Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO YA GOT
This poll is closed.
Patriots & Rams 23 10.36%
Saints & Chiefs 61 27.48%
Patriots & Saints 36 16.22%
Rams & Chiefs 102 45.95%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Antonio Brown is a very good player but also a dumb-dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Nah, he's right. Berets are pretentious.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It’s not a beret it’s an English drivers cap, popularized by Oliver Twist

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/ESanders_10/status/1085637922198511616

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s not a beret it’s an English drivers cap, popularized by Oliver Twist

"Please sir, I want some more yardage"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol Lions

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1085643738825744384?s=19

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the nfl is a neverending merry-go-round of the same lovely retread coordinators getting jobs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Antonio Brown needs the stern, but fair, guidance of Handsome James Garoppolo and Kyle Shanahan, IMO

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

the nfl is a neverending merry-go-round of the same lovely retread coordinators getting jobs

If they fail hard enough they may have to drop down to a positional coach at worst.

Unless you're Toddy Haley and they whole world is like gently caress that guy.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
So 52 Superbowls are in the books.

How many starting quarterbacks have existed in that timeframe?

I can't figure out a way to find that stat.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Spoeank posted:

Antonio Brown needs the stern, but fair, guidance of Handsome James Garoppolo and Kyle Shanahan, IMO

It'll cost you your 1st round pick, which is quite high as usual

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Larch posted:

So 52 Superbowls are in the books.

How many starting quarterbacks have existed in that timeframe?

I can't figure out a way to find that stat.

568 different quarterbacks have started at least 1 game since 1967, 60 different quarterbacks have started in a Superbowl and 32 different quarterbacks have won a Superbowl

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This story is so weird.

https://twitter.com/NancyDillonNYDN/status/1085656944906461184

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

It can happen to you!

Just blame your failure and weakness on someone else, then carry that resentment around like it's a precious treasure, and you too can end up in a bush with a rifle.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Martin could use stand your ground except everyone knows he couldn’t do that as a lineman.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

[img]Steve_buscemi_billy_madison.gif[/img]

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Kind of confused how this counted as a year on his contract when he was completely unable to play in any certain form. If I remember right the Browns had the option pretty much every year to count or not count his suspensions/rehabs toward his deal. Honestly hope they re-up him just so he has that good good insurance. Please go into coaching Shazir.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1085615590683930626

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dude, just enjoy life.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

or, alternatively, don't go into coaching and thus avoid perpetuating the idiotic and dangerous playstyle that got you into this position

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kind of confused how this counted as a year on his contract when he was completely unable to play in any certain form. If I remember right the Browns had the option pretty much every year to count or not count his suspensions/rehabs toward his deal. Honestly hope they re-up him just so he has that good good insurance. Please go into coaching Shazir.

I'd imagine suspension is different than injury if you're referencing Josh Gordon here? And the contract keeps ticking for injury but not for suspension.

But yeah, dude just needs to coach if he can't give up football or rehab in order to live his life. I guess if he knows he'll never play again I'm not really against him trying to get another contract so he can rehab while getting some cash.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shazier is going to will himself back onto the field, even if it's just for a Rudy moment of a single play or whatever. Then it's gonna be a Hollywood movie, and he'll go into coaching or something, but no amount of hand wringing is going to stop his attempt.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah I mean he should retire, but it's super easy positive PR to just sign him and let him rehab and I mean.... if anyone on this planet knows the risks of playing football, it's Shazier.

Hell a guy like that might need the goal in his head to be willing to do the work.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Happier topic: Joey Bosa and Brady chatting

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1085584818270818312?s=09

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

Don't forget 49ers legend Richard Sherman!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It'll cost you your 1st round pick, which is quite high as usual
I think you mean 2nd round pick

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grittybeard posted:

I'd imagine suspension is different than injury if you're referencing Josh Gordon here? And the contract keeps ticking for injury but not for suspension.

But yeah, dude just needs to coach if he can't give up football or rehab in order to live his life. I guess if he knows he'll never play again I'm not really against him trying to get another contract so he can rehab while getting some cash.

I just didn't have another reference point for comparison than Josh Gordon. When we stashed him on IR when he jumped into rehab in 2017 the team had the option somehow to not count that season toward his contact.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

Don't forget 49ers legend Richard Sherman!

I think you mean 2nd round pick

They aren't selling AB for a 2nd when Amari Cooper went for a 1st. You're going to rebut that Cooper is 24, but Cooper isn't Antonio Brown

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

When did Severus Snape get traded to the Chargers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Looking forward to a full year of Joey

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1085615590683930626

They are doing this so he has insurance and can rehab with the team. Bears did the same for Zach Miller who had no chance of playing last season. He'll sign a deal and then be placed on reserve/PUP list.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://mobile.twitter.com/kevincorke/status/1085556623605747713?s=09

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is up there with "log of cock" as the gayest goddamn thing that's ever been posted on this forum.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Crossposting because Lorenzo is just that awesome

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25777133/lorenzo-alexander-re-signs-buffalo-bills%3fplatform=amp

Elephanthead posted:

Martin could use stand your ground except everyone knows he couldn’t do that as a lineman.

Lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:sadwave:

I loved you dumping on gun nuts that one time.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
I know everyone’s excited about Sunday but please keep the poor Foxborough restaurants in your prayers

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

iospace posted:

I loved... uh...that one time you had pink eye.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

cupcake sales unaffected by Touchdown Tom

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Every. Year.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1085679644303609856?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Former Lions player assaults future Lions coach:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/01/16/detroit-lions-beats-up-man-masturbating-daughter-window/2594829002/

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Florida Man gonna Florida Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

the impromptu sandusky interview.