Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Ohhh

I’m gonna call in The Big Hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

The Breed (2001) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265104/?ref_=nv_sr_3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNtm27ssPug

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

I called in Garden State. I want some Braff hate.

gently caress, I hate that movie. That movie and Elizabethtown can die in a fire.

Invalid Validation posted:

I just remembered a really dumb movie called Exit to Eden, think I’m gonna call that one in if I can remember.

Oh, ewwwww. Yeah, do that one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is tonight the night I finally have to watch Life Itself? Oh joy!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

More like Shits Itself.

lol

Gottem

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
I’ll be trying yet again for Dead Man on Campus. Plenty of “boy did this not age well” material, Mark-Paul trying to shed his “Zack” image, and the first meeting of the Freaks and Geeks/HIMYM cast!!

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is tonight the night I finally have to watch Life Itself? Oh joy!

That's not the episode dropping tomorrow so you could save yourself for another week at least.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Duckula posted:

That's not the episode dropping tomorrow so you could save yourself for another week at least.
Wait, I thought they said it was last week in the Mile 22 episode?

Is tonight the [SUPER SPECIAL SECRET] 400th episode?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Hint: look at what Mile 22 was numbered, and then ask that again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

END ME SCOOB posted:

Hint: look at what Mile 22 was numbered, and then ask that again.
Oh god damnit, do I need to find a way to watch an even shittier movie tonight? lmao

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Oh god damnit, do I need to find a way to watch an even shittier movie tonight? lmao

It's on Netflix (The UK one at least). RIP in advance.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Don’t. Just don’t. WHM is still enjoyable if you haven’t seen the movie they’re talking about (one of its strengths over other similar, but inferior, podcasts). And this movie just isn’t worth it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Since they did my perennial listener request (Cat in the Hat), I requested the 1976 Rob Cohen weirdness "Gold Told Me To".

In 90 minutes it goes from standard police procedural to spectral green vaginas in space. In between, Andy Kaufman (in his first screen role) commits a mass shooting. It is quite the ride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogxuNs9pb3c

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What’s the deadline for requests this year?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Pops Mgee posted:

What’s the deadline for requests this year?

Wednesday at midnight ET.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
2019 gonna be a depressing spiral for Steve Sajdak, noted gambling addict

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I've finally gotten around to putting in a request for Guy Ritchie's Revolver.

The film is an insane mess.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m gonna call in Christmas with the Kranks, you all cool with that?

I’m also contemplating Milk Money. Any thoughts?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I requested this HBO 90's classic:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I hope that what happened last night with the Clemson tigers gives them so much material and so many jokes with Sean Connery

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

No one is going to suggest Book of Henry?

Come on, this HAS to be the year!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Apes-Ma posted:

What are people requesting for Listener Request Month? Almost Forgot about the whole thing.
King Kong ('76)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Man, that was a cathartic episode when we haven't even left the first scene and Eric has already talked about wanting to kill a baby, and it keeps building.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This appears to be one of the times when the movie is disjointed enough they have trouble following a throughline, because I'm like halfway through this ep and I have only a vague idea of what the overall arc of the Love Guru is

Still funny, and I assume they're doing the best they can, like Stephen Colbert and Jim Gaffigan before them

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Mike Meyers completely vanished after this movie right

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Calaveron posted:

Mike Meyers completely vanished after this movie right

I just looked and pretty much, yeah. It's all Shrek shorts until Gong Show after the two-fer of Guru and Inglorious. I swore there was something else. Guess not.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

END ME SCOOB posted:

I just looked and pretty much, yeah. It's all Shrek shorts until Gong Show after the two-fer of Guru and Inglorious. I swore there was something else. Guess not.

I associate this movie with another 2008 bad movie, Don't Mess With The Zohan, so maybe you're thinking of that one

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I managed to successfully avoid seeing The Love Guru for 11 years, but I just changed that to have context for this episode.

That was a very bad decision on my part.

The Love Guru was, no lie, one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was a thoroughly joyless experience from start to finish, an insult to multiple cultures and a career low for all involved.

I hate myself so much for watching that. Please just kill me now :negative:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

END ME SCOOB posted:

He was just in Bohemian Rhapsody, as a fake record executive representing all the record executives who turned down the song Bohemian Rhapsody for being too long and weird. Which is funny, both for his association with the song through Wayne’s World, and was funny in its own right. But yeah, outside of that he’s largely been garbage.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

I remember for a while now every single movie he was releasing was accompanied by a spate of articles claiming how he’s such a professional and a perfectionist and his art is how he makes his peace about his relationship with his dad and just heaps and heaps of piping hot bullshit garbage

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

thrawn527 posted:

He was just in Bohemian Rhapsody, as a fake record executive representing all the record executives who turned down the song Bohemian Rhapsody for being too long and weird. Which is funny, both for his association with the song through Wayne’s World, and was funny in its own right. But yeah, outside of that he’s largely been garbage.

Well, yes, but the point was "he just did not work during that period". Bohemian was after the Gong Show debacle began.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Calaveron posted:

I remember for a while now every single movie he was releasing was accompanied by a spate of articles claiming how he’s such a professional and a perfectionist and his art is how he makes his peace about his relationship with his dad and just heaps and heaps of piping hot bullshit garbage

I mean, it's apparently not bullshit; iirc, Love Guru flipped some sort of switch in him and made him realize "gently caress, okay, I have enough money that I never have to work again, why am I making lovely movies"

So nowadays he basically doesn't say yes to anything unless he really, really loves the idea like Basterds or it's a really easy paycheck like Shrek VA

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I am currently watching The Love Guru to prepare for the 400th episode and I keep reflexively blurting out the words "he believed in this"

I also keep rubbing my face and sighing and moaning

It's just acronyms and book titles and bigotry; this movie is violence

Now they're fighting with piss mops, why would someone do this

He believed in this

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The most shocking thing I learned about The Love Guru from this episode is that it all comes down to a hockey match and that really broke my brain.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Eric's Trump impression in this episode and everyone else's extreme disgust at what he was saying might be the hardest I've laughed at this show

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had no idea hockey was even a thing in the Love Guru.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The vinegar and poo poo smell that Jessica Alba can't resist.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hey I'm getting around to watching the Commandomentary. Is it a commentary of the director's cut or the theatrical cut? I need to know which one to rent off of Amazon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Hey I'm getting around to watching the Commandomentary. Is it a commentary of the director's cut or the theatrical cut? I need to know which one to rent off of Amazon

Theatrical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Thanks