Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Samsung is really bad at OS design, and app devs don't want to put in the work to keep up with their constant updates.

Posted from my 600MHz single-core Samsung Smart 3D Plasma Television (that used to have Crunchyroll, but doesn't now)
I do appreciate that my TV has received over a dozen updates in the five years I've owned it though. Imagine if their mobile division had that dedication. :rimshot:

I don't appreciate that mine has been updated to show ads in the menu now. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ranzear posted:

I don't appreciate that mine has been updated to show ads in the menu now. :argh:

I bought a Chromecast. v:v:v
Downside: doesn't autoplay the next episode even though the app itself has a toggle for it.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

No stick device does HDR 4k quite right. Native apps are just so nice. Tizen Plex is better than fire stick Plex ever was too.

Also those ads disappeared now. Enough complaints I guess.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

loving dying at mitsuki just going on this extended metaphor about the true essence of a potato chip

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GUY! GUY! GUY! GUY!

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

That tail wag.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Is Now and Then, Here and There isekai?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i started girls last tour when i was already feeling a melancholy so now im like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdoafPTSQpE

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

i started girls last tour when i was already feeling a melancholy so now im like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdoafPTSQpE

Sharkkey read: https://mangadex.org/manga/33762

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

wow

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

droyer have you seen this

kotobukiya has a new line and theyre pretty neat

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i finished kuromukuro.

that ending felt like it was doing the ol' "let's just jump to the future and show that things are great and everyone is doing what they want to do and then end" but it also felt like it didn't do it that well? because all i could think was "so is there going to be another season or not?"

probably not but they left it a bit more open ended than i'd like tbh.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
anyone else going to the dragonball movie tonight? I'm p. stoked about it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

Saturday for me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Oh man, I want one of those. :eyepop:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Oh man, I want one of those. :eyepop:

:same:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

sunday sunday sunday

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Neat design but i really only buy kits of robots from media i've expereienced. Robots that don't have an attached fiction doesn't really do much for me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

This is a good robot but I'm trying to parse the usefulness of having two forward-mounted cameras that can only cover the forward 120 degree arc.

Actually I guess the gimballed one is like those parking cameras you get in modern cars given how weirdly the torso is shaped.

e; also why would you not post the one with the pile bunker:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 16, 2019

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I'm completely thrown by what actual size it's supposed to be. Some parts suggest 4m tall, others suggest twice that. The proportions are just wonk even for a squatbot.

Yanase does some Frame Arms stuff which gets my attention, but it's mostly bland and narrative-free.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lost Canvas is good, surprisingly funny for a Seiya show

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ditzyflama/status/1085378924270489601?s=21

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ranzear posted:

I'm completely thrown by what actual size it's supposed to be. Some parts suggest 4m tall, others suggest twice that. The proportions are just wonk even for a squatbot.

Yanase does some Frame Arms stuff which gets my attention, but it's mostly bland and narrative-free.

Personally, I'm picturing a reclining cockpit in the torso, due to it being elongated, so yeah; four, five meters tall, give or take.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:kimchi:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am going to blame sharkopath if Dixie never comes back in Renjou.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
username/post

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Thor is fighting Lu Bu in that manga wish there was more chapters available

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

kyuu... :3:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

I am going to blame sharkopath if Dixie never comes back in Renjou.

Im the only other person talking anout it, ill beat you up

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I read it too, and am an experienced ring judge.

I expect a clean fight out of both of you. Watch your control.

Let's begin.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Personally, I'm picturing a reclining cockpit in the torso, due to it being elongated, so yeah; four, five meters tall, give or take.

That leaves basically no room for power source. Also that rifle is way too small for parity (whether it could penetrate its own and thus a likely enemy's armor). The first gun is better but has no apparent ammo supply. There's more going on behind the torso though, so it's hard to tell, but then the legs are super spindly if it gets any more chonk on the body.

The gimballed chest camera would be super handy though. I have a few robit avatars in VRChat (Temjin, Tsugumori in particular) and a big chest protrusion is great for not seeing your own feet or even the next five or six things you'd step on. I think Tsugumori even switches to chest cameras in the finale?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Luv to talk about realistic standards of firepower and armor design in tiny plastic robots

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Every cool looking robot in all fictional media history would be taken out by a single at gun or handheld launcher cause turns out you cant uparmor an extremely large person shaped thing that needs to be flexible as well as a big box on wheels

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My favorite fun part of scale is yhat the zaku machine gun is rapid firing what amounts to modern main battle tank shells and could destroy an entire city block in seconds.

Id rather have that than a dumb laser gun

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Every cool looking robot in all fictional media history would be taken out by a single at gun or handheld launcher cause turns out you cant uparmor an extremely large person shaped thing that needs to be flexible as well as a big box on wheels

That's why they're made of gundanium or have phase shift armor. Duh.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

That's why they're made of gundanium or have phase shift armor. Duh.

What if yoy make the bullets out of anti gundanium

Checkmate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the most realistic anime sci-fi invention is the coffin-style cockpits of ace combat 3 that are impossible to eject from and only made legal because of heartless corporate influence