Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes, that is the latest iteration of the comics mock thread, which actually started in YCS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Garrand posted:

This got lost in cartoon chat but-

People make jokes about this one because it sounds doofy but its pretty dark when you actually read the suicide note so TW and all that
The full thing was posted here but the gist of it is that he was struggling to deal with a sexual assault and not getting any kind of support as often happens with men in these situations.

Wow after reading this guy's note, this guy

Spanish Manlove posted:

I just hope his suicide note is less dorky than the one LF dude who asked people to take gender studies courses after he jumped off a bridge.
can go gently caress himself

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Franco is pathetic trash on his best days, so I’m disappointed but not shocked.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm thinking of a different LF dude then, the one that pushed a cop who was breaking up a party or something it was like 10 years ago

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Yes, that is the latest iteration of the comics mock thread, which actually started in YCS

Oh, god, thank you, I missed thise stupid threads. I made friends I still have over making fun of Mookie.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm thinking of a different LF dude then, the one that pushed a cop who was breaking up a party or something it was like 10 years ago

No you don't.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Spanish Manlove posted:

a different goon who also described gender studies in their suicide note? Think hard now on this backpedal.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hogge Wild posted:

No you don't.

My mistake then, sounds like it was just the one.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

El_Elegante posted:

a different goon who also described gender studies in their suicide note? Think hard now on this backpedal.

That’s the one I thought of when he made the first post. Dude went and had some kind of weird fight with the cops, bolted, and then jumped off an overpass while on the run from something that would have been a misdemeanor while leaving behind some kind of weird LF as Hell note. Not sure if it mentioned gender studies but I remember thinking it was terminally online. Would have been in 2012 or 2013.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Its all Thomas Malone/ts12, also had the altercation with the cop. Sounds like the arrest and legal issues weren’t as big a deal as the sexual assault.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a male victim of sexual assault who had a very public suicide scare on these forums. I think you might be one of the worst loving posters on this site Spanish Manlove.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491368

For the delightful fyad thread connecting it all.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Luv 2 blame victims

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and from my admittedly hazy memories of these here forums, you should have taken that women's studies class manlove.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

Right, I forgot it started there. I didn't join until the GBS thread, and for awhile had thought that was the original. Thanks!

Also, making fun of a sexual assault survivor's suicide note is loving disgusting. This isn't some incel who killed a bunch of people. It's an assault survivor, who happened to ask a specific friend in his suicide note to take a gender studies course. A note that was talking about gender because his sexual assault was blown off to the point where he jumped off a loving bridge. I can't imagine thinking that's a funny thing to bring up as a joke, ever, anywhere.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah thats pretty callous. folks killing themselves or feeling that that is the only escape for them is really unfunny.

hogge wilds probations however are pretty hilarious. :discourse:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
You're not wrong. 3 x 6's a day for nearly 2 weeks and still going strong.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Im actually impressed he posts in his posting window before another one hits.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Edit: conversation moved on

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
pal you ok or need to talk? PMs are always open for anyone if you legit are feeling poo poo and need to vent

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It was just a poorly thought-out joke that I removed after realizing it wasn’t even relevant to the discussion anymore. Thanks for the concern though.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
no problem friend, i just had good friends make bad decisions and always would prefer to be available for that sort of thing.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Telsa Cola posted:

Probably carries an egg timer so he can Never Miss a Moment!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
kids and their drat fomo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

jobson groeth posted:

You're not wrong. 3 x 6's a day for nearly 2 weeks and still going strong.

Telsa Cola posted:

El_Elegante posted:

Probably carries an egg timer so he can Never Miss a Moment!

I’d respect the insane dedication to Posting if it weren’t Hogge Wild

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

an elaborate system of scripted HTTP requests to submit posts in the window between sixers

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Eagerly awaiting the qcs thread calling for LAB's removal

Dear Richard,

I am writing you today to discuss the chilling abuse of power demonstrated by one of your mods [...]
In summary, Like A Bird? More like, Like A Tyrant.

Yours,

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Slippery posted:

Dear Richard,

I am writing you today to discuss the chilling abuse of power demonstrated by one of your mods [...]

Yours,

:doh:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Jerry Cotton posted:

I can't believe I googled this but Shadow the Hedgehog is canonically over 50 years old.

can't believe you admitted to having to google it, casual

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Slippery posted:

Dear Richard,

Yours,

So close, but you hosed it up at the goal line

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Who What Now posted:

So close, but you hosed it up at the goal line

what are you talking about, it's a perfectly valid Dear Robert post

e: I still lol'ed though

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’d respect the insane dedication to Posting if it weren’t Hogge Wild

A poster who is going to get two consecutive 100,000 hour bans.

11 years pass, in the 3 minutes before the second one is implemented he logs on to make a post.

"Im gay"

And then he is silenced for another 11 years.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i would respect that post though

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Telsa Cola posted:

A poster who is going to get two consecutive 100,000 hour bans.

11 years pass, in the 3 minutes before the second one is implemented he logs on to make a post.

"Im gay"

And then he is silenced for another 11 years.

respect

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yeah that would require some serious dedication

has anybody ever completed a 100k probation and restarted posting? It's like 11 years so it's not an entirely outlandish concept.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Oh for heavens sake

Well, I guess I should leave humor to the pros...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Its hilarious to me because in his four pages of bans and probations, Literally A Bird has only banned/probed him like... two times. In all those many, many slaps he has received.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Snow Cone Capone posted:

yeah that would require some serious dedication

has anybody ever completed a 100k probation and restarted posting? It's like 11 years so it's not an entirely outlandish concept.

I think that the first 100k probe ended a year or two ago but never found out if they started posting again.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

As a male victim of sexual assault who had a very public suicide scare on these forums. I think you might be one of the worst loving posters on this site Spanish Manlove.

wait what, I assumed for years you were a woman? or did I misread your post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

call center manager posted:

wait what, I assumed for years you were a woman? or did I misread your post?

IIRC, in the thread in question Turtlicious’s fiancé gave some updates using his account after some extremely concerning posts he had made. So maybe that?