Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah if The Pokemon Company has commanded Niantic's about move sets, forcing moves not available to a species in the main series to stop spawning in Go, they will never permit Slaking to avoid his gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BGrifter posted:

Rayquaza is what you get when you let your six year old nephew design a legendary Pokémon.

And then your six year old niece paints it with toy makeup.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

BGrifter posted:

Rayquaza is what you get when you let your six year old nephew design a legendary Pokmon.

You say that like Axe-cop-mon would be a bad thing

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

SuperKlaus posted:

Yeah if The Pokemon Company has commanded Niantic's about move sets, forcing moves not available to a species in the main series to stop spawning in Go, they will never permit Slaking to avoid his gimmick.

They got rid of Shedinja's gimmick (read: only thing that makes it useable) though.

~Coxy posted:

And then your six year old niece paints it with toy makeup.

BLACK DAGRON LORD OF THE SKIES DESTROYER OF WORLDS ALSO HE'S A GAL WHOSE SMILE LIGHTS UP THE ROOM

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shedninjas gimmick seems a lot harder to do in Pokemon gos format compared to how they did slaking.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Finally got into a Tyranitar raid tonight and caught an 80% IV absolute unit of a bloke. Boosted him up to 2,459 which makes him one of my best blokes. Plus the walk to the raid hatched an Eevee, which gave me enough to evolve my first Espeon, who started at 2,509.

A Good Day.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Is there an idots guide for what's changed since release, I've been bullied into to playing to get my kids a meltan and a mew.for the switch.
I've got a poo poo load of Aug 16 pidgeys, caterpie and weadles are these jsut trash or worth saving for lucky trades?
Also gym coins if I hold a gym over night do I get coins for the time held before midnight when it gets kicked out in the morning?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

fluppet posted:

Is there an idots guide for what's changed since release, I've been bullied into to playing to get my kids a meltan and a mew.for the switch.
I've got a poo poo load of Aug 16 pidgeys, caterpie and weadles are these jsut trash or worth saving for lucky trades?
Also gym coins if I hold a gym over night do I get coins for the time held before midnight when it gets kicked out in the morning?

You get 1 coin every 10 minutes a pokemon defends a gym. You get the coins when the pokemon is defeated and returns to you. There is a maximum of 50 coins per day you can earn from gym defense (after 8 hours and 20 minutes of defense). If you have a pokemon that has defended a gym continuously for several days, you still only get 50 coins. If you have already earned 50 coins, you get nothing. The clock resets at midnight. You might get 50 coins at 11:59pm and then another 50 coins at 12:01am. If you have several pokemon defending multiple gyms, each of them earn 1 coin every 10 minutes, but the 50 cois per day maximum does not change.

Gyms now have a fixed number of defender slots, 6. Only 1 pokemon of the same species can defend a gym at a time. So only 1 blissey. Different evolutions are allowed, so a blissey and a chansey can defend the same gym. Legendary pokemon cannot defend gyms (except for meltan). You can feed berries to defending pokemon to raise their motivation, earn stardust and a small chance of getting candy for the pokemon you fed.

There are raids now. You get 1 free raid pass per day, but they don't stack. But you can go to 2 free raids in 1 day if use your "yesterday's" pass on the first raid. Raids have tiers, from 1 to 5. Tier 1 and 2 are easily soloable. Tier 3 raids become soloable at around level 30. Tier 4 raids require 2-3 people and Tier 5 raids require 3-6 people.

There is also pvp. You and a friend pick a team of 3 pokemon and then you tap tap tap until one of you wins.

There is also trading. You can trade a pokemon once with a friend to earn cand for that pokemon. If the traded pokemon were caught within 10 km of each other, both players get 1 candy for the pokemon they traded away. At 10-100km, you get 2 candies. Over 100km, you get 3 candies. The stats of the traded pokemon are randomized (but not the level), so trade away your pokemon with lovely stats but high level and your friend might get a really good pokemon. There is a chance that both of the traded pokemon become lucky, which means that they have guaranteed to have at least decent stats and the stardust cost of powering up the pokemon is halved.

There is weather, which affects what pokemon spawn and what level they are on.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Also Mew is the reward for the first research campaign 'A mythical discovery'

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The only way to get the Mew in Lets's Go is to buy the Pokeball Plus. The PoGo one doesn't transfer. (according to the internet)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Too bad mew sucks a gently caress

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Back-to-back 75% Enteis :cool: :suicide:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
800th non shiny articuno for me today kill me

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Dumb question but if someone has a regional I want, and I have a shiny they want, and I'm setting up a time and place for us to meet, and he says he'll just fly over....he's a spoofer, right?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Proooobably a spoofer. Do you care enough for it to matter? I mean, where did you make the trade?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'm probably being overly literal about the game's grammar but the raid boss change news saying "include...Kyogre and Groudon" makes me afraid that the titans and Lati@s will be in the mix or be featured for a few weeks too. Guess we'll see at 1pm today.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Willsun posted:

I'm probably being overly literal about the game's grammar but the raid boss change news saying "include...Kyogre and Groudon" makes me afraid that the titans and Lati@s will be in the mix or be featured for a few weeks too. Guess we'll see at 1pm today.

I'll second that I had the exact same thought.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Shiny Groudon confirmed

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Finally snagged a shiny orange Shellder, he's so pretty!

Also very excited about Groudon rereleasing in about 30 minutes.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

OgreNoah posted:

Finally snagged a shiny orange Shellder, he's so pretty!

Also very excited about Groudon rereleasing in about 30 minutes.

Lucky day for me too. I don't even care that she sucks, Pimp Mode Activate.

Also lol here in SF it's still all heatrans.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I hatched a Shiny Shinx out of a 10k today. Put a 5k in right after. Got a Shiny Sandshrew. My game is broken.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Finally got a shiny Roselia, and immediately evolved it. :hellyeah:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Beachcomber posted:

Lucky day for me too. I don't even care that she sucks, Pimp Mode Activate.

I've been looking for The Don ever since he came out.

No luck :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My top 2 gifts to send are kind of amazing for completely opposite reasons:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Fiannaiocht we hit Ultra Friends tomorrow, do you want to coordinate Lucky Eggs?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

seiferguy posted:

My top 2 gifts to send are kind of amazing for completely opposite reasons:

We have a relatively new Pokestop nearby named American Heroes Plague. It's actually a plaque, but we think someone was being a little cheeky.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Edward IV posted:

I'm not sure if I should feel dirty or if I should feel sorry for the jerk who spent over an hour trying to kick out my CP 2455 Blissey. In my defense, my Bronzong was barely in the gym when it got attacked and the only other person in was there for less than two hours. I try golden razz to keep everyone in but we eventually get kicked out. I then see three low level 30 people go in who's names I don't recognize from the local discord group. Since I was still physically at the gym, I kicked them out without much fuss and put my Blissey in. Almost immediately it gets attacked but I don't see anyone around so I figure it may be a spoofer which would be odd if it were those level 30 guys. Anyways, I stretch out my golden razz usage to keep my Blissey in. This goes on for almost 10 minutes at which point I decide to go to another group of gyms in the hopes of finding some that I can drop my 'mons off to get tomorrow's coin allotment. I manage to find two and then called it a night. All the while I fought to keep my Blissey in as I have over 200 golden razzes that I can burn and the jerk needs to be taught that they can't go around kicking people out of gyms who barely have much time in the gym not expect reprisal. Plus, I was already home and it was trivial to keep an eye on my Blissey at that point.

Now I feel sorry for the poor sap because it looks like they were struggling against that one Blissey. Mind you it's only CP 2455 with Zen Headbutt and Hyper Beam but it got 7 battle victories and it took some time for them to beat it only for me to power it back up. It took so long that that by the time I hit the 10 berry limit it was already half an hour and I could berry them again. After 20 golden razzes and 1 hour 10 minutes, I think they finally gave up. Now I feel both dirty and pity.

In a similar vein, I saw a gym nearby getting attacked yesterday, and noticed the Pokemon had barely been in there 15 minutes. I went around the stops looking for a Cubone research quest (didn't find one), expecting that the attacker would be who I'd expect and sure enough, it was. It's a specific guy in my area who attacks gyms that have barely had Pokemon in for long, and only ones that are within driving range. I went over and took down his Blissey easily enough, and upon returning home, looked like most of the people who were in there earlier got theirs back in. He never attacked back (I assume he'd driven off at that point?), and it was left alone long enough that I got 50 coins today.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I know there's no in-game rules about flipping gyms whenever you want, but man do I hate people that take gyms right back after I clear out day-old defenders. Thanks for the 1 coin, rear end in a top hat! :argh:

e: :holymoley: Wild shiny Plusle! That's two wild shinies in one day!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 15, 2019

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DizzyBum posted:

I know there's no in-game rules about flipping gyms whenever you want, but man do I hate people that take gyms right back after I clear out day-old defenders. Thanks for the 1 coin, rear end in a top hat! :argh:

e: :holymoley: Wild shiny Plusle! That's two wild shinies in one day!

I'm not getting golden razzberries like I used to so I can't troll people that continue to do that as much anymore. It's like, go find another gym where everything is dying so people can get their coin and you get a spot, its not hard.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
just caught my first ever shiny raid boss
just caught my first kyogre

i only did one raid today.

yes i'm having a good day today, how are you?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mesadoram posted:

I've been looking for The Don ever since he came out.

No luck :smith:

Keep shiny checking and your day will come too.

Or not.

Caught like 4 heatran today, but did not manage to get either Groudon or Kyogre.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

gently caress yeah first raid. Terrible IVs but I love him :allears:

edit:

seiferguy posted:

This is the second time they're bringing back Kyogre and all the while we had like what, a week of Rayquaza?

:eng101: Actually, this is the 4th time Kyogre has been back, and the 3rd time for Groudon. Definitely hope they do at least 2 weeks for whenever Ray makes it back into the mix(a month would be cool, Niantic, just saying). I had totally forgotten the Rayquaza window was so short, I'm amazed I got a 100.

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 16, 2019

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Finally caught my first 100% IV Pokemon today!

It's a Numel :(

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!
Just wanted to say thanks to JonoChen and Scrooge (by way of her grandson or whomever is the actual goon) for hitting besties last night so I could pop a lucky egg and blast through level 40. Now for continuing to walk all the mons I have one of for that slow trickle of candy.

:majorminor:

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Already had one person in our local group get their shiny Groudon. Hoping the odds are fairly good, so I can try to do a couple every day since I have leftover passes.

We can trio Groudon, especially if it's sunny or rainy. Kyogre is tough with blizzard.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

My first Kyogre of the event is a 100%, so I'm set on those. Time to focus on Groudons.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Finally got a normal Lugia for my 7 research reward yesterday, and 96IV too so that was nice

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

OgreNoah posted:

My first Kyogre of the event is a 100%, so I'm set on those. Time to focus on Groudons.

You need more Kyogre. Worship the murder whale by putting up a squad of 6 or 12.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
no kyogres or groudons today, but shiny roselia consolation prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Solrock in raids, hell yeah