Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
doesnt look like 72mph to me, but then again i've never ridden in one of these goofy things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

So... Is the speedometer also locked up, or is it correctly holding speed at 72?

https://twitter.com/Andres4Seattle/status/1084895786599514112

everything on the display, including the speedo was locked up

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
disrupting layaway
https://twitter.com/susie_c/status/1084856779828154374

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

also a business model imported from the PRC, iirc

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think the article put this well:

quote:

Afterpay might be best compared to layaway, a service that all but disappeared with the advent of credit cards but has made a recent comeback, allowing shoppers to pay for big purchases in installments over time before actually taking possession of an item. Except with installment payment startups, you get your item now and pay later. And we already have a word for that: debt.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

they invented a credit card?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

fishmech posted:

they invented a credit card?

one weird trick to lend money without being classified as a lender

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
wait until the mobile app developers find out about rent-to-own

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

graph posted:

the smooth, resistive touch, of coby kyros

pls don’t post your Jedi slash fiction in yospos

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
This one weird tip for escaping debt

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ShadowHawk posted:

This one weird tip for escaping debt

there's at least one ad for these in every radio break in the past 4 months

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

Sagebrush posted:

i kinda wanna get a Bird scooter to make into my own. do any of the police auctions around the bay area regularly have them for sale?

i saw some article today about some place where the city had ruled them to be in violation of parking ordinances or something so they impounded all the bird scooters

at this point it would have cost bird more to pay the impound fees than the scooters were worth, so they guy was gonna just buy them all at auction and convert them to personal scooters

so i guess it happens

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1084974375756025856

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
its not quite two vast and trunkless legs of stone but itll do until they get here

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

that won’t last a month

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

wait until the mobile app developers find out about rent-to-own

I think you mean share to own

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

This is crap. I want at least as much thought and engineering put into this as the 10,000 year clock

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hmmm, that guy sounds like a moron. i hope someone smashes it

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

ADINSX posted:

This is crap. I want at least as much thought and engineering put into this as the 10,000 year clock

good news, amazon bought the mountain and will be bringing the low, low engineering standards you're accustomed to!

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

hobbesmaster posted:

that won’t last a month
yeah won't like, sand blow on it

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

ShadowHawk posted:

yeah won't like, sand blow on it
I'd suspect the thing is liable to just loving melt too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru posted:

its not quite two vast and trunkless legs of stone but itll do until they get here

and on the pedestal these words appear:

“hurry boy it’s waiting there for you”

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

and on the pedestal these words appear:

“hurry boy it’s waiting there for you”

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-W2IMQlP4

the section where they predict the rise of 'woke business' is sorta oof

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Jonny 290 posted:

it only becomes remotely profitable if you're ambling around all night in a full sized ford pickup. Lime scooters are literally gasoline fueled

I've seen multiple people throwing scooters into their plywood trailer outside of the Whole Foods here.

there's a corpse of a scooter in front of my building. I should harvest the motor to get some sweet fridge magnets.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1085120848447635456

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

So... Is the speedometer also locked up, or is it correctly holding speed at 72?

screen freezes up. the most reliable way i could freeze my model 3's screen is to use the FM radio tuner for some reason.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/15/18167388/nike-self-lacing-shoes-adapt-bb-smart-bluetooth-app-features-battery-life-price-release-date

I need shoes that require an app and battery.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

screen freezes up. the most reliable way i could freeze my model 3's screen is to use the FM radio tuner for some reason.

Linux is bad at audio

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Nfcknblvbl posted:

save a couple cents on a real antenna, just slap a SDR in there

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

still need the antenna though :thunk:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

your car is broken you should return it and get something not made by a clownshow company run by a child

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Endless Mike posted:

your car is broken you should return it and get something not made by a clownshow company run by a child

THATS A SPICY MEATBALL!!!! no refundo

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

i like evs though, the model 3 is the only one my family fits in at the price. all the other companies like gm and vw have something coming but it's gonna be at least 2 years. i got my model 3 on the 14th last month and put 7,200 miles on it, it's actually a good car.

tesla still sucks as a company though

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
brand new car with a broken radio

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i think you misunderstand, the radio wasn't broken, but using the radio would freeze the entire console, making it impossible to interact with anything

it's actually a good car

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Whenever I listen to Hot 106.1 In the Morning with Big Steve my pacemaker stops working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

i like evs though, the model 3 is the only one my family fits in at the price. all the other companies like gm and vw have something coming but it's gonna be at least 2 years. i got my model 3 on the 14th last month and put 7,200 miles on it, it's actually a good car.

tesla still sucks as a company though

Why are you driving 240 miles a day