Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

My favourite us BRABIL BREBIL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

My favourite us BRABIL BREBIL!

Resident Evil Gaiden might be one of the weirdest titles for anything ever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Biohazard: substory

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I could maybe have done without Atreus telling me we could totally go explore the big open world and do that the side quests the devs made after every major story thing

TRASH GAME 0/10

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

RareAcumen posted:

TRASH GAME 0/10

I mean. I did all of the side stuff except for finishing the fire place and the endless maze... place :shrug:

It just felt very much like the devs talking to me instead of Atreus

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

The palico abilities in battle are pretty dope, too. Remember to switch to a new ability when the old one is leveled up!

I’m playing in a full party so it won’t let me use my cat.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

NikkolasKing posted:

The new music is really the worst thing about the Director's Cut version of RE1.

This is actually the Dual Shock version of the Director’s Cut, which I think got switched back for the PSN release because... yeah. :gonk:

The worst thing about the original Director’s Cut release is they hosed up the build and didn’t actually include the cinematics they cut out, making the whole exercise a little pointless. :v:

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Craptacular! posted:

Does anyone have an issue with their old original DS4 where having a USB cable plugged into it and setting it on the table causes the weight of the controller to be placed on the plug? I feel like it's happening enough time over the years that now my controller disconnects due to the leverage pressing in the socket at the wrong spot.

I wanted to know if the new DS4 fixes this problem? Most people's answer seems to be "use the USB cable that came with your PS4", and I admit I never unpacked it because I wanted to keep all the redundant cables sealed in case I ever resold the thing.

The only answer other than using the cable that came from the system is to prop up the controller. The cable that’s packed in has a much shorter plug on the device end than most micro-USB cables have on them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Macaluso posted:

I mean. I did all of the side stuff except for finishing the fire place and the endless maze... place :shrug:

It just felt very much like the devs talking to me instead of Atreus

I actually liked it because the story is pretty languid. It was more effective when Atreus would pester you to follow the main quest and Kratos would just reply "we are Gods, boy. We do what we please."

I also liked the side quests which were literally Kratos doing the George Bluth Sr man's arm flying off and saying "and that's why you don't talk to strangers ghosts".

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

And it is a weird loving game, you touch a zombie and you go into a first-person battle like some kind of RPG

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

JBP posted:

I remember that! What happened to it?

I reckon marvel getting hands on with finding developers for some games is great. Not expecting groundbreaking stuff, but if we see some movie quality crowd pleasers (single player 3rd person action games with big budgets like spidey) I'll be happy as heck.
The studio has been insanely quiet on that project which makes me nervous about it’s status. I know there was a tweet from the developer in December that they were working on it, but just today another EA Star Wars game got canned so who knows

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samuringa posted:

And it is a weird loving game, you touch a zombie and you go into a first-person battle like some kind of RPG

lmbo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Resident Evil 4 is one of the funniest games ever made holy poo poo

E: i forgot the salesman is Australian as gently caress as well

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

Ya

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

JBP posted:

I'm playing it tonight too

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

JBP posted:

When you get right down to it, this is a clear case of American aggression. Some American federal agent (who can't speak Spanish) is sent to Spain and barges into a house with his gun drawn and tells the poor peasant farmer to "freeze" which of course means nothing to the guy who can't speak English.

And it only goes downhill from there as Leon proceeds to depopulate the Spanish countryside.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NikkolasKing posted:

When you get right down to it, this is a clear case of American aggression. Some American federal agent (who can't speak Spanish) is sent to Spain and barges into a house with his gun drawn and tells the poor peasant farmer to "freeze" which of course means nothing to the guy who can't speak English.

And it only goes downhill from there as Leon proceeds to depopulate the Spanish countryside.

It escalates so quickly. Within thirty seconds of turning up at this quiet peaceful village he's unleashed hell on them to the point a black marketeer hears about it and rocks up with a very reasonably priced rocket launcher

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"Looks like they use toilets. Guess at least they're somewhat civilised."

Jesus Leon....

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

NikkolasKing posted:

I've been reading the LP Archive for Dark Id's runthrough of the series and it's too loving good.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

JBP posted:

"Looks like they use toilets. Guess at least they're somewhat civilised."

Jesus Leon....

In the final area when Leon comes across some frozen corpses in the evil lab he literally says "Sucks to be them."

He's amazing.

Schremp Howard posted:

I've been reading the LP Archive for Dark Id's runthrough of the series and it's too loving good.

For as long as I can remember there have been jokes about how RE4 is America gently caress Yeah starring some psychopath just gunning down these poor farmers and nobody makes that joke better than TDI.

The funniest thing is how you really don't have to try especially hard to get that reading from the game. It's great.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

lol RESIDENT EVIL....ds

Fuckin' owns lol

How many of those were there on the DS?

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Dig Dug: Digging Strike
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
Tenchu: Dark Shadow

I remember being blown away at how Resident Evil..........DS lets you press a button to instantly skip door loading animations if you want.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Any recommendations on a Bluetooth headset that doesn’t need a chat cable and can pair with anything else?

I currently have Turtle Beach px4s or whatever came out when the ps4 did, but they use the chat cable, which is annoying as hell, and more importantly, can’t pair via Bluetooth with my Apple TV for some loving reason. It pairs with my phone just fine, but refuses to show up in the device list when trying to pair with the ATV.

Basically, I want a pure wireless headset that I can pair normally via Bluetooth to whatever device I want so I can play games and watch movies without waking up my pregnant wife.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

do we know if RE2 will have a title voice?!?!?!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, I still did most of them but I'm not really a fan of having chests contain runic moves.

I think what makes it fine though is that like any given two runic attacks would carry you through even Hard Mode so even if you rush through or just miss like every chest you're still fine. Same with upgrade materials, you get way more than you strictly need. But the biggest factor in whether you win battles is almost always just skill.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

JBP posted:

The Merchant never reappearing is probably one of Resident Evils biggest crimes. I'd love to see him in 8.

I love how he's never explained at all. No backstory, no justification just "WHADAYA BUYING, STRANGER?"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The trial didn't and RE7 didn't either

:ohdear:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The demo didn't. Rumor is the full game does not but it returns with the classic soundtrack DLC :laffo:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Dewgy posted:

The demo didn't. Rumor is the full game does not but it returns with the classic soundtrack DLC :laffo:

good thing i preordered the steelbook then :smugWesker:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Neo Rasa posted:

Fuckin' owns lol

How many of those were there on the DS?

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Dig Dug: Digging Strike
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
Tenchu: Dark Shadow

I remember being blown away at how Resident Evil..........DS lets you press a button to instantly skip door loading animations if you want.

Advance Wars: Dual Scree-Strike

Btw Vane is super cool but super loving buggy and I’m not one to complain about that usually, but combined with horrible save points, no way to ‘die’, super large area that you have to solve puzzles in that doesn’t tell you anything, it’s pretty absurd. If they just patched it so it didn’t have so many bugs that soft lock the game essentially, and if you’re dumb like me, that means two hours of work, that would’ve eventually lead to solving the puzzle, and then get stuck between a rock and a wall, or in a pushing animation or something then oh well, you have to start the whole game over. But if it didn’t have those problems I can see it being one of the best games of its kind potentially. It’s a huuuge world that evolves, and I can’t wait to see what it does. The flying feels good, platforming isn’t great but it’s to be expected. Hope the patch the devs promised soon fixes all this.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 17, 2019

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Dewgy posted:

jesus gently caress

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

The trial didn't and RE7 didn't either

:ohdear:

Throw them in the trash

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Any recommendations on a Bluetooth headset that doesn’t need a chat cable and can pair with anything else?

I currently have Turtle Beach px4s or whatever came out when the ps4 did, but they use the chat cable, which is annoying as hell, and more importantly, can’t pair via Bluetooth with my Apple TV for some loving reason. It pairs with my phone just fine, but refuses to show up in the device list when trying to pair with the ATV.

Basically, I want a pure wireless headset that I can pair normally via Bluetooth to whatever device I want so I can play games and watch movies without waking up my pregnant wife.
The PS4 doesn't support Bluetooth audio. There are many reasons but probably mainly they didn't want to compete with their own line of proprietary ones.

If you want to use Bluetooth headsets with the PS4 you'll need some kind of external adapter, and then to have low enough latency for games you'll need headphones that support APTX Low Latency, which are few and far between.

I gave up on that several months ago and use either wired headphones or my Logitech G533.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

okay so according to another thread Ace Combat's PS2 extra game is preorder only!

I have never played an Ace Combat game. I do like action and dramatic stuff and arcades and anime if that matters. I have a VR but I know that's only a few levels.

So, goons, should I preorder this game?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

The PS4 doesn't support Bluetooth audio. There are many reasons but probably mainly they didn't want to compete with their own line of proprietary ones.

If you want to use Bluetooth headsets with the PS4 you'll need some kind of external adapter, and then to have low enough latency for games you'll need headphones that support APTX Low Latency, which are few and far between.

I gave up on that several months ago and use either wired headphones or my Logitech G533.

Oh yeah my Turtles use a USB dongle for the wireless sound. I don’t mind that at all since it’s still wireless. I’m just annoyed having to use a chat cable when I want to voice chat on PS4 and not being able to Bluetooth pair with other devices.

Are there any that uses a dongle for the audio, but no chat cable? Or is that reserved for the Sony ones only?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Smirking_Serpent posted:

okay so according to another thread Ace Combat's PS2 extra game is preorder only!

I have never played an Ace Combat game. I do like action and dramatic stuff and arcades and anime if that matters. I have a VR but I know that's only a few levels.

So, goons, should I preorder this game?

It looks good but I'd hold my horses on a preorder unless you watch all of the youtubes and are dead certain. I think the game will be great but there is a real chance it's a 7/10 release that will be on sale in April.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Oh yeah my Turtles use a USB dongle for the wireless sound. I don’t mind that at all since it’s still wireless. I’m just annoyed having to use a chat cable when I want to voice chat on PS4 and not being able to Bluetooth pair with other devices.

Are there any that uses a dongle for the audio, but no chat cable? Or is that reserved for the Sony ones only?
Oh, I was wrong about what you needed. Basically all of the modern ones that use a dongle are wireless for both the audio and microphone. Logitech has several including the G533 I have, and also the Turtle Beach Stealth series can do it.

Incidentally both of those work on the Switch too, as well as the PC, which is what they were really designed for.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Granny White playable character when?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
gently caress whoever posted the Gameinformer monthly coverage of Sekiro, watched a video and now I'm even more looking forward to it!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lordfrikk posted:

gently caress whoever posted the Gameinformer monthly coverage of Sekiro, watched a video and now I'm even more looking forward to it!

:thumbsup: I've turned that thread into an echo chamber of my own hypeposts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fix posted:

Granny White playable character when?

The more important question; Who wins in a fight? Granny White or The Obatarian?