Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Except almost everyone guessed Elsewyr after the Yiffhunter PTS :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

tes6 is going to be in hammerfall so im guessing we're never going back there and that's really all that is left of DC to cover

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I figured it'd be Elsweyr since that's the only province that doesn't really have a zone yet.

Where are you getting TES6 is Hammerfell? I haven't seen anything beyond that little video announcement that TES6 is a thing that will exist.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55495

Bad decisions for Lambert coming soon

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Grand Fromage posted:

I figured it'd be Elsweyr since that's the only province that doesn't really have a zone yet.

Where are you getting TES6 is Hammerfell? I haven't seen anything beyond that little video announcement that TES6 is a thing that will exist.

my rear end mostly

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Some super-sperg put together a semi-coherent theory on the location of TES VI in the comments section of the reveal video.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Helllll yeah necromancer.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Just started playing this for the first time.. having fun so far. It feels like GW2 but with much better content.

Could someone toss @nyclin a guild invite if possible please?

edit: got an invite, thanks

nyclin fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 7, 2019

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

John Murdoch posted:

Of course coincidentally I've also just unlocked the Psijic skills and the one thing my build lacks is active sustain outside of chipping away at the 6000 crown tri-potions I've accrued. Problem is, I'm not sure what to bump for Crushing Weapon...

Uhhh...I'm gonna miss Silver Leash, but Crushing Weapon seems to do a fuckload of damage (not counting the ability to proc the orbs if need be). That said it seems like Alcast's guide has an error in it - best I can research, Deliberation doesn't proc at all on instant cast abilities, so it's useless for his recommended build.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So my magplar is using 5 pieces of julianos (chest, legs, waist, gloves, feet) which leaves room for either willpower + a monster set or another 5 piece set.
I already have willpower so i was thinking of getting a monster set (and i have never used any of my undaunted keys)

What is a good monster set for a magplar, for soloing, questing, etc? The guides online only mention max static dps sets for pushing dps on a target dummy, which is not what i am looking for at all (the name of the 2 sets i have seen recommended escapes me but one of them would project a beam onto an enemy and the other drop a meteor on them?)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Valkyn Skoria, Grothdarr, or Iceheart.

As far as your secondary 5pc set you can do Mother's Sorrow or Spinner's Garments, or Burning Spellweave (good luck getting weapons for BSW).

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Berke Negri posted:

my rear end mostly

It's going to be Skyrim but 2000 years later. It will be the same game only reskinned with new quests and no dragons.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Scyantific posted:

Some super-sperg put together a semi-coherent theory on the location of TES VI in the comments section of the reveal video.

Pfffft, I put together a semi-coherent theory on it being Hick Rock.

I have two predictions, one being High Rock, the other being that Skyrim is still part of the Empire, because of the current real world political events influencing how tolerable those ideas are to young developers.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm totally not mad that I only just noticed there's a 20% boost to all crafting experience in the The Tower part of the champion tree.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
There is?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

there is

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
With every character, I have to devote 75 CP for Treasure Hunter, regardless of whether they need anything in that tree or not. Some of my best set weapon drops have been from simple chests, it loving rules.

snekay
Nov 7, 2007
@Alsha for invite, please.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

snekay posted:

@Alsha for invite, please.

Account not found!

PC, NA?

snekay
Nov 7, 2007

Aramek posted:

Account not found!

PC, NA?

Do you need player name or account? (Account is Snekay, PC/NA). Sorry I was logged out for a few min.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

snekay posted:

Do you need player name or account? (Account is Snekay, PC/NA). Sorry I was logged out for a few min.

I got you, dood

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Picked this up during the holiday sale. Still figuring things out, but I'd appreciate an invite (@Sesquiculus).

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Does anyone know where the event merchants are? They're not in Auridon etc like they were last time and I can't find it in announcements.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Starshark posted:

Does anyone know where the event merchants are? They're not in Auridon etc like they were last time and I can't find it in announcements.

You can pick up a quest from the crown store, I assume it points you in the direction (didnt have time to check).

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Huh. According to this they are in the same spots as last time. Not showing up on my map, guess I'll just have to check it out.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

Huh. According to this they are in the same spots as last time. Not showing up on my map, guess I'll just have to check it out.
I only checked the Glenumbra one last night, but it was in the same spot, just not showing on the map.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Waaaa I swapped out of Vivec forgetting that my character had level 3 campaign contribution please be my support group Thread.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 12, 2019

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
FWIW you could have tier 3 again in like 10 minutes during the event.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Game crashed loading between goon houses. I blame otherval's jumping puzzles, plus it's terribly late, so gnight!

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Mind tossing me an invite? @Jimmyredfoot

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

We're going to the Khajiit homeland my dudes. We're also gettin the Necromancer class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDY-5GjGaE

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are summoner builds good though? I thought they had recently been cratered into the ground?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I hope they add at least one more character slot... I actually don't have a khajiit character yet, and a khajiit necromancer sounds like it would be super fun...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I hope they add at least one more character slot... I actually don't have a khajiit character yet, and a khajiit necromancer sounds like it would be super fun...

They've already said Elsweyr comes with one free character slot, and they're raising the slots by an undetermined number in addition to the free slot.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sweet!

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Expansion looks cool, except still no melee magicka weapons, maybe next year.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Yo, check out the crown store right now if you haven't.

They just put up a lot of one-day deals on random stuff, including a number of discontinued items, and most of it isn't showing up as "featured" right now. Mostly cat or dragon related items, to celebrate the announcements. I just finally picked up the classic Skyrim dragonborn costume!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I jolted down some notes while listening to the twitch steam. Here's some poorly organized info:

Wrathstone patch will be on the PTS next week. The two dungeons are Frostvault & Depths of Malator. Each hold a half of the Wrathstone tablet which you retrieve for Abnur Tharn. He fucks things up when he gets them.

A zone guide. This lists your progress in a zone. What achievements can be earned there. What the next step in the story is and a summery of what's going on there.

The guild trader UI is being revamped. Text search is in at last. Filters and recent search history. Consoles will receive these as well.

They're adding Artifacts to Cyrodiil. These have a zone wide announcement when they spawn and give boosts on par with the Emperor buffs. Only one is coming so far and they'll gauge the reaction to it before adding more. The twist is the artifact is cursed, if you go to long without killing another player, it kills you.

Imperial City will receive its own campaign and it and Cyrodiil will no long share the same map in an effort to improve performance in the zones.

Full trial with dragons. Each boss has a unique hardmode.

Sir Cadwell returns.

The Imperials are invading Elsweyr with a necromancer army and dragons are just loving things up in general.

A thing they bringing up is that this is a year long story. Each patch advances the singular plot.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Looking forward to the new trial, new class and new zone. The guild trader stuff is already pretty good with addons, so is the zone quest guide.

They need to fix their lovely server performances in general - not just in cyro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

New trial alone is worth the price of admission. No more lovely minitrials that get perfected within 2 weeks of release. There' s no way Hodor/MC/Symbolic nail down 4x HMs + Speed + No-Death Sunspire within 3-4 months, it's going to be Thieves Guild patch all over again and it's gonna be fuckin glorious.