Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I love everything in that quote :allears:

Especially Evankhell, she's been a named character since the very earliest chapters and now that we get to see her in action she's completely stolen the show! What excites me the most is her relation to Rak though. I hope they get to interact as Tower natives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well despite not being able to read any dialogue I read chapter 336 and it was pretty meaningless since its obviously a dialogue heavy chapter after whats happened :v:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Hirethor posted:

When if the last time SIU broke the 3rd wall to narrate to the audience like that? The only one that come to mind is during the prologue, and I'm not sure if that counts.

Edit: Actually it doesn't seem like that narration is coming from SIU, so I wonder if it's coming from someone specific like The Tower's Axis User?, or Headon?, Arlene?, Enryu?

Also, looking at some older stuff, here's something from Season 1 Chapter 56:

Maybe we're finally going to get that Tsunami that Hansung Yu predicted in 2014.

Hansung Yu is also part of the action in the most recent chapter, so it might be him again.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I took the narration at the finish to be coming from Ha Jinsung, who's beaten but not out and savouring the eventual defeat of his enemies.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

nimby posted:

I took the narration at the finish to be coming from Ha Jinsung, who's beaten but not out and savouring the eventual defeat of his enemies.

Hm, I don't think it's him because this part seems to be talking about him and I don't think he'd be talking about himself in the 3rd person.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Hirethor posted:

Hm, I don't think it's him because this part seems to be talking about him and I don't think he'd be talking about himself in the 3rd person.

I think that's referring to Maschenny, who wants to shed more blood than Jinsung.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Hodgepodge posted:

I think that's referring to Maschenny, who wants to shed more blood than Jinsung.

I thought Jinsung was the one clearing the way by holding back Kallavan and supporting his God, but you're right it could be Maschenny who's clearing the way by removing Jinsung the babysitter.

Well it may not matter who's actually saying that line, and if it does we'll find out eventually.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Hirethor posted:

I thought Jinsung was the one clearing the way by holding back Kallavan and supporting his God, but you're right it could be Maschenny who's clearing the way by removing Jinsung the babysitter.

Well it may not matter who's actually saying that line, and if it does we'll find out eventually.

I was interpreting her "needing to shed more blood" as the "clearing the way" part. She seems disappointed that Jinsung has mellowed from his pre-appearance reputation for basically slaughtering anyone associated with the establishment on sight. Also, I think she has a crush on him.

(Maschenny is evidently very C-Spam. Actually I wanted to post Evankhell's whole bit about how elitists should just die if they set foot on the battlefield with her there, but it's a pain getting the image files for that long of a sequence).

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Hodgepodge posted:

I was interpreting her "needing to shed more blood" as the "clearing the way" part. She seems disappointed that Jinsung has mellowed from his pre-appearance reputation for basically slaughtering anyone associated with the establishment on sight. Also, I think she has a crush on him.

(Maschenny is evidently very C-Spam. Actually I wanted to post Evankhell's whole bit about how elitists should just die if they set foot on the battlefield with her there, but it's a pain getting the image files for that long of a sequence).

This is how I feel too. We got a small glimpse into her personality with the data version of herself (well done SIU) and she was pretty reckless and bloodthirsty to bite the hand that fed her in Data Jahad.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-336/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=417
:stare:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Well our hero didn't absorb any new powers from this fight, it's only fair he gained something else. Like an overpowered new mentor.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
At least it's going to be nice and warm inside the Baam clown car after he eats a rare fire orb.

Poor Mascheny, never learned how to chill.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Tower of Evankhell would be a positive direction.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

UNF

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
One of the comments suggests that they think it will actually be Rak that Evankhell will train..

On the one hand that would be a nice change, and an interesting direction, on the other hand I am not sure Evankhell even witnessed anything about Rak that would suggest he has a connection to those Ancient Beings of the Elements, or whatever they were called.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Ryuujin posted:

One of the comments suggests that they think it will actually be Rak that Evankhell will train..

On the one hand that would be a nice change, and an interesting direction, on the other hand I am not sure Evankhell even witnessed anything about Rak that would suggest he has a connection to those Ancient Beings of the Elements, or whatever they were called.

Evankhell showed direct interest in Baam after he hurt Kallavan, seems like the go to. Also Evankhell was sporting a big ol super powerful Orb so they might have similar inherent qualities.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

It is a disservice to ourselves not reading this on a portrait monitor. Got a second PC monitor last week and changed the first one to vertical, think I will start this again from the beginning. Might help with the chapter drip during this hiatus.

In other news..a wild Gustang appears. And probably gets both another Princess (Yuri) and his pawn back (Rachel). I still cannot make out whether the guy is a complete villain or not, but then again, this holds true for many characters in this webtoon. He is certainly a major antagonist though in this part of the story though, or else Jahad would not have issued an order to destroy his family.

ps: Has anyone else read Aisopos? I started it a couple of days ago and was impressed both by the art-story (being Greek myself helps I guess) as well by the fact that it is a pretty majorly underrated toon, at least in Line.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 21, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Dante80 posted:

It is a disservice to ourselves not reading this on a portrait monitor. Got a second PC monitor last week and changed the first one to vertical, think I will start this again from the beginning. Might help with the chapter drip during this hiatus.

In other news..a wild Gustang appears. And probably gets both another Princess (Yuri) and his pawn back (Rachel). I still cannot make out whether the guy is a complete villain or not, but then again, this holds true for many characters in this webtoon. He is certainly a major antagonist though in this part of the story though, or else Jahad would not have issued an order to destroy his family.

ps: Has anyone else read Aisopos? I started it a couple of days ago and was impressed both by the art-story (being Greek myself helps I guess) as well by the fact that it is a pretty majorly underrated toon, at least in Line.

So Kallavan is just gonna dick around with a hole through his abdomen all the time is he.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Here is the chapter that we're behind + a translation to read side by side if anyone wants it. It'll be out next week and there is a break until march after this chapter

https://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=419&weekday=mon

https://i.imgur.com/F6FyiCd.jpg

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Jose posted:

Here is the chapter that we're behind + a translation to read side by side if anyone wants it. It'll be out next week and there is a break until march after this chapter

https://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=419&weekday=mon

https://i.imgur.com/F6FyiCd.jpg

It's always clumsy reading like this. But I'm glad Kallavan doesn't have a huge hole in his chest anymore, that was awkward.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Rak, king of inspirational speeches :patriot:

I've completely forgotten that the manta belonged to Gustang, and what that braclet and ring are.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Sindai posted:

Rak, king of inspirational speeches :patriot:

I've completely forgotten that the manta belonged to Gustang, and what that braclet and ring are.

We do not know what the bracelet/watch is about. The Rings are synonymous with what we think is Zahard's sons -- the same rings Wagnan and Karaka have and Wagnan is the spitting image of Zahard.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Hodgepodge posted:

It's always clumsy reading like this. But I'm glad Kallavan doesn't have a huge hole in his chest anymore, that was awkward.

The one image of him still has a hole in his chest, he just sitting against a wall... which you can see through his body.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I forget, did Jahad have the little neck hook thingies that Wangnan has? That could help indicate whether Wangnan is his son vs. some kind of clone.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Final Chapter of this years long season: https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-337/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=418

ToG will continue sometime in March.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Wow, they just pushed the station master over and ran past him. I can't believe that actually worked nor did I consider that an option.

And Gustang raising the banner of rebellion and war officially is pretty great.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I guess he's still pretty pissed about what happened to his daughter

EDIT: Also, I'm starting to like Karaka actually. There's more to him than just being a villain. After reading what Gustang said, it appears that all the Important People knew that eventually their uneasy peace wouldn't last and perhaps a large part of that peace was spent amassing their power and forces for the day when a new war would engulf and rage through the Tower again. I have a feeling when the break ends in March we're going to see a lot of shake ups.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 28, 2019

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hot drat that was a good arc. I can hardly wait for the upcoming conflicts that will shake up the whole Tower.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Hmm not sure why I'm just now thinking of this but how is Kallavan sitting upright when he's missing quite a bit of his spine?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

lil baby anime posted:

Hmm not sure why I'm just now thinking of this but how is Kallavan sitting upright when he's missing quite a bit of his spine?

He consumed the essence of bravery

people commonly refer to bravery as, among other things, "spine"

essence of spine

he has spine all through his body

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

lil baby anime posted:

With Shinsu, anything is possible.

But I like this explanation more:

Shugojin posted:

He consumed the essence of bravery

people commonly refer to bravery as, among other things, "spine"

essence of spine

he has spine all through his body

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

New chapter on monday

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Yeah but LINE will be skipping a week so the official translation won't be out till next week.

edit: also be careful about looking around for raws/spoilers because the Korean Fanclub or whatever has advance copies dating up to 3-4 issues ahead, so you might look for the latest raw chapter lovely translation and jump weeks ahead.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 11, 2019

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Jose posted:

New chapter on monday

Thank god. It hasn't felt like a proper monday without a chapter of ToG to read

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Brownieftw posted:

Thank god. It hasn't felt like a proper monday without a chapter of ToG to read

Erm...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FFS

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Pun completely unintended. It was about 12:30am so I was tired.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That avatar/post combo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jaimini's box have done a translation

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/tower-of-god/en/3/1/page/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
who were those 2 comrades of viole?