Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Ginette Reno posted:

Man, gently caress tongs for things that don't need tongs. If I'm grabbing some pizza or some tortilla chips in a buffet line, I'm just grabbin that poo poo. And if someone wants to ocd about cleanliness they can but I wash my hands dog, you're fine.

I think there was a Curb Your Enthusiasm moment about this in the recent season so I guess I'm partially Larry David.

Well, at any buffet I've been to it doesn't have tongs for pizza, it's that triangular flat scoop thing.

This:

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I don't think painting the Democrats as antisemitic is going to be particularly effective, whether or not they expel Steven King.

It isn't really working on Corbyn, I don't think it'll work much better here

Edit: don't worry about it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Doesn’t he have enough problems to handle without trying to start a civil war in another country?

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Those football players didn't eat all the food AT the White House. They took some home too.

https://twitter.com/MattBockhorst/status/1084973179087585280

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

recognizing the opposition as the legitimate president is probably correct, nobody recognizes maduero's election as legitimate. the oil sanctions, that's more iffy and I don't know what the impact would be.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

He was more good than bad (usual problems of the office itself not withstanding) but imagine how much better the country would be now if he had nailed people to the loving wall for the financial crisis

A longer term analysis of Obama's legacy will be damning from any perspective that isn't ideological/representative.

http://apps.urban.org/features/wealth-inequality-charts/

He oversaw one of the largest sustained periods of destruction of black wealth for any President since FDR. It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the loving over black households saw in terms of their economic prospects 2008-2016. Men lie, women lie, but the numbers don't lie.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Toobly posted:

Those football players didn't eat all the food AT the White House. They took some home too.

Stealing from the government is fine, rich people do it all the time

Stealing from rich people is even more fine

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tibalt posted:

I don't think painting the Dempcrats as antisemitic is going to be particularly effective, whether or not they expel Steven King.

It isn't really working on Corbyn, I don't think it'll work much better here.

It is effective in the UK.

quote:

Over 80 per cent of British Jews believe Labour is too tolerant of anti-Semitism within its ranks, poll finds

quote:

The poll found that 38.53% of Jews would “seriously consider emigrating” if Corbyn became prime minister.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tibalt posted:

it sorta of is, labour would polling way more than 0-3 points over the tories if the media hadn't pulled that bullshit.

Ague Proof posted:

It is effective in the UK.

jews vote the opposite over there so that's just conservatives saying they don't want corbyn. it was weird to find that out i just assumed they'd be labour voters.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tibalt posted:

I don't think painting the Democrats as antisemitic is going to be particularly effective, whether or not they expel Steven King.

All but like two of the Jewish people in congress are democrats. I'd think that would make it a bit difficult.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

selec posted:

A longer term analysis of Obama's legacy will be damning from any perspective that isn't ideological/representative.

He oversaw one of the largest sustained periods of destruction of black wealth for any President since FDR. It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the loving over black households saw in terms of their economic prospects 2008-2016. Men lie, women lie, but the numbers don't lie.

Wasn't most of the reason for this his tolerance of rocket docket foreclosures, most of which rolled up POC homeowners that had been foisted these predatory liar loan mortgages in the first place? They were hosed twice, once when they were told to sign for the loan, and again when they were tossed out of the home they couldn't pay for.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FizFashizzle posted:

She's trash, OP

Not an emptyquote. I was glad to see her go tbh.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Tibalt posted:

Did the author of the Stand say something anti-Semetic, or did you mean Steve King?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Stealing from the government is fine, rich people do it all the time

Stealing from rich people is even more fine

Imagine this being the move you finesse when the guy coaching your team is making 6.75mil off your labor.

We need to radicalize student athletes.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tibalt posted:

America is weird about anti-Semitism due to the almost cult-like fanaticism we give to supporting Israel that frames any criticism of that country as an attack against all Jews...but then turn around and pull some crazy anti-semite stuff against the Jewish people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/MKTWgoldstein/status/1085207385080242181

so far from the Barr confirmation. who knows if he will actually stick by this when/if he gets confirmed, though he strikes me as smarter the whitaker and trump.

It was under Barr's advice and recommendation that Bush pardoned those under investigation for Iran/Contra.

He's an absolute loving moron loser and he'll definitely advise ways for Trump to avoid legal problems by leaking who he needs to pardon to get it done.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the republican party isn't white supremacist. it's just the only white people like it.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1085222820769079298

and it only likes white people.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

selec posted:

you're doing this blatant dishonesty thing that's most common among republicans where you blame obama for the effects of the great recession despite it being a result of the financial crisis that occured under bush ii

you can argue that he dealt with the great recession poorly and be honest; trying to blame him for the impacts of the great recession itself is fox-news level dishonesty

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
All Presidents Are Bad

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chilichimp posted:

It was under Barr's advice and recommendation that Bush pardoned those under investigation for Iran/Contra.

He's an absolute loving moron loser and he'll definitely advise ways for Trump to avoid legal problems by leaking who he needs to pardon to get it done.

Yeah, "poo poo person constantly lies during confirmation" is pretty standard. Don't forget :beer:

E. He could be good, but don't take this confirmation for anything.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 15, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

America is weird about anti-Semitism due to the almost cult-like fanaticism we give to supporting Israel that frames any criticism of that country as an attack against all Jews...but then turn around and pull some crazy anti-semite stuff against the Jewish people.

trump moving the embassy to the jerusalem while him and the gop drove a guy to murder 11 jews in their temple is something that for some reason just dropped out of the discourse.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Toobly posted:

They could maybe try to sell them on eBay or something. I bet there are some chuds who'd pay top dollar for a berder that was in the same room as Trump.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

evilweasel posted:

recognizing the opposition as the legitimate president is probably correct, nobody recognizes maduero's election as legitimate. the oil sanctions, that's more iffy and I don't know what the impact would be.

lol maduero sucks dick but this guy is literally a psychopath who called for the military to do a coup to take over the country and murder any maduero supporters who oppose it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't know if the united states gets to say who has legitimate elections or not.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

reminder: the bushes loathe trump

that someone was a loyal henchman for the bushes doesn't mean he'll be a loyal henchman for trump and may easily mean he won't be

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Before he can do it, Venezuela should recognize Hillary Clinton as the legitimate president of the USA. Then what?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

selec posted:

To dovetail these threads, Obama also gets this treatment, to his benefit.

Farrakhan is by no means any kind of leftist in speech, but you do have to acknowledge that NOI's insistence on self-love*, self-respect* and creating their own institutions* within the community have the effect of modeling leftist theory in reality.

*For men only.

NOI are the proto-hoteps and just as misogynistic.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

sexpig by night posted:

lol maduero sucks dick but this guy is literally a psychopath who called for the military to do a coup to take over the country and murder any maduero supporters who oppose it

He can be best friends with Bolsonaro.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

if the guy is a legitimate president, he's the legitimate president because he's their version of the speaker of the house and the presidency is vacant and so, under venezuelan law, he becomes president. but the important part is that under that same law he's very much just a temporary caretaker: he's required to call elections within 30 days. so recognizing him "as president" is just saying "hold actual elections"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

the republican party isn't white supremacist. it's just the only white people like it.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1085222820769079298

and it only likes white people.

These numbers please me greatly.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

VH4Ever posted:

Wasn't most of the reason for this his tolerance of rocket docket foreclosures, most of which rolled up POC homeowners that had been foisted these predatory liar loan mortgages in the first place? They were hosed twice, once when they were told to sign for the loan, and again when they were tossed out of the home they couldn't pay for.
Obama allowed the foreclosures to proceed despite the rampant fraud. Then his DOJ got a very light settlement out of the banks and it didn’t matter much by that point since people still lost their homes.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

you're doing this blatant dishonesty thing that's most common among republicans where you blame obama for the effects of the great recession despite it being a result of the financial crisis that occured under bush ii

you can argue that he dealt with the great recession poorly and be honest; trying to blame him for the impacts of the great recession itself is fox-news level dishonesty

it is extremely silly and faux-leftist to blame obama for gentrification

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1085229506674216960

selec
Sep 6, 2003

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, I would never assert that Obama caused the recession, only that he failed miserably at responding to it in a way that showed any humanity or regard for his fellow human beings.

He oversaw the largest decrease in black wealth since we started measuring it in these terms. If you have a dispute with the factual nature of that statement, by all means go for it.

He was in office, and had the power to make different choices than he did. Instead of bailing out homeowners or individuals, he listened to his Wall Street advisors, and bailed out banks despite the fact that the banks were the central point of failure that caused the problem in the first place. He rewarded the perpetrators, and punished their victims.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

Obama allowed the foreclosures to proceed despite the rampant fraud. Then his DOJ got a very light settlement out of the banks and it didn’t matter much by that point since people still lost their homes.

Right. I think the biggest example of this was a rocket docket in Florida out of Duval County (Jacksonville) that processed an eye-popping 25 foreclosures an hour!

https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20101011/BUSINESS/801243198

quote:

On Friday, Bank of America announced that it was stopping foreclosures in all 50 states after evidence that employees and lawyers signed documents without verifying them. JP Morgan Chase & Co and Ally Financial have stopped foreclosure proceedings in some states after similar evidence surfaced.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ReidRansom posted:

These numbers please me greatly.

As a white man my read on this is white men are trash.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the media is loving worthless.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Even Literally FOX News called his remarks racist in their app notification.

Who is NBC even supposed to be for?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

CuddleCryptid posted:

Not all of it is almost cult-like fanaticism. A big component is supporting Israel is cult fanaticism. A lot of doomsday Christians believe that when Israel and the Jews get wiped out, Jesus comes back. So they support Israel in order to keep it a target because Jesus can't very well come back if there's no target to hit.

To many people, Israel is Jesus bait. It's a big component as to why so many right wingers support them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

Worse than useless. They're harmful.