Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You may not like it, but this is what peak podcasting looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
Great ep. Loved the guest. 15 min feels a little short, but better to leave the people wanting more. I'm sure Grif edited it down to make it extra-tight, but Ms. L. seemed right at home riffing with the boys.

I also appreciate G and J calling Travis out on being such a ballhog, and I was flabbergasted that Justin didn't know how to even communicate what he didn't know about doing dishes. And he's such a good cook!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Piell posted:

He knows how to wash a dish, he has one of these things.

He doesn't know how to wash a sink full of dishes because he doesn't have a plug for the drain so that he can fill up the sink with water.

This is also my situation

Get a washing up bowl you savages

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
w.....what happened to your plugs

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

The actual secret to dealing with a sink full of dishes is to not let there be a sink full of dishes, but try telling that to literally every person I’ve ever roomed with

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That works on an individual level but if you prep a large meal for multiple people you're going to have a lot of dishes you won't want to take care of until after everyone finishes eating.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Escobarbarian posted:

No idea, there weren't any when I moved into the apartment. Not a big deal, I just wash dishes as I use them.

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That works on an individual level but if you prep a large meal for multiple people you're going to have a lot of dishes you won't want to take care of until after everyone finishes eating.

this is the biggest advantage of the instant pot, to me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Captain Queernabs posted:

this is the biggest advantage of the instant pot, to me

But that's just gonna make all your friends hungrier!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Escobarbarian posted:

you know

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Who wore it better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvyV6i1dt2w

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
louie zong, easily

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Congrats to Travis for getting dunked on for his schtick twice already in the new year.

The way that Griffin complained about Travis creating awful portmanteaus in a recent episode of Wonderful made me lose it when he shut him down for pushing "canus" this week.

I love Travis though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've been relistening to a lot of older episodes, and Travis is exceedingly awful at coming up with Yahoo submitter honorifics, but it's balanced out by Ridin' High.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Xander B Coolridge posted:

The way that Griffin complained about Travis creating awful portmanteaus in a recent episode of Wonderful made me lose it when he shut him down for pushing "canus" this week.

I love Travis though
travis is quick to point out when his brothers do it

"how do you know so much about how the ihop operates? how they ihoperate"
"WAIT A MINUTE! WAIT"
"no stop no it was bad"
"WAIT"
"no travis it was a bad joke"
"...ihoperate"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Travis saw that one episode of How I Met Your Mother "The Possimpaple" and kept it as his bible.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

a week late, but Duck the Mundane rules.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/carolinethegeek/status/1087181029062787072

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://mobile.twitter.com/sydneemcelroy/status/1087228129830027264

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Give a mouse some floss and it's clean for a day
Teach a mouse to floss and it's famous for a lifetime

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, how horrible were the MBMBAM Seattle questions for them to not bother airing them?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RandomPauI posted:

So, how horrible were the MBMBAM Seattle questions for them to not bother airing them?

I thought it was more technical issues, from what they said, but I could be wrong

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Not as bad as the never aired Atlanta Live Show.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Shinjobi posted:

I thought it was more technical issues, from what they said, but I could be wrong

It wasn't tech issues, I have a friend who talked to the brothers at PodCon and the questions were all just awful.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Even with the pre screen? Lol thats bad

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

It wasn't tech issues, I have a friend who talked to the brothers at PodCon and the questions were all just awful.

the beginning of the live show in today's podcast felt rough. the whole energy seemed weird, not surprised the questions didn't work out so well either

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Now I want to the Atlanta live show questions too!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
https://youtu.be/xeqEytznW8Y

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoctorWhat posted:

:smith:

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
The brothers will never be sober live again.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Even with the pre screen? Lol thats bad

I don't think there was a pre-screen, towards the beginning they told the audience to start thinking of questions.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm with justin, i thought floss meant actually flossing your teeth

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Serf posted:

i'm with justin, i thought floss meant actually flossing your teeth

Same.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Toebone posted:

I don't think there was a pre-screen, towards the beginning they told the audience to start thinking of questions.

There weren't assigned seats so they couldn't do the new pre-screening process they've been doing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They just said "there were some issues" and left it at that. Honestly the entire live part of this episode was real bad. I think one of the worst episodes they've done in a long time. I was getting some serious second-hand anxiety from some of it. Once they turned the second half into a real episode though, that part was pretty good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Any first hand accounts?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I imagine doing a podcast in a brightly lit expo room is a lot different than in a theatre, both for the audience and for the boys. Especially with the anxieties all three of them have that they've talked about, having the audience unlit probably helps them out a lot in live shows.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i hope the few people in the audience who hadn't watched before didn't leave with the impression that was a typical episode

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I thought the live bits that made it into the episode were pretty good vOv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I imagine doing a podcast in a brightly lit expo room is a lot different than in a theatre, both for the audience and for the boys. Especially with the anxieties all three of them have that they've talked about, having the audience unlit probably helps them out a lot in live shows.

Yea they really hammer it that they want the house lights off as much and as soon as possible.