Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think I'd like Anthony Daniels as 000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I definitely hear him in my head as Anthony Daniels.

But I'm robo-racist.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I have no idea why, but I hear Cate Blanchett using her Hela voice.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I hear Ice-T from Law & Order SVU.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
It's always Creepio for me.

"AaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA! Why do you awaken me?!"

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
"What of our bargain?!"

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Edit: Removed because I meant to put this in the book thread.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 2, 2018

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Best thing about Aphra's latest predicament? We're not the only ones watching.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I was reading the main Star Wars book for a while, but once Larroca took over as main artist I just couldn't stick with it. It's terrible.

So which SW books are good right now? I've read through all of Doctor Aphra so far, as well as Darth Vader (where Larroca's art is just as offputting, but Aphra and the droids made it worth reading despite it).

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'd recommend the Han Solo (2016) and Lando (2015) miniseries. The art is great and I enjoyed the stories. I felt characterization of Lando and Han were on point too for both of them.

Larroca is also off the main Star Wars book as of issue #55.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The new Vader series by Soule is really good, at least until this current story arc where Vader builds his stupid castle. But before that its 20 issues of cool Vader stuff.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

OhFunny posted:

I'd recommend the Han Solo (2016) and Lando (2015) miniseries. The art is great and I enjoyed the stories. I felt characterization of Lando and Han were on point too for both of them.

Larroca is also off the main Star Wars book as of issue #55.
Oh yeah, I've read both Han Solo and Lando, they were pretty good! I was keeping up with digital releases of all the Star Wars comics for a bit but just sort of fell off it and decided to jump back in now. That's good news about Larroca, I'll check the book out again then!

enigmahfc posted:

The new Vader series by Soule is really good, at least until this current story arc where Vader builds his stupid castle. But before that its 20 issues of cool Vader stuff.
Didn't even realize there was another Vader series, nice!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

:swoon:

Details here

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quote:

Writer Dennis Hopeless

:(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

So is this what they replaced Shadows of Vader with, then?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Whats the problem with the writer? Google says people liked his Spider-Woman work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Carteret posted:

Whats the problem with the writer? Google says people liked his Spider-Woman work.
I find his work utterly mediocre. Nothing he's written has been bad, but nothing has been particularly special, either, so I just don't bother. He's a pretty big drop after first a writer I love then a writer I generally enjoy.

EDIT: Oh I was a bit confused. I thought this was the follow up to the Darth Vader series that's ending (again), but I guess not.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 6, 2018

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Loved the Qui-Gon One-Shot from the new Age of Republic line. Really wish it was an ongoing or a mini or something.

This week's Star Wars, though, was a bit more rote. I feel like Luke's emotional outburst at the end came a little too quickly and there should have been one more issue in between the first half and the last half of the issue. Also, this seemed to be the dedicated issue where Harrison Ford-looking Han makes sure the readers know that he's the same character as the Alden Ehrenreich-looking Han.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vader #25 is out. Go read it.

Soule incorporates the Episode I teaser poster as a thematic motif, and that's probably the least crazy thing about this issue

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Yeah wow that was a thing

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like "now this is podracing" while Vader's blood/fire/whatever Force ghost walks through the afterlife. It's so hilariously out of place.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So did they more or less confirm that Palpatine is Anakin’s “father” via Force-implantation? That’s gross in a lot of ways, but I guess he’s not a good guy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Endless Mike posted:

So did they more or less confirm that Palpatine is Anakin’s “father” via Force-implantation? That’s gross in a lot of ways, but I guess he’s not a good guy.

It's not explicit; but I think that was definitely what they were going for

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I didn’t take it like that at all. It was more the two most important father figures in his life fighting over his soul and destiny.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/1075863430744072193?s=19

https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/1075872623517609984?s=19

Hmmm.

I understood the scene with Shami and the Emperor as a sysmbolism of the corruption of an innocent.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I must be blind

radlum
May 13, 2013
Should have edited the comic scans site on the bottom of his image before tweeting it to a Lucasfilm employee

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

There's buildings and junk in the cross-section :haw: beneath the castle

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Alright, what am I looking at here.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Vader built his secret castle on a Native Mustafarian burial grounds.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I've always enjoyed star wars stuff and read a handful of the books when I was a kid, I think most of the X-wing books and the thrawn trilogy. I remember liking them but remember basically nothing about them

How likely am I to enjoy these comics?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

I've always enjoyed star wars stuff and read a handful of the books when I was a kid, I think most of the X-wing books and the thrawn trilogy. I remember liking them but remember basically nothing about them

How likely am I to enjoy these comics?

I'd suggest reading the 1990s Dark Horse X-wing series, if you liked the X-wing books. They're a prequel to the book series, and by the same author.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I think you'd like the first Han Solo mini.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/13/18309554/marvels-star-wars-comic-phil-noto-greg-pak-announcement

Greg Pak and Phil Noto will be taking over the writing and art for the main Star Wars comic starting with issue #68. They showed off some of Noto's art during Star Wars Celebration.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 14, 2019

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oh poo poo that's sick.

I can't remember Phill Noto's art that well off the top of my head right now, but I'm so down for Greg Pak.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Phil Noto did the art for the Chewbecca and Poe series.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I thought Gillen's writing was pretty good, but I stopped reading the main Star Wars series because of the art. So this is good news!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Noto does amazing work. I have a few of his covers up in my house, they look so good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's a huge step up in art and a step back in writing (but still good!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The Marvel solicits for July have come out and it seems like Greg Pak taking over the main Star Wars title is also when the setting is going to switch to Empire Strikes Back, with the Rebels arriving on Hoth.