The only downside is when you are restarting a hard mission over and over the first few rounds can get tedious