Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'll join up as well. After a couple games it seems fun and easy to pick up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
^^^ EDIT: and welcome to you as well!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm going to short rest at the end of this turn too because these will be my last 2 cards. I feel safe in my current situation. As long as I don't eat a crit I should be fine.

Just to be clear - do you want to Short Rest now or are you going to at the end of the next Round (Round 6)?

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Alright then, lemme at 'em (in due course!)

Welcome aboard!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

With permission from That Italian Guy, I'm going to post a series of Class Breakdowns for the classes which are currently revealed. These are going to be mid to high level overviews of the class, discussing their strengths and weaknesses, comparing them to the other revealed classes, and going over their available and future cards in general terms. I won't be making any build recommendations or anything like that, these aren't intended as class build guides, just as a discussion on the merits and design of the classes themselves. I welcome and encourage comments and questions on these!

I'll start with the Savvas Cragheart, as it is the class I am currently playing in my real life game and it is the class I'm most familiar with.

First, let's just talk lore. Unlike some of the other classes in the game, Craghearts are always of the Savvas race. The Savvas are sort of a mystic elemental race and their culture is very heavily biased towards mastering elemental magic; they actually have a sort of glassed-off viewing area in their chest which grows elemental "cores" as they master an element. In order to actually be a productive member of Savvas society, you must have mastered elemental (fire, earth, air, ice) magic. Craghearts, well, they flunked out of magic school. As a result, they smash open their own chests (you can see the gaping hole in the official Cragheart art above) and exile themselves from wherever the Savvas usually live to go do Cragheart things in the world at large. While in game terms Craghearts both create and consume a lot of Earth magic and some Wind magic, in lore terms Craghearts are just hulking brutes with an affinity for rocks.

Mechanically, Craghearts are tied for the highest HP and second-highest hand size in the game, so they're one of the most generically durable characters; they don't have any innate way to reduce incoming damage, but they won't go down easily and they have the endurance to fight through even the longest scenarios. Craghearts are a close to mid range fighter and control class. They have a mix of melee attacks and relatively short range ranged attacks; it's generally agreed that Craghearts are better at ranged combat than melee but they can still pack a serious punch against any enemies who get too close. Where they truly shine, however, is in battlefield manipulation. Craghearts have the unique ability to create, move, and destroy obstacles on the battlefield. There are restrictions, namely that you cannot create or move an obstacle in such a way that it entirely blocks off a section of the map (no dropping a rock in the only entrance to a room, for example), but Craghearts can manipulate the monster AI in ways no other character can. Placing obstacles in key locations can force monsters to navigate a maze to get to the party, all while the Cragheart and other ranged attackers attack with impunity. Just watch out for Flying and Jumping monsters!

The main drawbacks the Cragheart has are that it is SLOWWWWWW, both initiative-wise and movement-wise. The fastest card the Cragheart has access to is initiative 13, and the next fastest is 29. Most of its initiatives are in the 50+ range. For movement, it has a couple high-distance jumping options, but they are Loss cards, meaning once per scenario. Craghearts use the default move 2 perhaps more than any other character in the game, and they are usually among the last to act in any given round. "I'm going fast -- for me" is a common phrase at my table and is best translated as "if I were any other character I'd be saying 'I'll go in the middle of the round'".

Another drawback is that while the Cragheart is excellent at dealing damage to multiple targets, they can't really compete with a lot of other classes at single target damage output. Of the starting characters, the Brute, Scoundrel, and Mindthief are all better at single target damage. This mostly only comes up in boss scenarios, but enemies do get more HP as the scenario level increases and some of the normal enemies can be pretty beefy. In scenarios with that type of enemy, the Cragheart player may struggle to effectively deal with the bigger enemies and may benefit more from focusing on controlling and killing the less bulky enemies to allow their teammates time to kill the big guys.

At level 1, Craghearts are a mixed fighter with a bit of healing utility added on top. They have arguably the best ranged combat support card in the game in Backup Ammo (which adds an extra target or extra hex to their next 4 ranged attacks with no requirements other than spending a turn not using a different top action to play it), but you can't really play a level 1 Cragheart as pure ranged combat or pure melee combat, you just don't have the depth of options to do so. They have three cards with a heal on them, but don't mistake a Cragheart for a real healer, those are just utility options. The real healers in this game are much better at it.

At higher levels, the Cragheart starts to accumulate a lot more and a lot better options for manipulating obstacles. At level 1, they only have three poor options (the top of Rock Tunnel to destroy an adjacent obstacle with no other benefit than XP, the top of Heaving Swing which can push an enemy into and destroy an obstacle for extra damage, and the bottom of Avalanche to create two obstacles in adjacent spaces with no other benefits than creating Earth). Once they get a couple levels under their belts, though, things get a lot more interesting. They get the ability to punch an obstacle so hard it explodes into an attack against every enemy adjacent to it, they get to pick up and throw an obstacle to attack everything it lands next to, they get to create multiple obstacles at long range to deal true damage to every enemy adjacent to them, and they get to petrify enemies -- turning them into obstacles. In addition to all that, they get better ranged attacks and occasionally better melee attacks.

One thing which I haven't really brought up is that a lot of the Cragheart's cards deal what I call "true damage". In other words, damage which is not part of an Attack and thus does not draw a modifier card. Unlike Attacks, this damage is dealt regardless of how much Shield the target has, and depending on how the ability is worded can even hit Invisible enemies (Invisible enemies cannot be Attacked because Attacks require targets, but the true damage splash of many of the Cragheart's abilities does not target and thus can hit Invisible foes). There are enemies in the game with high innate Shield values but relatively low HP, and the Cragheart is one of the best classes at dealing with them.

Overall, the Cragheart is a versatile and unique character who offers unparalleled battlefield control options as well as rock-solid (if you'll forgive the pun) ranged AOE combat capabilities and a strong melee punch if needed. They're my personal pick for the most fun of the starter characters, although the Scoundrel is a close second.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 15, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The Cragheart's ability to work with obstacles is really fun. While you aren't completely seal an enemy off, being able to set up mini mazes can really help to trivialize melee enemies if the rest of your party also has good ranges attacks. The current party isn't the best for that strategy, unfortunately, but it can still be very useful (and being able to clear a path through obstacles can make some scenarios much easier)

The other neat thing about Cragheart is that Backup Ammunition combines really well worth the Piercing Bow. It's quite possible to take out 4+ high shield low health enemies in a single turn.

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 15, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Just to be clear - do you want to Short Rest now or are you going to at the end of the next Round (Round 6)?

At the end of round 6.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Zurai posted:

Cragheart stuff

Nice! I've linked this breakdown to the "Meet the Heroes" 3rd post itt.

Also I love the fact that the Cragheart is, quite literally, a rock-based living goatsee failson.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I loved my Cragheart. By level 8, however, I was still mostly firing off Attack 3's, which wasn't keeping up so well with the enemies we were encountering. The true damage and obstacle manipulation, however, were phenomenal.

There's a certain enemy coming up with flying, crazy shields, strong ranged attacks, and a ranged retaliate, and I single-handedly killed most of them through true damage because they just don't have many hp.

I wish I could have seen the level 9 card in action, but when it's time to go... Or enhanced more cards.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
One thing to remember when playing the Cragheart is that, even if you're focused on ranged attacks, your tankiness makes throwing rocks and then getting in enemy faces effective. You even have movement that deals damage to those you end adjacent to! Using yourself as an obstacle in conjunction with any you're putting out is also extremely effective.

One of the best things about being able to create obstacles and then use them as weapons against enemies is that you can first block their ability to get where they want to be, and then clear the obstacles out of the party's way. If you work closely with a character who can drop traps (the Tinkerer is your guy in the starting six), it's possible to do things like channeling foes through a single-hex opening that keeps getting trapped, or to allow one or two enemies to close and then force the others to go 6+ hexes out of their way to join the fight. In the rare instance where you're running away from the monsters, dropping obstacles behind you is amazing, too.

Most classes have a few sets of worries: how do you deal with Shield, how do you deal with a high-damage melee foe, how do you deal with a long-ranged attacker, how do you deal with a high hp boss? The Cragheart's only potential weakness is that he doesn't have enough big damage single target attacks to be able to take a boss out in 2-3 turns; a few other characters (like the Scoundrel) can do more than 10 damage to a single foe in a turn should they need to do so. You get some solutions to that problem at higher levels, although they only make you viable against bosses, not supreme. But in addition to doing the thing only you do in a way that's extremely effective, you can also do much of what other characters do, just not quite as well. Arguably the best well-rounded class in the game. The only other problem I can see is that you benefit from a wide variety of items but will have some trouble looting enough to buy them, especially as enhancements can be crazy good for you, too. XP gain is fine although a new player may need to get the hang of element generation and usage to meet the curve.

This is also one of the few classes where you can viably go with the same hand regardless of the scenario and enemies. That, plus its newbie-friendliness, makes a it a good choice for a new player joining a campaign at any point, and you can learn almost all of the basic mechanics playing it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Good point about the lack of high damage single target attacks, I meant to mention that but forgot. I'll edit it into my post.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Zurai posted:

One thing which I haven't really brought up is that a lot of the Cragheart's cards deal what I call "true damage". In other words, damage which is not part of an Attack and thus does not draw a modifier card. Unlike Attacks, this damage is dealt regardless of how much Shield the target has, and depending on how the ability is worded can even hit Invisible enemies (Invisible enemies cannot be Attacked because Attacks require targets, but the true damage splash of many of the Cragheart's abilities does not target and thus can hit Invisible foes). There are enemies in the game with high innate Shield values but relatively low HP, and the Cragheart is one of the best classes at dealing with them.

The downside of that true damage is it's often indiscriminate. The Cragheart is one of the few classes in the game with friendly fire.

I really enjoyed my experience with the class, but I ended up playing heavier into the support side than most. We play in a group of 4 and "Mr. Gneiss" was the only character with more than one heal card at the time.

Afriscipio fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 15, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Afriscipio posted:

"Mr. Gneiss"

A++ name.

I went with Crag Hack because I'm an old school gamer and I am also unoriginal.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Afriscipio posted:

The downside of that true damage is it's often indiscriminate. The Cragheart is one of the few classes in the game with friendly fire.

I really enjoyed my experience with the class, but I ended up playing heavier into the support side than most. We play in a group of 4 and "Mr. Gneiss" was the only character with more than one heal card at the time.

When you retired him, did you declare that there's No More Mr. Gneiss Guy?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zurai posted:

Good point about the lack of high damage single target attacks, I meant to mention that but forgot. I'll edit it into my post.
Yeah it's a weird one, because Craggy doesn't start out behind the curve. If anything, they're way above it, at first - particularly with splashes like Massive Boulder and the invaluable Backup Ammo. Eventually you can get some higher-damage attacks, but they're mostly melee loss cards like Cataclysm or that Level 8 one. The lag started to get really noticeable as I got to 6th or 7th level, when I noticed that Crater and Massive Boulder were still the two best Ranged attacks I had in my deck.

(And I couldn't enhance them because Craggy does not collect money too well, and I needed every penny for my retirement.)

Don't get me wrong, I was still laying down obstacles like a boss, but 2 true damage at a time isn't very much, except against high shield/low hp baddies.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Most Cragheart guides I see miss combining Kinetic Assault's Move 1 Attack 4 top with the bottom of Forceful Storm. If you need to go further than 1 hex you can use boots to turn the move 1 and in to a move 3, and you end up with a turn that is Initiative 19, Move 3, and Attack 6, which is not something the Cragheart can usually pull off. Kinetic Assault does compete with an amazing card at level 4 though, so you'll probably end up going back to grab it at level 5.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Narsham posted:

a few other characters (like the Scoundrel) can do more than 10 damage to a single foe in a turn should they need to do so.

I hit the boss of this scenario for... It was either 24 or 28 damage, in one hit. Either way, great single-target damage, once a scenario (I mean it's not bad damage outside of that one time but it's great once per scenario.)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Scoundrels are the king (queen canonically) of pointing at one guy and just erasing them from the scenario with pure overwhelming damage. A well-played Mindthief might outdamage them over the course of a scenario, but Scoundrels are the absolute ruler of burst damage output.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
At low levels for sure, but have you seen the level 6 Mindthief cards? I don't know what Isaac was on when he made those.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Reik posted:

At low levels for sure, but have you seen the level 6 Mindthief cards? I don't know what Isaac was on when he made those.

Those cards are complete insanity and they're the biggest reason I miss my OG Mindthief.

My build was enhancing the bottom of Empathetic Assault with Bless on the self heal, then using it as often as possible early in the scenario and spamming stamina potions to cram my attack deck full of blessings, then using those cards to chainsaw through enemies.

I also put Wound on the top of Frigid Apparition :getin:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Reik posted:

Those are both great cards, but they don't compete with what the Scoundrel can do at level 1 as far as burst damage and it doesn't exactly get worse for the Scoundrel. Seriously, the Scoundrel has a level 4 card with a conditional 9 damage attack top and a non-loss Move 7 bottom. Like I said, Mindthief is probably better sustained damage, but the Scoundrel can just kill a boss from full health with a lucky hit (and dramatically shorten their lifespan with anything but a very unlucky one).

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

That's not even getting close to what the Scoundrel can manage, either. We can discuss this since the class guides were linked when the thread was picking classes, right? This is purely from class cards: Scoundrel can get a 4x modifier, before a crit. So 8x on a crit. Once a scenario. There are even more shenanigans to stack on top that, but that's definitely a discussion suited more for the main thread.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, everything about the starting classes is non-spoiler material.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zurai posted:

In order to actually be a productive member of Savvas society, you must have mastered elemental (fire, earth, air, ice) magic. Craghearts, well, they flunked out of magic school. As a result, they smash open their own chests (you can see the gaping hole in the official Cragheart art above) and exile themselves from wherever the Savvas usually live to go do Cragheart things in the world at large.

Well, the specific flavor text is "Before a Cragheart is exiled, however, they earn their name by having their chest cavity marred and shattered, forever reminding them of their inadequacy." I always got the impression that that meant that the chest smashing was entirely involuntary.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well, the specific flavor text is "Before a Cragheart is exiled, however, they earn their name by having their chest cavity marred and shattered, forever reminding them of their inadequacy." I always got the impression that that meant that the chest smashing was entirely involuntary.

Yes. Their people clearly don't want to run the risk of the exile being able to do things that the game may reveal to us later but which I can't discuss right now. Those who know from past play will know what I mean almost immediately.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Orders in. There will be much stabbing, hopefully before the boss can move to avoid it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Orders in. There will be much stabbing, hopefully before the boss can move to avoid it.

Orders in. I'm not contributing a ton of damage but that skeleton is going to be stunned so at least he's not a threat this turn.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Barrow Lair, Round 6A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

None!

ROUND REVEAL

Looks like the Boss is tired of spamming Special 1, and has graduated to Special 2 instead. There is only one hex for the new Elite Living Bones to spawn into. Also, we can now see why Living Bones are annoying to fight: Shield+Self Heal is a nasty combo. Our players may be run out of resources if new enemies keep spawning! Luckily, the zombies are even more stationary than usual.

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded6, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 08 with Empathetic Assault and Perverse Edge.

08. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"

"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"
Rocky (Hand3, Discarded6, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 57 with Heaving Swing and Dirt Tornado.

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (archduke.iago) posted:

code:
"HEAVING SWING (57) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH1 - You may push the target into hexes containing obstacles. In each case, destroy the obstacle, the target suffers 2 damage and you gain XP1.
BOT: Round bonus Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round. "

"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"
Bullwinkle (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 27 with Overwhelming Assault and Spare Dagger.

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Zurai) posted:

code:
"OVERWHELMING ASSAULT (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK6 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3 - PUSH2 (Target one adjacent enemy)"

"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :)

Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email! DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Haha I love this poo poo. That skeleton isn't going to be able to heal this turn :fuckoff:

Gonna stun it with the bottom of Perverse Edge then use a basic Attack 2 on the boss.

I'm short resting at the end of this turn and ice will be available so if we somehow manage to kill the boss this turn I can stun something with Frigid Apparition next turn. I'll be making sure to take a damage to protect that card from being lost due to the resting.

We got this!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I'll be using the bottom of Spare Dagger and the top of Overwhelming Assault this turn. I fully expect to draw a curse (or worse, a null) on Overwhelming Assault, but I can't just not take advantage of a chance like this.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Assuming a total net modifier of -1 or greater, it looks like the team's got lethal on the boss this round. You gotta believe in the Heart of the Modifier Cards, Zurai.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Hey, like I said, I can't not take advantage of this opportunity. I'm still very confident that we will come out of this with a victory. If I connect with the big hit this turn we're pretty much home free so it's better to plan for whiffing it. I do have very good follow up options for basically any result, though.

EDIT: And I've submitted my orders. That Italian Guy, I actually realized I should submit a contingency just in case a miracle happened so I sent you a second set of orders immediately after the first, please use the PM marked "revision 1".

I'll be stabbing the boss as much as necessary to kill it, but if we manage to hit it extremely hard before my Overwhelming Assault attack I will be using the non-loss default action instead of the loss action. I've also got a contingency in there just in case the boss dies before my turn although I don't think that's possible. In that case I'll be throwing a dagger at one of the nearby enemies and then moving towards the zombie horde and punting the elite back into the room it just left.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 16, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Barrow Lair, Round 6B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

None!

08. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Living Bones 3(E) for 0 (1base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Generates ICE! Gains 1XP.
Living Bones 3(E) is at 3 HP and is STUNNED.
- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (top as a basic ATK2)! Attacks Bandit Commander (BOSS) for 5 (2base, +1mod +2bonus) damage!
Bandit Commander (BOSS) is at 9 HP.

That STUN was more clutch that it may seem at first. Elite Living Bones have Target3 and a base MOVE4; monster AI dictates that a monster with Target will try to hit as many targets as possible with its attack, meaning that the skellie would have moved to A5(2) and attack Rocky and Master Splinter both.

11. Bandit Commander (BOSS) posted:

Bandit Commander (BOSS) focuses Master Splinter!
Summons Living Corpse 9(E) in hex B1(c)!

As said, only one possible hex for the Summon, so no need to make a choice. If no valid hexes are present (for example, if another zombie was standing in B1(c) already) the Summon will fail!

20. Living Bones 3(E), 9(E) posted:

- Living Bones 3(E) is STUNNED! Loses STUN token.
- Living Bones 9(E) has just been SUMMONED and can't act this Round.

:skeltal:

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Zurai) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Overwhelming Assault (top)! Attacks Bandit Commander (BOSS) for 6 (6base, +0mod) damage!
Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Bandit Commander (BOSS) is at 3 HP.
- Bullwinkle uses Spare Dagger (bot)! Attacks Bandit Commander (BOSS) for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage!
Bandit Commander (BOSS) is at 3 HP.

In a surprising twist on the normal :xcom: expectations, Bullwinkle has managed to land his big hit on the Boss! (...and whiff the finisher). Things are looking good for our party.

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (archduke.iago) posted:

- Rocky uses Heaving Swing (bot)!
Round Bonus active: Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round.
- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (top)! Consumes EARTH! Gains 1XP.
Targets door hex c with the top right hex of the template!
Attacks Bandit Commander (BOSS) for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Bandit Commander (BOSS) is killed!
Attacks Living Bones 9(E) for 2 (3base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Living Bones 9(E) is at 4 HP and is MUDDLED!
Attacks Living Corpse 3 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Living Corpse 3 is at 3 HP and is MUDDLED!
- Backup Ammunition's last trigger! Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
Attacks Living Bones 3(E)with DISADVANTAGE for 1 (3base, -1/+1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Living Bones 3(E) is at 2 HP and is MUDDLED!

Power turn for our Cragheart! When picking an additional target with Backup Ammunition (or any other effect granting +Target), all added effect and conditions of the attack action are also added against the new victim - aside for effects that would grant additional +Target or would hit additional hexes.
archduke.iago, if you do not take a Short Rest at the end of this Round, you'll be forced to take a Long Rest in the following one. Please let me know how you want to proceed! (and if you'd like to reroll any specific lost card)

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter executes a Short Rest! Recovers all discarded cards, loses Perverse Edge!
- ICE is waning.

The Boss is dead and most other immediate threats have been MUDDLED...but there are still A LOT of undead hanging around. Every round spent in a Scenario means +2 Discarded cards, and every rest means +1 Lost instead; all the enemies left hit hard and two of our heroes can only deal damage in melee (for the most part) - meaning that losing card to prevent high damage attacks is a serious possibility.

Active players please provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 17, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:hellyeah:

Priority targets are the two skellies now, then managing to nab the treasure chest somehow while finishing the stragglers, right?

The move 2 card from the zombies didn't have an attack on it, so staying out of their way shouldn't be too much of a problem for the squishies. Getting inside there for the chest might be.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The tricky part is that, to avoid being counter-attacked when you move into melee, you would need to go slow...but going slower than zombies is surprisingly hard!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Well, that went well. We pretty much have this scenario in the bag now. The skeletons are the bigger threat, zombies are actually really easy to outmaneuver. I'm trying to decide between hitting the newly spawned skeleton with some piercing damage or heading over to the zombie horde and stunning the elite while setting up to get the treasure chest and kill the two zombies on the way to it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
:ese:

:fuckoff:

:commissar:

Good work, team!

Sucks to lose Perverse Edge but I have ice now and I can stab something really hard and if it survives it will be stunned at least.

So how do we want to do this? I don't feel safe charging into the room where the most recent skeleton was summoned. I

I could easily finish off the first skeleton unless you guys have a different idea.

Edit: after staring at the map for a bit my initial thought is that we actually move towards the right side of the map and let the skeleton and the corpse chase us. By the time we've cleaned up everything else they should be close behind and we can finish the scenario by killing them last.

I'm completely open to other ideas though.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 17, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

There are three options I'm mulling over:

• Move over to the right side and stun the elite so it doesn't clobber me, setting myself up to dive into the lower room and kill the two enemies there/grab the chest. The risk with this plan is getting swarmed with zombies and losing cards to damage.
  • Step into the doorway and AOE the two enemies here. The risk of getting mauled immediately is lesser since the enemies are muddled, but I can't be sure I'll outspeed the skeleton and it might step up into the doorway, ruining the AOE plan.
  • Prep a piercing attack for the skeleton and either step into the doorway to deliver it or, if it moves first, attack and then move away.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Archduke.iago do you have any thoughts?

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

I think the bones are the greatest threat here, and that we can leave the right side zombies to walk towards us while we clean up this side. I can "guarantee" a kill on the topside skeleton if I can out-speed him and stunning the southern bones is probably good too.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

archduke.iago posted:

I think the bones are the greatest threat here, and that we can leave the right side zombies to walk towards us while we clean up this side. I can "guarantee" a kill on the topside skeleton if I can out-speed him and stunning the southern bones is probably good too.

The Cragheart's strong suit :3:

Also please note that if you do not take a Short Rest at the end of this Round, you'll be forced to take a Long Rest in the following one. Please let me know how you want to proceed! (and if you'd like to reroll any specific lost card) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

archduke.iago posted:

Well I could stun the skeleton in the door but then I get hit by the corpse and IDK what Bullwinkle will be able to do.

I suppose I could jump behind them but that makes my trek back to the right side of the map longer and I'm more likely to exhaust. I don't care if I exhaust during this scenario but I want to contribute as much as I can before that happens.