Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Imagine Trump sitting at his desk in the Oval Office addressing the nation while eating a Big Mac with ketchup and mustard stains round his mouth and down his shirt front.

:911:

That would never happen

because Big Macs don't have mustard and ketchup, Trump would be encrusted with Special Sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mameluke posted:

Solo's a bad movie, hth

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Iron Crowned posted:

Solo was way too unfocused. There were at least 4 different possibly good movies set up there, and they just smushed them all into one.

I would have much rather had a movie about Han Solo in the Imperial Navy, or even better one that was more focused on the heist, where the raiders were the big bad than either of those being minor elements.

Hell, Han's life on Corellia would have been a much more interesting movie.

I think what you're saying is you wish it was a TV series instead.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Someone should have challenged Trump that he couldn't eat all of that junk in one sitting and his ego wouldn't let him not at least try, probably while tweeting things like "I have the GREATEST digestive system of ANY president!" and "CROOKED HILLARY wouldn't have been able to eat all this REAL AMERICAN FOOD like I am!"

What can we Marty-McFly Trump into doing?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 15, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lycus posted:

I think what you're saying is you wish it was a TV series instead.

I'd be down with that, although I'd much rather see a TV series based on Lando

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rocksicles posted:

Did anyone show up to eat this poo poo?

I haven't seen a photo of it yet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hell, same

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

More pics

https://imgur.com/gallery/UMeIY5Y

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

Solo is the most expensive Star Wars movie ever made because they essentially filmed it twice. Ron Howard only kept 20% of the original footage. Given that, I think it's impressive that the movie is fairly coherent and the worst thing I can say about it is that it's bland. I think Omar from The Wire was supposed to be the original villain.

Also the annoying robot lady was the creator of Killing Eve.

Wasn't it originally a comedy? I want to see that cut. Like, even if it's bad, it would at least hopefully not have all the weird problems Solo did.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's a bunch of college students being given free fast food, of course they're going to be all over that poo poo.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It would be hilarious if the food, being privately paid for rather than as part of a government function, triggered some sort of NCAA gift rule.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So Hulu dropped their own Fyre Festival documentary to gently caress over Netflix. Somebody watch it and tell us if it's good or if we should watch both. I don't want to watch two documentaries on the same thing days apart.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Which one is Armageddon and which one is Deep Impact

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1085205963269963776

https://twitter.com/TomCruise/status/1084964387335618560

McQuarrie's doing both :hellyeah:

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 15, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Mameluke posted:

Solo's a bad movie, hth
Say what you will about the prequels all being unwatchable, at least there were only 3 of them and they only dripped out every few years

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 15, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Fast Luck posted:

Say what you will about the prequels all being unwatchable, at least there were only 3 of them and they only dripped out every few years

There is no loving way Solo is as bad as the prequels.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

There is no loving way Solo is as bad as the prequels.

The Phantom Menace was better.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Solo *is* a prequel

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

less laughter posted:

Solo *is* a prequel

:drat:

Also Rogue One was also a bad prequel. I think all Star Wars prequel-stories are just automatically bad if they have too strong of a plot connection to the originals.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MiddleOne posted:

The Phantom Menace was better.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Solo was a lovely movie but hey Star Wars fans who hate on the other new films because they hate diversity and women like it because it doesn't have that.

Also what are your thoughts on tipping?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

Solo was a lovely movie but hey Star Wars fans who hate on the other new films because they hate diversity and women like it because it doesn't have that.

Also what are your thoughts on tipping?

Tipping? As in the end of a penis? As in circumcision? Well I think it's................good :twisted:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Don't make me summon the spirit of Hbomberguy into this thread.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
X-O should probably revert to the previous thread title. :v:

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
Hm, lucky bastards overseas, Netflix has such recent movies like Solo for them while we in Hungary are stuck with old crap, I grumble, checking the most recent arrivals. Oh hey, Solo, that's ni...

ah

Well, I guess it's the thought that counts, Netflix.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I could be worse, the family could sit down to watch a new Star Wars but it’s actually Salo.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MiddleOne posted:

Don't make me summon the spirit of Hbomberguy into this thread.

I forget what his position on the prequels is sure.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Croatoan posted:

Nah they hate this too because of Kathleen Kennedy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

I forget what his position on the prequels is sure.

He is very strongly pro-prequels but I think he also likes the new movies as well, which is almost unique these days. :v:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

I'm surprised you could see the movie at all with your head so far up your arse.

You get so offended whenever you see anyone put any thought into the media they consume. I honestly don’t get why you post here if it annoys you so much.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
When the topic of Solo first came up I assumed you all were talking about the Mario Van Peebles movie and I was very offended you thought it was bad. That movie/man is a treasure.

From now on I'd appreciate if you use the full title, Solo: A Star Wars Story. TIA

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Inspector 34 posted:

From now on I'd appreciate if you use the full title, Disney’s Solo: A Star Wars Story. TIA

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

see thread title

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Croatoan posted:

So Hulu dropped their own Fyre Festival documentary to gently caress over Netflix. Somebody watch it and tell us if it's good or if we should watch both. I don't want to watch two documentaries on the same thing days apart.

It's really really good and at the end it points out that the other documentary was made by Vice and the PR company that Fyre had hired so if anything it's likely to be the better one

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thread title is missing a comma, what the heck?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I could be worse, the family could sit down to watch a new Star Wars but it’s actually Salo.

I think I'd rather watch Salo again than Phantom Menace.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Netflix is upping their prices by about $2 across the board.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't pay for the Netflix or Prime accounts I use anyway b/c lol family and friends. What is the price even at now? I think it was like 7 or 9 CDN last time I actually was paying for the sub.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

esperterra posted:

I don't pay for the Netflix or Prime accounts I use anyway b/c lol family and friends. What is the price even at now? I think it was like 7 or 9 CDN last time I actually was paying for the sub.

The most expensive tier will go to $16/mo so

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

drat son. good thing you can have so many profiles on it I guess lol

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have the $16/mo one due to 4K streaming. Sharing it with my folks. They don't pay me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

esperterra posted:

I'm sure I saw a headline the other day saying Netflix is going to be clamping down on that. I prefer HBOs "lol who cares" attitude.