Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

The Human Crouton posted:

Why isn't this is a building? It has no adjacency bonuses, and the rules for being a building would already include that it is only one per city. Everything they do is such slop.

Use the rules that you already built into the game.

Probably to balance it, by having you remove a potential tile yield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Human Crouton posted:

Why isn't this is a building? It has no adjacency bonuses, and the rules for being a building would already include that it is only one per city. Everything they do is such slop.

Use the rules that you already built into the game.

Everybody has a unique improvement. I'm okay with it.

Sweden isn't exactly transformative like some of the other new ones, but I like any civ that doesn't have to care about themeing. It cold sucks to move paintings around.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

what the gently caress do open-air museums have to do with sweden? also katarina sucks

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

chaosapiant posted:

I’ve never used a build queue in a Civ game. Makes it harder for me to remember what cities are doing because they’re on autopilot.

It makes going wide painful.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Prav posted:

what the gently caress do open-air museums have to do with sweden? also katarina sucks

I mean they were kind of invented here? Admittedly the origin is in Norway, and also way after Kristina's time, but they're definitely a 'swedish thing' as well.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

chaosapiant posted:

I’ve never used a build queue in a Civ game. Makes it harder for me to remember what cities are doing because they’re on autopilot.

In the early to midgame it's mostly unnecessary but in the late game it is absolutely required.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Build queues are useful to me to set up my military. I want to be able to calculate how many units, and of what type I need, and then I set them up in queues.

Without queues, I have to remember or reanalyze my army needs after every unit is built.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Prav posted:

what the gently caress do open-air museums have to do with sweden?

Tbf, what does Sweden have to do with civilization?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mameluke posted:

It says a lot about all the discrete minigamey stuff that a good civ ability is "don't play this minigame"

In Civ V it kinda worked but then in VI they just added so many sub-categories (seriously, gently caress Religious works), and wonky rules about when/how you can shift pieces about (only once every 10 turns and only for full museums) that the "minigame" went from mildly interesting fiddling to being such a pain that we're excited about Katrina being able to just ignore it.

Byzantine posted:

Lutefisk?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Norwegian.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

not exclusively. i think it's originally dutch or something

Byzantine posted:

we've spend like 1000 years going overseas and killing people. if that's not civilized i don't know what is

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Like your computer desk isn't from IKEA.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Sweden is badly designed, Gustavus Adolphus should be their leader and heavy metal concert venues their unique improvement. Comes with Sabaton music dlc.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Tahirovic posted:

Sweden is badly designed, Gustavus Adolphus should be their leader and heavy metal concert venues their unique improvement. Comes with Sabaton music dlc.

Agreed. They should be able to make the “Gothenburg Sound” for culture and your army should have headbanging animations. And Swisgar.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Glass of Milk posted:

Guilty.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Glass of Milk posted:

Bring back Corporations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fhqwhgads posted:

Bring back Corporations.

Absolutely do not. This is the worst post in the thread, maybe on the whole forums.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Borsche69 posted:

Absolutely do not. This is the worst post in the thread, maybe on the whole forums.

Bring back corporations and one of them is Facebook

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Bring back corporations so I can shut them down with State Property again.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fhqwhgads posted:

Bring back Corporations.

A corporation/capitalist victory would make more sense than the current religion one. (The prize for winning is global ecological catastrophe)

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Sid's Sushi getting so big it depopulates the oceans (coastal bonus tiles disappear) would be interesting to see.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Civilization 6 UI.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 18, 2019

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

AHhhahahahahaha.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Firaxis Civ streams is the gift that keeps on giving.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
A lady of the court has heard that the Tokyo Bay Fortress is currently in Tokyo.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Your spy, Xavier, has reported that you are trading with Sumeria.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Your spy, Xavier, has reported that Sumeria are trading with you.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Two reports in one day! Promote this Xavier guy. He's a top class spy.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Your spy, Xavier, has reported that Xavier, Your spy, has increased in rank.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Your Spy, Lysimachus, has reported that Greece is currently plotting against Greece.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i'm normally a IV boi but I feel like putting some time into V. Are there any fun or 'fun' big overhaul mods, or recommended sets of mod civs?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Fuligin posted:

i'm normally a IV boi but I feel like putting some time into V. Are there any fun or 'fun' big overhaul mods, or recommended sets of mod civs?

I enjoy Vox Populi or whatever it's called now. It has a bunch of complexity for complexities sake, but it balances out so much of what makes V a chore to play.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Your Spy, Lysimachus, has reported that Greece is currently plotting against Greece.

Man, I just barely got that. Never heard the name before but I correctly assumed who he was.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Fuligin posted:

The No Quitters mod is intended for multiplayer balance, but I find a lot of the changes-- to fix underpowered civs and trap social policy trees-- also improve the SP experience too.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Fuligin posted:

Have you played V at all? If so then it's fine to get into in it's current state. If not then the Vox Populi recommendation is a good on. And it is complex for complexity's sake, like Cynic Jester mentioned. Still good though, but it's a shame that no mod in V could hit Fall from Heaven levels.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
More like Vox Poopuli

cause it's poo poo

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Poopuli it is, thanks for the suggestions all. Still on the lookout for any standout new civs tho

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Dunno if this is old news or what, but Civ 5 lead designer Jon Shafer's At The Gates game is hitting steam in three days.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Gort posted:

Dunno if this is old news or what, but Civ 5 lead designer Jon Shafer's At The Gates game is hitting steam in three days.

I'm all in on this game. Hopefully there's enough interest so there can be a separate thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Suleiman is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO-arq7h16E