Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Given the state of Badrid, I'd assume they would want to bring Rodriguez back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Brony Car posted:

Is Gerrard in charge of transfers there? I keep thinking about things he has said in the past like this and it makes me fear for his future as a manager.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/10/joe-cole-messi-gerrard-liverpool

Given that Liverpool are inevitably going to give him the keys to the club at some point, I hope he's showing signs of decent judgment at Rangers.

Rangers got City’s Academy director in as a Director of Footbll season before last and he’s in charge of transfers.

So far he’s done a brilliant job.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Higuain was the only player missing from the team photo that Milan took this morning before the Supercoppa match, so he's all but already hosed off to Chelsea. Enjoy.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Higuain was the only player missing from the team photo that Milan took this morning before the Supercoppa match, so he's all but already hosed off to Chelsea. Enjoy.

Maybe the photographer didn't have a 28mm lens handy.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Chelsea will ruin him.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Chelsea will ruin him.

They're too late for that.

So it sounds like Mandzukic might miss the rest of the season if he ends up needing surgery for this thigh injury he picked up this week. I honestly wonder if Juve would consider recalling Higuain.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Chelsea will ruin him.

You’re right the food in England is terrible

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bundy posted:

Maybe the photographer didn't have a 28mm lens handy.

:newlol:

The official excuse is he's got a "fever" lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

:newlol:

The official excuse is he's got a "fever" lol

*sweats in carbonara*

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

he's got a "fever" lol

The only prescription is more babybel

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bundy posted:

The only prescription is more babybel

Please stop.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Please stop.

I can't tell if you're whooshing here or just being a dick, either way kindly gently caress off, you're not the mod of me

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bundy posted:

I can't tell if you're whooshing here or just being a dick, either way kindly gently caress off, you're not the mod of me

Idgi

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Interestingly enough, now hes chelsea bound gonzalo higuain is in fact an anagram of nazi goal iguana

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

So is this why Piątek to Milan has been doing the rounds in our papers this morning?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Interestingly enough, now hes chelsea bound gonzalo higuain is in fact an anagram of nazi goal iguana

a goal iguana is a huge upgrade on our goal sloths

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mackintosh posted:

So is this why Piątek to Milan has been doing the rounds in our papers this morning?

Yes

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It was an extremely bad play on the cowbell SNL skit when Walken says "I've got a fever..."

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bundy posted:

It was an extremely bad play on the cowbell SNL skit when Walken says "I've got a fever..."

Yes, you've been on an insanely bad run of puns and need to be stopped.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sorry for trying to be funny in the super serious confines of a nearly dead football subforum of a comedy website, dad

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It would be ok if your jokes were occasionally funny

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Lot of places reporting that Juve and Chelsea agreed to the Higuain loan, with performance clauses that would auto trigger another full season loan next year.

And Morata is headed to Atleti. So there's a pretty good joke for the thread.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
According to Ornstein, Emery has told Ozil that it would be better if he left Arsenal, and Ozil doesn’t want to leave because he’s making all of the money.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

According to Ornstein, Emery has told Ozil that it would be better if he left Arsenal, and Ozil doesn’t want to leave because he’s making all of the money.
If this is true and I was an Arsenal fan I'd be justifiably annoyed at him, but in all honesty I have a lot of respect for people that follow the Winston Bogarde philosophy of life.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Mousa Dembele to Guangzhou for £11M is a done deal. Good for all parties, Dembele was undroppable a couple of seasons ago but injuries took their toll.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Mousa Dembele to Guangzhou for £11M is a done deal. Good for all parties, Dembele was undroppable a couple of seasons ago but injuries took their toll.

They also did a pretty positive send off for him on most of the club social media. I can't really remember another player doing essentially an exit interview like that

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Rumors now that Spurs are signing Giuseppe Rossi

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

:thunk:

I don't think this is going to work out to well for either party.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
For some reason i thought Rossi was a lot older than 31. Feels like hes been around for ages

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It's almost as if Spurs saw Chelsea bringing in a washed up forward from Italy and thought, nope we can do worse.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rossi is very much in the bracket of "what could have been" because he was so good up until the injuries started mounting up.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Apparently he has been training with United for the past few weeks but they said they aren’t looking to sign him.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

For some reason i thought Rossi was a lot older than 31. Feels like hes been around for ages

He’s 71 if you count his knees

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Remember when Giuseppe Rossi played for Newcastle and SAF got mad as hell that Roeder wasn’t playing him?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Double post

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Remember when Giuseppe Rossi played for Newcastle and SAF got mad as hell that Roeder wasn’t playing him?

Rossi probably should have played more, that Newcastle team was insanely bad.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Rossi probably should have played more, that Newcastle team was insanely bad.

He was kept out of the team by an absolute legend, Antoine Sibierski.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Oh... The reason I thought he was older is because I'm confusing him with Danielle De Rossi because jfc

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Gorn Myson posted:

If this is true and I was an Arsenal fan I'd be justifiably annoyed at him, but in all honesty I have a lot of respect for people that follow the Winston Bogarde philosophy of life.

I mean he was playing like poo poo then stepped up just before be got that ridiculous deal and has gone back to being bad so it's pretty believable. No way does he get anything like what he's on anywhere else in the world based on his last 2 season's performances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

trem_two posted:

is it January 2011 all over again?

Kiko Casilla to Leeds is also a done deal