Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Don't forget scope, no one has ever tried to do a game with this much scope :smug:

Chris Roberts is desperately angling for the industry 'I tried my best' award. The participation trophy is the highest honor bestowed upon only the biggest of brains in the gaming industry.

e- i got not cute pics as my cat is dying I think and just had a vet friend teach me how to scruff her or whatever and administer some cbd via dropper, as he hasn't eaten in 3 days, and boy have I tried every fancy mud bayfood before I gave up and just went with the trusted cbd.

Morphix fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Im hyped for it.

I just wish their co-marketed HOTAS delivered the goods. It’s looks too drat functional and elegant for my tastes.

It just falls so far short of ”the best new HOTAS concept in a decade...”

Just :lol: that this abomination ever made it past the napkin phase...

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Lol I wonder what excuses the true believers will use to dismiss the accomplishments that CD Projekt has made.

also:

They may not have been building CP2077 "in earnest" before that, but they had some creative people who did a lot of thinking about what the game would be like and making plans for what they would do when they had the resources to start actually building a game, so it should totally count as development. Not like Star Citizen, where they spent their first few years collecting and counting all the money they were making and trying to figure out how to set up all their various international companies, and literally nobody there ever thought for a second about the game(s) they were going to make, like, at all.

....oh. Hang on, that one is probably true, isn't it?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Don't forget scope, no one has ever tried to do a game with this much scope :smug:
Neither has CI not G.

To quote Blackadder, that roadmap is the biggest work of fiction since vows of fidelity were added to the French marriage service.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

EvilMerlin posted:

Or... get this... don't go to Hurston. No Hurston, no choo choo

I... what? Did you accidentally quote my post while you were trying to "Nuh-uh" somebody else's post, or are you literally a chat bot that has been trained on Citizenisms? I didn't say anything about trains.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

G0RF posted:

I just wish their co-marketed HOTAS delivered the goods. It’s looks too drat functional and elegant for my tastes.

PS3 controller + M/KB for life

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

lol at Star Citizen boring that guys' kids. Like, my kid could spend hours in a Lego game hub level trying out the different characters. Not actually playing the game: just walking (and flying) around trying poo poo out. Games normally mesmerize kids. But SC has found a way to bore them. It's quite an accomplishment.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/1080147769036341248
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/1075041018809077760

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EvilMerlin posted:

There has been nothing to say otherwise.

PS: Official start date of the Kickstarter: Oct 18, 2012, so not 7 years yet... but getting closer.

:lol: you bought into a game that is being designed away from what you want it to be, bit by bit

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

:lol: you bought into a game that is being designed away from what you want it to be, bit by bit

it's ok, you have to expect a kickstarter campaign will promise everything and deliver nothing

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EvilMerlin posted:

I play it as much as I play elite.

usually every weekend, and usually for a few hours.

Wait you play a boring-rear end four year old game as much as you play upcoming blockbuster AAAA SC? :drat:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Jason Sextro posted:

it's ok, you have to expect a kickstarter campaign will promise everything and deliver nothing

I've backed some known shippables and

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

For the longest time I thought that keyboard on the left side of the picture was somehow attached to the throttle, and it's a real bummer that it isn't if I'm honest

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Beet Wagon posted:

For the longest time I thought that keyboard on the left side of the picture was somehow attached to the throttle, and it's a real bummer that it isn't if I'm honest

hahaha I've seen that image couple times and I assumed the same.

...so I guess the follow-up question is, does that keyboard just sit in your lap while you simpit your life away? Do you buy some sort of swing away laptop holder and clamp the fucker on? I know the answer is "ive thought about this more than the designers ever did" but like how is that the answer.... well I guess it's no wonder the companies not around anymore.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Beet Wagon posted:

I admire your dedication to continuously missing the point.

It's just willful ignorance, but not the hilariously unhinged kind that would make for an entertaining straw man for the thread.

Goon: "A, B, C and D about Star Citizen are awful and a huge warning sign that the project is a scam that will never be finished."

Marlin: "Let me respond to 25% of point B with CIG marketing speak, some vague promise from Chris, and my cold left out on the counter for days take on how Star Citizen is actually an amazing twitch space combat sim. Also, Hitler should have followed the Mediterranean strategy to knock England out of the war, instead of invading the Soviet Union. Then Rommel could have eventually taken over leadership of Germany and used the clean Wehrmacht to change the country from abjectly evil back to somewhat deplorable."

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 15, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

I think that, by far, my favorite part is the weird-shaped ATM keys kind of cantilevered over the top of the throttle-and-half-a-keyboard combo piece. I love how insanely awkward that would be to actually use- every time you punched one of those fuckers you'd knock your whole keyboard over.

Also I like that the "F" key would be on a detached, fourth-or-fifth piece of gear off to one side of this setup, despite being literally the only button you have to press for 90% of the game mechanics.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

colonelwest posted:

Goon: "A, B, C and D about Star Citizen are awful and a huge warning sign that the project is a scam that will never be finished."

There are far more letters than that.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dementropy posted:

:nws: :nws:

The response to the crosspost on r/sc:

Bad Dragon checking in to see if there is enough crazy fandom to support it. Unfortunately they should have targeted an ankh shaped dildo instead since at least the failed scam Kickstarter Garriott is running had some women involved.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Will you be backing Ace Combat 7 this Friday? $60 and I understand it’s actually finished, playable and packing 50 hours of playable content, including 3 in VR if you’re so equipped.

Do you feel the need, the need for speed and cheese? If so, it just might be the cure to what ails you.

Anime Airforce 7 is looking pretty good. Looking forward to the jets geared out in anime girls because that's how I envision a real war today with Japan if it ever happened. Anime jets and schoolgirls with machine guns all the way to the core of the army, where the general or whatever the Japanese version is, is a 11 year old girl who identifies as a 2000 year old Hell demon.

War with Japan would be very depressing for all the involved parties, and the reporters covering it would have a constant :ughh: going on.

The whole world would be "Were winning... but... :chloe: we feel kind of bad about it really.."

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

I don't know about you, but I programmed my cyan Star Citizen logo button to order pizza. The big box pizza. Because there is some serious Star Citizening going on in this basement!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Titanic posted:

Anime Airforce 7 is looking pretty good. Looking forward to the jets geared out in anime girls because that's how I envision a real war today with Japan if it ever happened. Anime jets and schoolgirls with machine guns all the way to the core of the army, where the general or whatever the Japanese version is, is a 11 year old girl who identifies as a 2000 year old Hell demon.

War with Japan would be very depressing for all the involved parties, and the reporters covering it would have a constant :ughh: going on.

The whole world would be "Were winning... but... :chloe: we feel kind of bad about it really.."

Pretty sure the Koreans have more anime girls on their planes/helicopters than the Japanese. :shrug:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

Bad Dragon checking in to see if there is enough crazy fandom to support it. Unfortunately they should have targeted an ankh shaped dildo instead since at least the failed scam Kickstarter Garriott is running had some women involved.

lol BD already made a "turtle" dong, and at least their terrifying sex monstrosity doesn't look like it came out of some nerd's cheeto-clogged 3D printer.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Morphix posted:

hahaha I've seen that image couple times and I assumed the same.

...so I guess the follow-up question is, does that keyboard just sit in your lap while you simpit your life away? Do you buy some sort of swing away laptop holder and clamp the fucker on? I know the answer is "ive thought about this more than the designers ever did" but like how is that the answer.... well I guess it's no wonder the companies not around anymore.

Snap, I thought the exact same thing until I read this.

Taking a closer look, I think the keyboard is meant to replace the throttle as a snap-on, which would have the added effect of reuniting it with its mate. Then you have to do something with the throttle, of course.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/bSXyX0c.gifv

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits
Hey, Virtual Captain, thanks for uploading that episode to the RSS!

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Lol I wonder what excuses the true believers will use to dismiss the accomplishments that CD Projekt has made.

Their expansions are too expensive. :reddit:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

The Titanic posted:

A pilgrim's cross except it is a dildo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pocket catte :kimchi:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

A pilgrim's cross except it is a dildo.

You'd probably be surprised to find out they're one and the same already

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Store Citizer: It sounds like this ain't really the game for you

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

No game? I feel grief.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EvilMerlin posted:

Or... get this... don't go to Hurston. No Hurston, no choo choo

Seriously? Don't go somewhere is your advice?

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Agony Aunt posted:

look man, it's "obvious" you're not a game developer brain, so let me spell it out for you and your brain

when the marketing arm of CIG tells us it's okay to go somehwere, that's where we will go. Until than, you're just spreading fud and hatred. foooooor shame

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Morphix posted:

marketing arm of CIG
This is redundant, they don't have any other arms.

CIG is a marketing department and a couple of Potemkin villages of "programmers" used to fool gullible visitors.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
This link has a reddit embedded video which shows off a glitch that has been happening since 2.0 days. Skip ahead to halfway I think to get the true experience

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/afzqfc/my_freelancer_was_possessed/

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

The only way to win is not to pay but he's no refundian so for him the only way to win is not to play

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Well they did it. After ten years Star Citizen is finally out. Here's what we think: It's pretty
(continue to page 2 for more)

boring.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

AbstractNapper posted:

Well they did it. After ten years Star Citizen is finally out. Here's what we think: It's pretty
(continue to page 2 for more)

boring.

Post has too little space. Star Citizen is full of it.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Even the loving hangars are broken :laffo:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/broken-hangars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Star Citizen: It Starts With Chapter Eleven

Edit:

Star Citizer: It Starts and Ends at Chapter Eleven.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 15, 2019