Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

gently caress off snail!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

all dinosaurs, are dead. except for the ones that got released into the wilderness of the pacific northwest at the end of jurassic world: fallen kingdom

as dr malcom says, we truly do live in a jurassic world

Ah I guess I am going to die by dinosaur then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grats

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also back to weird mechs, i always liked the delphinium from nadesico

they're just icbms with arms

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

but they're also only in like half of one episode and you never get a good look at them

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

a fifty episode tournament is unconscionable

when i finally get over them seriously making me watch 17 fight poachers for an episode i might actually be able to watch enough that it gets good again

if you wanted i could make some sort of list of the highlight eps of the tourney ig, a17 gets some fights

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

chumbler posted:

Ah I guess I am going to die by dinosaur then.

make sure you pet one of the good ones before that though

... they're all good ones just fyi

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Speaking of dinosaurs I basically got pet magpies that hang out in my yard and raid my compost bin now. They follow me around chirruping when I'm gardening cause of all the bugs I dig up while weeding or raking.

Dinosaurs/birds own.

Edit: Australian magpies. Which are basically crows and as such have tons of personality.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
hell yeah

they're such good and friendly birds

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Unlike plovers.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
i had a little family of them that would visit my porch every morning and evening to see if i had any chicken scraps and sing me some loud songs lol

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Magpies used to swoop me on my way to school as a kid so they're as dickish as plovers as far as I'm concerned.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i always wonder how you could translate super high concept sci fi like the quantum thief into visual media, where combat is fought at all levels and scales of reality. forget dealing with weaponized basilisks, you have to deal with and develop countermeasures against hostile entities stealing your brain scans and probing them under torture for your weaknesses

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

Speaking of dinosaurs I basically got pet magpies that hang out in my yard and raid my compost bin now. They follow me around chirruping when I'm gardening cause of all the bugs I dig up while weeding or raking.

Dinosaurs/birds own.

Edit: Australian magpies. Which are basically crows and as such have tons of personality.
I thought Australian magpies were the ones that weren't corvids.

Phobophilia posted:

i always wonder how you could translate super high concept sci fi like the quantum thief into visual media, where combat is fought at all levels and scales of reality. forget dealing with weaponized basilisks, you have to deal with and develop countermeasures against hostile entities stealing your brain scans and probing them under torture for your weaknesses

I think you effectively can't, without a lot of extraneous exposition. There's a reason "science fiction" as a literary genre and as a setting for films/TV/anime are such different beasts.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lmao the reveal in the new its my life

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aurora posted:

frieza is a comedic standin and doesn't do much but ayres' performance is as fantastic as ever

I heard he was sick. I'm glad he's doing better.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sharkopath posted:

lmao the reveal in the new its my life

Was it, infact, not their life?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

e; also why would you not post the one with the pile bunker:

Update: I own this robot now.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/1085979684590968832

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
clap clap

clap clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUxx7iCSekQ

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
wahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxeaiCkqgdA

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
hidamari is wonderful, i love those blobs

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Miyako Dancing always cheers me up a little bit. :3:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lemon-Lime posted:

Update: I own this robot now.

Aces

Mr. Villian's Day Off is a cute manga

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It is extremely tragic how little Nori/Nazuna content there is in the world.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Answer me Sharkey!!!!

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
Also with weird robot chat, I really like this concept artist (though it's not really anime):
https://www.keiththompsonart.com/robots.html

Shame that there don't seem to be many military mecha series these days. I'd love a gritty 8th mobile suit team type show.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

SerCypher posted:

Also with weird robot chat, I really like this concept artist (though it's not really anime):
https://www.keiththompsonart.com/robots.html

Oh wow that dude is still making art. I remember finding his site about ... 6-8 years ago? I think?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i need to watch more hidasketch

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spiritus Nox posted:

It is extremely tragic how little Nori/Nazuna content there is in the world.

another day where I randomly click on the top thread in ADTRW, another day where there's something weird about high school girls...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gently caress off

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
We got a special today for Kyuu-chan. instead of just a single page, its several small ones and even an Omake.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

if you wanted i could make some sort of list of the highlight eps of the tourney ig, a17 gets some fights

i've survived shonen before, so i can probably manage- oh still 10 episodes until they assemble this team jesus christ

well at least it changes things up every episode or two from this point on

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

honestly think the persona 1 manga is better than the actual video game

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's not like that's a high hurdle to clear.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
incorrect actually, persona 1 was the best selling persona game until 2016 so in theory, its the biggest bar

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 17, 2019

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

i've survived shonen before, so i can probably manage- oh still 10 episodes until they assemble this team jesus christ

well at least it changes things up every episode or two from this point on

the frieza recruitment eps are good at least

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

incorrect actually, persona 1 was the best selling persona game until 2016 so in theory, its the biggest bar

I'll never understand this since to my knowledge atlus was never in a super great place until the mid-00s or so, but maybe there's an ebb and flow I'm missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i just meant in terms of my thought that persona 1 sucks, but i didn't know about the sales thing.