Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1085129853509271552

France continues to get more angry. Click through for 40+ pics & videos of french cops being bastards.

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1084837508641378304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

gently caress this guy and the lada he rode in on

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Casimir Radon posted:

Don't worry N4I. I'm going to personally make sure Trump pays for making you insufferable.

I’m too lazy to replace angry with insufferable but pretend I did.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I’m too lazy to replace angry with insufferable but pretend I did.

I got you, dog.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I got you, dog.

Namaste 🙏

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That french riot police thread is loving savage, just a long stream of people getting their faces shot open by "flash balls" which i'm assuming are flash canisters. Wear face masks when you protest pls.

It's a 40mm rubber loving bullet. It's loving insane that they're using this on people.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

aphid_licker posted:

It's a 40mm rubber loving bullet. It's loving insane that they're using this on people.

Its the 2018 version of giving them a taste of grapeshot.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's also a matter that AOC is expected to maintain residency in her NYC district and DC. You know, two of the highest cost of living areas in the east coast at the same time.

It's really programmed into the system what type of people they want.

edit: we used to call the 40mm less-than-lethal things the "Dildo of Doom" and they were banned after like six weeks of being introduced in our area because some loving idiot shot it at a dude and collapsed their ribcage.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

What does it mean to be a mig-15,?

e: beaten, i had to look that poo poo up

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 16, 2019

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Vasudus posted:

edit: we used to call the 40mm less-than-lethal things the "Dildo of Doom" and they were banned after like six weeks of being introduced in our area because some loving idiot shot it at a dude and collapsed their ribcage.

that hurts to think about

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah it’s not that bad. $1400 gets you a studio on the same block as the Russian embassy.

I think people seem to expect to rent a giant apartment or single family home for cheap like buttfuck places that military bases exist in? Being single living in a studio in just about any cool city, DC included wouldn't be bad. :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Keep in mind that AOC would be renting a second residence and hasn't had a manse paid for by Northrop yet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

DoktorLoken posted:

I think people seem to expect to rent a giant apartment or single family home for cheap like buttfuck places that military bases exist in? Being single living in a studio in just about any cool city, DC included wouldn't be bad. :shrug:

Yeah it’s a great place to live for a short period of time.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah it’s not that bad. $1400 gets you a studio on the same block as the Russian embassy.

AOC's problem is that she needs to rent a studio in NYC and DC.

Or just live under her desk which apparently is popular for freshmen congressmen.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

A lot of people here don't know their red recce, gonna need y'all to stay after class for study hall

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

All congressmen and senators should be forced to live in dorms that aren't much better than what a college freshman gets. Might make some of the less public-minded ones to stay far away.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

Not even rubber sometimes. The 80 year old lady that was killed by the police took a metal gas canister(and some glass shards because it was shot through her window) to the face.

Also, Macron's response is to dress up some more austerity as concessions and openly court the nazis:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46878317

quote:

In his letter, the president gives examples of the kind of question he thinks should be answered.

How can we make taxation fairer and more effective? What taxes should be reduced as a priority? Are there public services that could be abolished because they are not cost-effective?

On the issue of democratic representation - a hot topic for yellow-vests - he asks whether blank votes should be counted in elections, and if there should be greater use of referendums.
Image copyright EPA
Image caption Sporadic violence has accompanied some of the protests in recent weeks

Unexpectedly he also raises immigration.

Do you think there should be annual quotas set by parliament? What do you propose in order to respond to the ongoing challenge?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The idea of a grand debate is not that bad in all honesty. Yeah Macron wants to take the country right, but the opportunity for the public to really have a space to come together to discuss and debate how to move forwards as a country is genuinely not a bad idea on its own, and it's certainly worth attempting. It's an opportunity for the whole public to refute his platform if nothing else.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 16, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
remember when every centrist shithead was like MACRON WILL BE OK GUYS DONT WORRY

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

The idea of a grand debate is not that bad in all honesty. Yeah Macron wants to take the country right, but the opportunity for the public to really have a space to come together to discuss and debate how to move forwards as a country is genuinely not a bad idea on its own, and it's certainly worth attempting. It's an opportunity for the whole public to refute his platform if nothing else.
Referendums are loving stupid when being on the losing side of an information war and only serve to give Nazis a platform that elevates their bullshit to seemingly legitimate policy proposals. This one is even worse than usual because Macron patiently waited several months for the Nazis to co-opt people's displeasure and is offering insulting fake concessions for the cost of living/fuel tax/worker's rights crowds and very real concessions to the Nazis that will toooootally not embolden them even further.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1085294035391066112?s=21

:hmmyes:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

It's a good joke.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm perfectly fine with #Woke Corporate Twitter if it causes more rightwingers to throw public tantrums a toddler would be ashamed of.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Somehow "don't be an rear end in a top hat" is a controversial statement nowadays.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

remember when every centrist shithead was like MACRON WILL BE OK GUYS DONT WORRY

Always refresh before posting.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

aphid_licker posted:

Ugh, yea that'd explain the injuries on that page, they're loving vicious. Buncha people losing eyes, getting their teeth and jaws caved in, it's hosed.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1084601953366224903

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm perfectly fine with #Woke Corporate Twitter if it causes more rightwingers to throw public tantrums a toddler would be ashamed of.

When companies do stuff like that I think of it as a weather vane of public opinion. The company itself has no morals but supporting the left makes financial sense due to people with purchasing power.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EBB posted:

Time for a coup :toot:

Hi some of us still have clearances.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the israelis use a silenced 22 as a crowd control weapon lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

When companies do stuff like that I think of it as a weather vane of public opinion. The company itself has no morals but supporting the left makes financial sense due to people with purchasing power.

Yes, exactly. If a corporation that only cares about selling whizzbangs to rubes thinks they can sell more whizzbangs by being #Woke than by being conservative that's a good sign. Probably.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/thistallawkgirl/status/1085250452281835521?s=21

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

Hi some of us still have clearances.

watch it pal or i'll add you on facebook again

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So is Trump basically telling McConnell to block everything until he gets his way?

If so, I just don't see where the gently caress this ends. Both sides are being stubborn and refusing to do any negotiating. Yes, I know the Democrats offered a portion of the 5 billion for things other than the wall, but Trump only wants one thing and the Democrats refuse to give him that one thing, so it's not going to happen anytime soon.

This just really seems to be a case of who is going to bend first. Trump may be concerned about the 2020 election, but if he doesn't get the wall, then people will bitch at him for that, so right now it seems like he has nothing to lose by being stubborn.

I guess I think we're hosed? At first I figured that there's no way I'll go more than one skipped paycheck, but I'm beginning to think it's very possible I could longer than that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do not “both sides” this poo poo. Congress had a clean CR for Trump and he rejected it. Not being complicit in his follow-on tantrum does not make the Democrats part responsible for the mess. The republicans are free to run another vote and override a veto if necessary.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Public polling and voters supports the Dems, so they zero reason to negotiate. The only people left who support Trump care about the wall a whole real much, so he has no reason to budge. And Republicans need Trump voters to show up to vote if they want to maintain control of the Senate in 2020, but many of them are in blue/blue-ish states, so they're trying their best to make their voters forget that they exist.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
well the easy out is for the Republicans to realize this is a losing issue and pass a veto proof bill with zero wall funding but lol McConnell is a coward

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallom posted:

Do not “both sides” this poo poo. Congress had a clean CR for Trump and he rejected it. Not being complicit in his follow-on tantrum does not make the Democrats part responsible for the mess. The republicans are free to run another vote and override a veto if necessary.

ok, but that goes back to my original question-is Trump just having McConnell block everything. nm-psydude answered it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Fallom posted:

This. Also: Trump has both Congress and the Senate, he could've passed this at any time, suddenly he loses the house and its a 'Emergency'

This mess belongs to Trump and the GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I bet the turtle is doing it on his own.