Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Zoom in on Trump.

absolutely not

enjoy my sweet boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Really the only good thing about everyone calling this trashy and dumb is now Fox News/Sarah is gonna find some white linesman chud to be all 'actually I love big macs!!!!!' and try to make this into a 'fight'.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Senor Tron posted:

Are White House cleaners considered essential personnel?

Because I'm imagining the carpet in there after a cocktail reception where you are eating burgers and pizza and there is going to be so much crap on the floors.

What Trump did with the umbrella makes me believe that he regularly just throws trash on the floor.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Lycus posted:

What Trump did with the umbrella makes me believe that he regularly just throws trash on the floor.

46 is going to walk into a White House infested with wild birds, holes punched through doors, and all of the light switch plates missing.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

C2C - 2.0 posted:

What did previous presidents serve when championship teams visited? I'm genuinely curious now.

You know that's a good question. Everything I google seems to spit up something about H.W. being a baseball fan, but-

Easy Diff posted:

Their Michelin-rated chefs served banquets. Like a normal executive function.

My guess is most likely something along these lines. I assume you don't get to work in the white house kitchen if you're a halfass chef.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 15, 2019

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
He only bought 4 pizzas.

The Mcdonalds he got was 2 for 5.

The Wendy's was from the value menu.

I cannot get over this

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Here's what I'm looking forward to - Trump's approval rating is going to slowly tick down until he capitulates because he literally has no choice. Then his approval rating is going to plummet when the chuds realize they aren't even going to get a wall out of the shutdown. It's gonna be great.

I'm using that hope to distract myself from the Mad Max hellscape we're going to go through in the meantime.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
She-Huck is gonna open the next presser with a letter from Gunt Truckle the second string offensive lineman saying he was honored to eat a luke warm big mac while Trump told him he could have had Bette Midler in the 80s.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Trump got a bunch of fast food because hes an obese cretin who thinks McDonalds and burnt ketchup steaks are the pinnacle of dining, don't overthink it

I think he got it because he learned he was on the hook to pay for it and decided fast food would be the cheapest.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yer a wizzard Harry

Just because I've been watching Call Me Kevin's channel lately, this immediately sprang to mind.

Come on then, Alien Trump!

Charlz Guybon posted:

The battle of Cannae?

I take the casualty rates of ancient sources with a grain of salt, but Cannae is definitely up there in terms of military disasters.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 15, 2019

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

KickerOfMice posted:

You know that's a good question. Everything I google seems to spit up something about H.W., but-

My guess is most likely something along these lines. I assume you don't get to work in the white house kitchen if you're a halfass chef.

Until Jan 20 2017, I would have agreed. Who knows how many White House service staff stayed on after a few weeks of Trump's bullshit. Having "white house housekeeper" on your resume probably opens enough doors you don't have to stay if you don't want to, and I can't imagine any chef is happy there now.

poo poo, the White House calligrapher was probably like "I could go to the Smithsonian and write welcome plaques, I don't need this poo poo" and peaced out a year ago, it's just been Mick Mulvaney and a shapie he picked up from where Trump dropped it since last February.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that was a thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_al-Asiri
he tried to blow up some Saudi guy but his anal cavity was too strong so he kinda just popped.

This is the most "praise with faint damning" backhanded compliment I have ever read.

"Sorry bud, you were just built too sturdily for terrorism."

I should not be as amused as I currently am.

Edit: emphasis mine

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

From a while ago:

Fart City posted:

lmao

remember freedom fries

Remember when the “liberty” and “freedom” we told everyone we were fighting for was at least supposed to be liberty and freedom FOR OTHER PEOPLE

Somewhere along the line we got the idea that the more imperialistic our wars get, the more we’re really fighting to protect our OWN precious freedom

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zarin posted:

This is the most "praise with faint damning" backhanded compliment I have ever read.

"Sorry bud, you were just built too sturdily for terrorism."

I should not be as amused as I currently am.

Edit: emphasis mine

Abdullah you can't be a terrorist you're too fuckin THICC

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fart City posted:

46 is going to walk into a White House infested with wild birds, holes punched through doors, and all of the light switch plates missing.

Between that and the bugs you know for a fact Trump let the Russians put in, is there any reason for the next President to not have the building demolished and rebuilt?

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I think he got it because he learned he was on the hook to pay for it and decided fast food would be the cheapest.

See, I'd believe that if he usually ate like a functional loving adult, but given the man has the diet of a 4 year old, I think this is more stupidity than pure cheapness, though cheapness is a part of it.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Easy Diff posted:

Until Jan 20 2017, I would have agreed. Who knows how many White House service staff stayed on after a few weeks of Trump's bullshit. Having "white house housekeeper" on your resume probably opens enough doors you don't have to stay if you don't want to, and I can't imagine any chef is happy there now.

poo poo, the White House calligrapher was probably like "I could go to the Smithsonian and write welcome plaques, I don't need this poo poo" and peaced out a year ago, it's just been Mick Mulvaney and a shapie he picked up from where Trump dropped it since last February.

Haha, Didn't they can the like, octogenarian calligrapher? (because we all need one! :rolleye:) and he went onto some comedy late-night show, just out of Trump-spite?

My calligrapher typed this post but it was difficult.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Between that and the bugs you know for a fact Trump let the Russians put in, is there any reason for the next President to not have the building demolished and rebuilt?

See, I'd believe that if he usually ate like a functional loving adult, but given the man has the diet of a 4 year old, I think this is more stupidity than pure cheapness, though cheapness is a part of it.

Wasnt there a report recently that the structural integrity of the building is in dire straits and desperately needs repairs?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Lycus posted:

I remember reading something about some Indian mega-rich dude who would just throw poo poo on the floor around his own house and encourage his guests to do the same because the help would clean it all later.

Donald had no idea how to do anything a normal person does, so of course he leaves anywhere he goes a sty.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fulchrum posted:

tbh the one thing trump got right was back at the start when he was all 'the white house sucks dick' and everyone got all shocked and angry. The WH fuckin sucks and is actively collapsing because no one's allowed to DO anything to it so it's just rotting and infested with bugs and poo poo. We 100% need to blow it up and put something new in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

friendbot2000 posted:

Wasnt there a report recently that the structural integrity of the building is in dire straits and desperately needs repairs?

yea our preservation of buildings laws are actually SUPER arcane and stupid, to the point where in the name of 'preservation' we can't actually do any major repairs/reinforcement so the white house is just dying from the inside out and it's only a matter of time before we get a hilarious story about some first lady falling through a floor or something

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1084983989549654022?s=21

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

To be fair, he got hungry.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

And the fact that Shucks says Trump is paying for it out of pocket, as if that makes him look magnanimous and kindhearted! And not like the dirt cheap motherfucker he is!

He has no choice - it's part of what the White House occupants are expected to pay. President pays the tab for meals at the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/politics/presidential-debt/index.html

At least in the Bobby household, they de-cartoned the fast food & put it on plates.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"Oh I want to be the agent for that tall, handsome quarterback," Trump said. "Six foot seven, they say great athlete, and he's accurate. That's nice."

gently caress me sideways

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This Clemson football visit to the white house is the gift that keeps on giving. Why would any sports team ever visit again after being disrespected like this? Holy loving poo poo imagine if a black president did this :trumppop:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can never figure if Trump's just got some weird 1950s obsession with "handsomeness" or if we're all sleeping on the idea that he's spent his entire life repressing those who he finds most beautiful.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

empty whippet box posted:

This Clemson football visit to the white house is the gift that keeps on giving. Why would any sports team ever visit again after being disrespected like this? Holy loving poo poo imagine if a black president did this :trumppop:

Apparently they whooped with delight when they saw the food so :shrug:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

ExplodingSims posted:

I remember reading something about some Indian mega-rich dude who would just throw poo poo on the floor around his own house and encourage his guests to do the same because the help would clean it all later.

Donald had no idea how to do anything a normal person does, so of course he leaves anywhere he goes a sty.

TrumpWithoutServants.gif

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

sexpig by night posted:

tbh the one thing trump got right was back at the start when he was all 'the white house sucks dick' and everyone got all shocked and angry. The WH fuckin sucks and is actively collapsing because no one's allowed to DO anything to it so it's just rotting and infested with bugs and poo poo. We 100% need to blow it up and put something new in.

This is untrue and the White House has been entirely gutted and entirely rebuilt multiple times over the last century. Other than the furniture in a few rooms, no actual part of the original White House remains aside from the carefully preserved facade.

Google "Bulldozer inside White House" because I'm too lazy to rehost the image right now. or gently caress it here's a wikipedia link.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sexpig by night posted:

yea our preservation of buildings laws are actually SUPER arcane and stupid, to the point where in the name of 'preservation' we can't actually do any major repairs/reinforcement so the white house is just dying from the inside out and it's only a matter of time before we get a hilarious story about some first lady falling through a floor or something

On top of that no president wants to hand the perfect metaphor to the opposing party. This was a major issue the last time it had to be renovated.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poque posted:

"Oh I want to be the agent for that tall, handsome quarterback," Trump said. "Six foot seven, they say great athlete, and he's accurate. That's nice."

gently caress me sideways

I genuinely don't mean this as an insult or a joke but can you imagine if Trump was 20 years younger and could have just been a free and libertine new york socialite queeny dude who's probably asexual but likely leans a bit to dudes? Like, he could just chill out in some penthouse reading fashion magazines and making fun of models he bumped into at parties to his weird friends and he'd never have to do this poo poo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

empty whippet box posted:

I think its pretty safe to say that college football champions are going to be Trump's safest invitees.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

Didn't they rebuild the whole thing from the inside out during the Truman administration?

EDIT: Yes they did. Looks like a decent amount of steel and concrete was involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Reconstruction

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I can't get over this. They didn't even take that poo poo out of the containers. They just dumped the little plastic tubs of sauce into the fancy silverware.

Real people got served a dinner at the real goddamn White House that was less classy than Principal Skinner's platter of steamed hams.

edit: Missed the thunk.

Raised By Birds fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 15, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

This is untrue and the White House has been entirely gutted and entirely rebuilt multiple times over the last century. Other than the furniture in a few rooms, no actual part of the original White House remains aside from the carefully preserved facade.

Google "Bulldozer inside White House" because I'm too lazy to rehost the image right now.

It's been gutted but a lot of the major issues weren't really fixed by Truman it was just replacing them slightly better poo poo that would deal with the same stuff long after him. The problem is still that the ground it's on fuckin sucks, DC is a goddamn swamp hell, and the building in general just kinda blows so filling in a crappy facade with slightly upgraded guts doesn't actually address the issues.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
The man's from New York City and he orders loving Dominos

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

It took me a sec, but nice. :v:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Jaxyon posted:

USPOL Winter: Mr President, this is a McDonald's drive-thru

Thirding this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

Trumps face says “I can’t hold this dump in any longer”.