Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Araenna posted:

As someone from upstate NY, none of that sounds really odd. Especially lmao at being confused by a dead deer

I guess I was reserving judgement on that because “upstate NY” has wildly varying definitions depending on who you ask. I had to pass on a job recently because, due to this exact misunderstanding, I was told (by the NYC-based rep) that the training would be “local.” It was seven and a half-ish hours south. Even after I explained that the nearest train station was roughly half that distance away, he didn’t seem to believe me.

Here though? yeah, no one would be phased by a deer carcass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Poke with a stick you wuss.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
I dunno if you goons are just stupid, or whatever, but the runner finding a secret cabin obviously found a state's evidence turncoat secret house.
. The suits are police and the regular guy is a witness for some kind of high profile criminal case

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

burial posted:

I guess I was reserving judgement on that because “upstate NY” has wildly varying definitions depending on who you ask. I had to pass on a job recently because, due to this exact misunderstanding, I was told (by the NYC-based rep) that the training would be “local.” It was seven and a half-ish hours south. Even after I explained that the nearest train station was roughly half that distance away, he didn’t seem to believe me.

Here though? yeah, no one would be phased by a deer carcass.

True, but most anywhere people are going to call Upstate probably has secluded wooded areas for homeless people to camp/teenagers to hang out, and deer in those woods. At least most of it I've seen. I guess he could be down in Yonkers or some poo poo though. People have weird definitions of upstate for sure.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Deer goon. Go buy a trail cam, find a secluded spot in the woods, and place said cam. Then cut your dick off and place it in view of the camera. Come back two weeks later and retrieve the camera and learn about the circle of life.

Jesus Christ have you never been outside?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I bet dollars to donuts this guy was a long island implant

There are about a million deer on long island.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

WampaLord posted:

Trail running goon, did you not have your phone on you the entire time? Running alone in the woods without a phone seems unwise.

And if you did have it on you, then how could they bug your phone? *taps head*

Also who still has a landline?

If you read the story, you'd see that he didn't take his phone because it didn't get service in the remote area he was in. He lamented the fact since he wanted to get pictures of the location.

Some other goon that worked in government mentioned that he suspected his phone was tapped/bugged/monitored and it started to heat up randomly. You don't really need to have someone's device to start spying on them.

Also, landlines are awesome and you're dumb if you don't have a secondary means of communication besides your electronic leash. That being said, the only people who call mine are my lovely inlaws and random scammers or robocallers.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Odd posted:

I dunno if you goons are just stupid, or whatever, but the runner finding a secret cabin obviously found a state's evidence turncoat secret house.
. The suits are police and the regular guy is a witness for some kind of high profile criminal case

TBH, I don't think most goons get outside too often.

If it doesn't have a DnD campaign or a comic book reference they'll just assume it's fake.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rad-daddio posted:

If you read the story, you'd see that he didn't take his phone because it didn't get service in the remote area he was in. He lamented the fact since he wanted to get pictures of the location.

That makes even less sense, you don't need service for the camera to take and save pictures

Also, running in isolated areas without having a phone still sounds like a bad idea! I know the 6 ounces of a smartphone are a ton of weight and would clearly slow down and injure most runners, but it's probably a good idea to keep it on you!

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 17, 2019

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

That makes even less sense, you don't need service for the camera to take and save pictures

ya and you can just turn it in airplane mode so it stops hunting for cell signal (or turn it off, to preserve battery).

going into the woods more than a couple miles without a phone, radio, or gun is about the dumbest thing you can possibly do in the woods.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

WampaLord posted:

Also, running in isolated areas without having a phone still sounds like a bad idea! I know the 6 ounces of a smartphone are a ton of weight and would clearly slow down and injure most runners, but it's probably a good idea to keep it on you!

As a trail running goon, I've had luck sending out text messages while in areas with no service. Somehow, the text is able to make it out easier than a phone call.

...that, and if I end up falling and dying it'll be easier for them to find my desiccated corpse via my cell phone triangulation er whatever.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

soy posted:

ya and you can just turn it in airplane mode so it stops hunting for cell signal (or turn it off, to preserve battery).

going into the woods more than a couple miles without a phone, radio, or gun is about the dumbest thing you can possibly do in the woods.

Gonna shoot up all the bears and banjo players, then talk with my jo bud on the walkie.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rad-daddio posted:

As a trail running goon, I've had luck sending out text messages while in areas with no service. Somehow, the text is able to make it out easier than a phone call.

...that, and if I end up falling and dying it'll be easier for them to find my desiccated corpse via my cell phone triangulation er whatever.

The reason a txt msg is so short is because it piggybacks on the basic "here I am" that cell phones use to find towers to connect to. That packet is extremely small, and much more likely to survive to make it to a tower than anything your phone would consider a usable signal.

Also, your phones GPS should work, signal or no signal.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

RFC2324 posted:

The reason a txt msg is so short is because it piggybacks on the basic "here I am" that cell phones use to find towers to connect to. That packet is extremely small, and much more likely to survive to make it to a tower than anything your phone would consider a usable signal.

Good point.

I never use my phone GPS out on a run. I guess if I ever got really turned around it'd help.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

This is particularly useful when you're overseas

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rad-daddio posted:

Good point.

I never use my phone GPS out on a run. I guess if I ever got really turned around it'd help.

I never turn mine off. I don't want google or facebook to get worried about where i am

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

RFC2324 posted:

I never turn mine off. I don't want google or facebook to get worried about where i am

It's OK, they don't need GPS to track you, just basic cell tower infrastructure is good enough!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
deer goon really missed a chance to become a powerful druid. Better luck next time I guess.
e: lol remember that goon who said a deer sucked him off once

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Adulterous goon has sent in another update

quote:

Married(separated) cheater goon here.

Things are somewhat stable now. My wife and I are separated. She wants to do couples therapy, but I'm not really down with it. Mainly, because she freaked out and started contacting everyone I know to tell them I'm a cheating rear end in a top hat. She called the middle school I volunteer at, she called our married friends and she also called my work but the owners already knew because I was staying in their guest house and I'd told them everything. She's been sending me a frightening amount of texts; they vary from "lets get back together", all the way to "gonna destroy you and everything you love". I know she's mad, she has every right to be. But, she's starting to act a little unhinged. I'm worried for my boys. I can tell there's tension and my oldest has become a sort of surrogate parent to my youngest. Oddly, since I have to schedule time to see them, I actually see them more now than when I lived at the house. I don't know what'll happen with custody. I still need to get a place of my own.

I've been staying with hot office girl off and on at her place. She wants me to move all the way in with her, but her place is tiny and I don't want to get complacent and just end up living there out of convince. If there is a relationship to be had with her, I don't want to force it just because we're cohabiting. Oddly enough, most of the sex toys from her bottom bedside drawer are gone now. I don't know if it was just stuff that her ex was into, but now that we're getting more comfortable with each other I'm glad that giant strap on went somewhere else. But, besides all the outside friction, we're still getting along great. Once everything settles down with my life, I'll have a better picture of what a long term relationship with her would look like.

She had some contact with my wife via phone and text, but it was basically just a once sided event where my wife called her a slut and a whore over and over until she ended up crying. I feel bad, because I was the cheater. Hot office girl was unattached(save for her lovely BF) when we started hooking up.

Finances are weird right now too. Since we live in a high cost of living area, I've still been paying for everything related to the house and expenses. My wife can't swing that on her own, and I told her that I was planning on doing that for the foreseeable future. I'm sure I'll get destroyed in the divorce, so she'll probably keep the house. I'm okay with that. My boys need some stability in all of this.

I feel like this is a more predictable response from your wife than the one from the last post; she probably needed some time for it to sink in and is in the Anger stage (and also Bargaining?) of coping now

You honestly seem ok with your divorce (which is as I expected) and are taking everything else suitably slow, so I don't really have much more feedback than that, thanks for updating us

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Her sex toys are at her new boyfriend's house.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

Her sex toys are at her new boyfriend's house.

hahaha! Yep.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

The sex toys are at your wife's house and she's lashing out so you won't think of that possibility.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

The sex toys are at your wife's house and she's lashing out so you won't think of that possibility.

The acting out is just a front. ex wife and hot office girl are doing it on the dl.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

when she says she’s going to destroy you she means with the strap on

which is obviously at her house, since she’s loving office girl

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

One of our two divorce goons (not the one with the hot daddy-issues coworker, the other one) has an update

quote:

Sorry, I realize these are some of the more dull fare of the thread, but they help me.

So previously, a little over two weeks ago, my ex called me up out of the blue to talk about various poo poo, then suddenly asked if I was attached, letting me know she was. She also was rejected for a permanent visa, etc. etc, it's further back if anyone really needs the details. I emailed her some info on alternate routes to that visa and took the advice of the thread to just let it go at that. I made no effort to contact her.

Sunday night, I got a call again. Voice call, just like last time. She and her roommate were out at a popular night spot, looking for an adult shop to buy a plus-size corset for her roommate (I know the roommate and could clearly hear her complaining about sizes). A little background info, our relationship was very sexual, and she liked toys and very light bondage, so it wasn't unusual for me to pay a visit to adult shops a few times a month.

She asked me if there were any shops I could recommend. I was taken off guard, so I just told her the names of the ones I usually went to, and she thanked me and hung up. I returned to what I was doing and eventually went to sleep.

The next day, I guess I started missing her, so I sent her a text asking if she found any of the places I told her. She said no, just the ones on the street they were on. She then asked me about how my son was doing. I told her fine, and she told me about the trouble her son was having since she left the apartment. I assured her he would adapt, and the conversation continued normally. I was careful not to reply too often, but her replies were near instant, telling me she was focused on the conversation, as she doesn't leave notifications turned on.

I wanted to end it for the day, so I said I needed to get to the gym and I'd probably be out most of the night. She said it was cool, and that she had to go meet her boyfriend anyway. I told her to have a good night and that was that.

I'm prone to overthinking things, but two voice calls to an ex of 7 months who hasn't contacted you in any way, shape or form is odd enough, but for one of those calls to be about finding a sex shop? I can't help but feel like she is calling back to a very intense part of our relationship on purpose. After all, she could have just Googled those places easily enough, or asked her own boyfriend about them.

I don't have a very broad history with women, so maybe this is more normal than I am giving it credit for, but it just seems odd to me and I can't figure out what her goal here is. If she wants me back, why the reminders about a boyfriend? If she doesn't, why is she calling me about goddamn adult shops? Is there something I'm expected to be doing here?

It doesn't help that the girl I was seeing has kind of fizzled out. The timing really is remarkable. She called like, 20 minutes after I told the other girl that it wasn't working out for me and that we probably won't be seeing each other anymore. And no, the two have no way of knowing one another, so it is just an unfortunate coincidence.

I guess I need some advice, and to hear some ideas about what might be going through my exes mind here. I have my own ideas, but I fear they are tainted by what I both want and do not want. An uninvolved third party is much more reliable here.

I can certainly tell you that I would be very uncomfortable with this call having taken place if I were her new boyfriend

Honestly the breakups I've had in my life have been hilariously final (:sever: amirite???) so my experience w/r/t ex stuff is comparatively light

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Quit answering the phone when she calls.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, unless I still had a close relationship with an ex, I'd be really creeped out with them calling me 6 months later asking about sex shops. Also, she keeps mentioning having a boyfriend because she wants to make you jealous. Did she say she had a boyfriend after you said you were dating someone? If so, I'm willing bet if you said you weren't dating anyone that she would have said she wasn't either.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah she’s playing some games, either because she misses some aspect of the relationship or because she enjoys twisting you around. Either way, you broke up for a reason and you should stop answering the phone. It can take a while to recover from a failed relationship and her pushing back into your life isn’t helping you move on any.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

Araenna posted:

Yeah, unless I still had a close relationship with an ex, I'd be really creeped out with them calling me 6 months later asking about sex shops. Also, she keeps mentioning having a boyfriend because she wants to make you jealous. Did she say she had a boyfriend after you said you were dating someone? If so, I'm willing bet if you said you weren't dating anyone that she would have said she wasn't either.

According to his last post, he said he isn't seeing anyone, I think.

quote:

Instead, she started a sentence, aborting in the middle of the first word, and hyper-casually blurted out, "Wait, are you seeing anybody?" It took me off guard so I answered honestly. I was, but at the moment, I'm not. She then quickly said "I am". I said, "You are what?", and she answered "I'm in a relationship". 

But yeah, that poo poo ain't normal, and neither is she. If there even is another guy, it sounds to me like she's getting ready to change that and is vetting you for the position.

You probably shouldn't bite, but you seem like you're going to, so good luck with that.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Bible posted:

According to his last post, he said he isn't seeing anyone, I think.

But yeah, that poo poo ain't normal, and neither is she. If there even is another guy, it sounds to me like she's getting ready to change that and is vetting you for the position.

You probably shouldn't bite, but you seem like you're going to, so good luck with that.

I misread, I thought it was after the second call that they broke up. Changing my theory to her having trouble with her boyfriend, and either wanting to feel better about herself by trying to get attention from OP, or she's trying to make the boyfriend jealous.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Or shes just thinking about the good parts of the relationship, missing the other person, and is just looking for contact. He brings up he's seeing someone? She's gonna bring up she's seeing someone so that he doesn't think she's lonely and desperate.

She's bringing up being in a sex shop because she is feeling him out. There may or may not be a boyfriend, who gives a poo poo. She misses you as a friend without realizing that she'd crossing boundaries that shouldn't be crossed.

Its honestly up to you if you wanna put up with that kinda bullshit though. I haven't backtracked your confession, but my general advice would be that you should just let it go man. It's over.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

loquacius posted:

I can certainly tell you that I would be very uncomfortable with this call having taken place if I were her new boyfriend

Her simply talking to an ex would make me uncomfortable.

A conversation like THAT one is a solid reason to break up.

She sounds unstable and unpredictable. Who knows what she's actually up to?

You really should just run far away. If you go back to her, it isn't going to work out any better the second time. How would you have felt when you were her boyfriend if she made calls like that to an ex?

Think carefully about that, because she's doing it to this guy. You really think she won't be making calls like that to him if she's with you again? What reason do you have to believe she wouldn't?

The Bible fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 22, 2019

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

You should definitely cut off your dick confessor it sounds like you’re having some problems with boundaries and healthy decision making and cutting your dick off should put you on the right track

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Audax posted:

Or shes just thinking about the good parts of the relationship, missing the other person, and is just looking for contact. He brings up he's seeing someone? She's gonna bring up she's seeing someone so that he doesn't think she's lonely and desperate.

She's bringing up being in a sex shop because she is feeling him out. There may or may not be a boyfriend, who gives a poo poo. She misses you as a friend without realizing that she'd crossing boundaries that shouldn't be crossed.

Its honestly up to you if you wanna put up with that kinda bullshit though. I haven't backtracked your confession, but my general advice would be that you should just let it go man. It's over.

I fondly recall the rule of, "masturbation before calling your ex"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why does he keep saying "voice calls"? Are there other types of phone calls?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

RCarr posted:

Videochats, I guess. Skype, FaceTime. We live in a lovely-rear end future but by god we have videophones.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RCarr posted:

video calls i guess, via skype or whatever

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It just seems weird that he mentions it more than once. I don't think a single person would ever hear "I got a phone call" and wonder "But what TYPE of phone call was it?!"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

loquacius posted:

Upon closer inspection of the encampment we found pieces of paper scattered around. All of them were folded exactly twice, length- and width-wise, and all of them were blank, save for bits of dirt. We also found an unmarked neon green rubber ball (possibly a dog toy or stress ball) and a single black sock that must have belonged either to a child or a very, very small college student. At this point we're convinced this is or was a hangout for drug abusers, but we couldn't find a trace of drugs anywhere - no white powder, no syringes or needles, no bongs, no spoons, no lighters, not even any cigarettes.

Those folded pieces of paper are signs of drug abuse, hard drugs are often sold folded inside of such things. The fact that they're completely blank supports this theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i have good relationships with most of my exes.

not gonna talk about sexy or sex stuff though

thats a fringe benefit of dating me. if you want though i'll give your current boyfriend a class for the low low price of $5000