Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Oh man. The Malibu Mortal Kombat comics are a trip. Have fun with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Darthemed posted:

Mortal Kombat: Goro, Prince of Pain #2 (1994)

Hmm... no visible eyes and feet... huge guns and muscles... tiny head... seems like a genuine Liefeld.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gavok posted:

Oh man. The Malibu Mortal Kombat comics are a trip. Have fun with that.

More crazy than sagat scalping ken in their street fighter comic?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Darthemed posted:

Mortal Kombat: Goro, Prince of Pain #1 (1994)

If getting vaporized by a bird is easing the transition, I'd hate to see the hard way...

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Wait, what...?

EDIT - Ok, I just googled and... What?!

"Ken! My Oldest Friend! NOO!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That sure is a gun of Leifeldian proportion and perspective. The 90s were a hell of a time.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Darthemed posted:

Needs more pouches.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Monaghan posted:

Nothing quite that level, but it's still a total mess with a handful of genuinely good moments. It's one of those weird tie-ins where they try to sketch out the mythology before the canon stuff has been able to figure itself out, like the Marvel Star Wars comics or NOW's Terminator stuff.

Dog_Meat posted:

Wait, what...?

EDIT - Ok, I just googled and... What?!

"Ken! My Oldest Friend! NOO!"

Fun fact: That scene got them cancelled because Capcom was pissed. But it did last long enough to have Street Fighter's first ever crossover as E. Honda fought Malibu Comics superhero the Ferret!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Gavok posted:

Fun fact: That scene got them cancelled because Capcom was pissed. But it did last long enough to have Street Fighter's first ever crossover as E. Honda fought Malibu Comics superhero the Ferret!

Can't say I blame them. That was just... bad.

Also, impromptu makeout session between Ryu and Chun-Li, who've never once shown an ounce of romantic interest in, well, anyone.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gavok posted:

Most embarrassing to Honda!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Darthemed posted:

That's a wicked cool NERF gun. Look at all those darts!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gavok posted:

Nothing quite that level, but it's still a total mess with a handful of genuinely good moments. It's one of those weird tie-ins where they try to sketch out the mythology before the canon stuff has been able to figure itself out, like the Marvel Star Wars comics or NOW's Terminator stuff.

I bought that book when I was like 6 or something and it was one of the most "what the gently caress" moments of my young life.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Wait, is the crow called "Rook"? Because that's like naming my dog "Coyote".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Random Stranger posted:

Wait, is the crow called "Rook"? Because that's like naming my dog "Coyote".

That's not that weird a dog name. I've met cats named Leo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

That's not that weird a dog name. I've met cats named Leo.

I'm sure there have been a million goldfish named Jaws.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They call me “man”

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I know a couple of people named Guy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ghostlight posted:

I know a couple of people named Guy.

Guy was a name before it just meant "human male." I believe it started being slang for idiot after Guy Fawkes failed to blow up parliament, and then migrated definitions.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Can't say I blame them. That was just... bad.

Also, impromptu makeout session between Ryu and Chun-Li, who've never once shown an ounce of romantic interest in, well, anyone.

I saw some liquor store boner pills that say otherwise.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skwirl posted:

Guy was a name before it just meant "human male." I believe it started being slang for idiot after Guy Fawkes failed to blow up parliament, and then migrated definitions.
I just checked and it turns out you're right that the people featured in my joke were all born before 1847.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Calaveron posted:

They call me “man”

It takes too long to say "Hey there, miserable pile of secrets" though

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"ugly bag of mostly water"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lobok posted:

I'm sure there have been a million goldfish named Jaws.

Sure, but how many are named "Koi"? Rooks are a different species of corvids than crows or ravens, not a name or another term for "crow" For a person, it would be like naming someone Neanderthal.

Which now that I think about it, isn't that bad of name.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

maybe it's short for rookie

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Darthemed posted:

Mortal Kombat: Goro, Prince of Pain #1 (1994)

I like to imagine Rook had something else in mind until he got called a raven.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It’s short for Rookard

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Darthemed posted:

THAT TINY HEAD

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

It’s short for Rookard

His real name is Roagar Okagon

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Actually it's Frank Castle

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Quantum and Woody #1

Quantum and Woody #2

The series is about two brothers who get their powers from these special bracelets, but they have to clang them together once every 24 hours or they'll die. In the latest run, they get in a huge fight and go their separate ways.

The argument had to do with the discovery that Woody's biological father is still alive. Later, Woody is blackmailed into working for some criminals and they explain that they have his father. Woody wants proof.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Quantum and Woody are the best. Well, I mean they're actually the worst superheroes ever, but they're still the best.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

X-O posted:

Quantum and Woody are the best. Well, I mean they're actually the worst superheroes ever, but they're still the best.

Priest kicks rear end.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

prefect posted:

Priest kicks rear end.

The new stuff is actually better than the original.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Claudio Sanchez: carefully crafted prog rock, names off the top of his head.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

chitoryu12 posted:

Claudio Sanchez: carefully crafted prog rock, names off the top of his head.

Everyone around Wilhelm is just waiting for that dude to yell so they can all rush to make the same joke.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The sensational character find of 1992!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

The sensational character find of 1992!

Is she a motorcycle centaur?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrMbkbTPrPA&t=64s

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

She's no Ruby Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I wonder if the pinball table came first? https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=476

edit: it did