Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO YA GOT
This poll is closed.
Patriots & Rams 23 10.36%
Saints & Chiefs 61 27.48%
Patriots & Saints 36 16.22%
Rams & Chiefs 102 45.95%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

please don't hurt the bees, playoff poster larch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ehud posted:

I, too, am concerned by this red text.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Larch posted:

Mike Tyson is on the Joe Rogan experience right now. Tune in.

You talk about massive hits to the head? I took a 28 foot long laminated beam to the head because the crane operator was dumb as poo poo. I got knocked right off the staging and woke up several minutes later.

I was making $15 per hour then. You don't give a gently caress about that though right? You don't actually give a poo poo about head trauma except insofar as it has an impact on your ability to enjoy some entertainment.

Fine. Be that way bitches. It's not just the NFL with "massive hits". You stiff righteous moral failures.

I give a gently caress about your retard brain, sir. I do

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Larch posted:

You talk about massive hits to the head? I took a 28 foot long laminated beam to the head because the crane operator was dumb as poo poo. I got knocked right off the staging and woke up several minutes later.

I was making $15 per hour then. You don't give a gently caress about that though right? You don't actually give a poo poo about head trauma except insofar as it has an impact on your ability to enjoy some entertainment.

Fine. Be that way bitches. It's not just the NFL with "massive hits". You stiff righteous moral failures.

I had a sheet of 3/4 plywood dropped on my head from about 6in onsite once. It didn't just concuss me, it make irritable and quick to anger for at least 6 months

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Larch posted:

Can you even read?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i love and respect all brains no matter their degenerative condition

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I care about your brain

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Larch posted:

Why were you in the beams way

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Larch posted:

✔ Quick to Anger
✔ Irrational
✔ Listens to Joe Rogan

I think you have CTE, have you sought out medical help?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That laminated beam really changed Larch quite a bit

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/benvolin/status/1085881306486005761?s=21

alright guys! :D

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad I never got concussed enough to 1) listen to Joe Rogan and 2) think that was a thing others should do

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm glad I never got concussed enough to 1) listen to Joe Rogan and 2) think that was a thing others should do

bless up

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Football isn't exactly a red herring on this. People hit their heads A loving LOT in football. Last I saw there was a lot of discussion of the sub-concussive hits not just the massive concussions and what part they play in CTE which like that's every single play every lineman whacking their heads to some extent nevermind anyone going for a tackle or a receiver going down. We're focused on the big massive hits that cause obvious concussions while the smaller ones do seem to add up as part of the trauma

Yeah other people get lit up on occasion but not hit in the head on the regular like a football player for a better part of the year.

Edit: sub-concussive trauma is what people are worried about when they talk about heading in soccer.

This is the truth. Most current research is suggesting that actual concussions are not what’s driving the changes seen in CTE but the cumulative burden of head impacts that athletes experience during their career. The NFL can do whatever it wants with a concussion protocol but all that’s doing is minimizing the post-concussive syndrome and second impact syndrome, it’s probbaly not doing poo poo for preventing CTE. The sad truth is that without wholesale changes that would fundamentally change the game, CTE is probably never going away.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

If you're a fan of mma or combat sports there's not really a better podcast than his for the mma ones.

Though it's funny how sad people get over a dumb comedian telling people it's good to work out, eat healthy and do something creative.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

BlindSite posted:

If you're a fan of mma or combat sports there's not really a better podcast than his for the mma ones.

Though it's funny how sad people get over a dumb comedian telling people it's good to work out, eat healthy and do something creative.

It's more Joe Rogan's constant insistence of interviewing Nazis on his podcast then hanging out with them later which is dumb

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: at calling larch just a playoff poster though he’s been posting in tff forever. He authored the jamarcus russel badass hawk metaphor, for example.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: at calling larch just a playoff poster though he’s been posting in tff forever. He authored the jamarcus russel badass hawk metaphor, for example.

he was a regular for a while but he’s been a playoff poster for at least two seasons now.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BlindSite posted:

yeah that's why people don't like Joe Rogan, imbecile

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Can you even read?

Did you read his posts of course he cant

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Ehud posted:

Playoff? Really?

Fine. I'll take it from you. I was making a loving movie but fine Ehud.

I'll take it.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Sure. Make fun. I would.

You can talk about sub concussive impacts, but again it's not in any way unique to football.

I was not at all in the way of the beam on that one day. It was not supposed to be able to hit me. I was setting up A frames to crank it up after it was loaded with joists.

Laugh all you want and cling to your football-is uniquely cruel narrative of you wish but I'm just saying that this poo poo is affecting people all across the economic spectrum. Not miss the highly paid football players.

Some of you guys just want to hate yourselves and poo poo on things. CTE is going to be found all over society, and misty of it will never attract any notice.

Football is the least of it.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
gently caress. Some rear end in a top hat took my avatar.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1086017132431839234

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

but guys, all brains matter

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who the gently caress took larch’s avatar

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

FizFashizzle posted:

Who the gently caress took larch’s avatar

Some rear end in a top hat in GBS. Sad! Hehe

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Have you guys considered we all have CTE and that's why we post on this dead forum?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

There will be no discussion of football brains in the football subforum, only my brain which has seen the impact of a thousand 2x4s

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

indigi posted:

yeah that's why people don't like Joe Rogan, imbecile

That's crazy man, tell me have you tried DMT?

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

DariusLikewise posted:

There will be no discussion of football brains in the football subforum, only my brain which has seen the impact of a thousand 2x4s

No man, that's not at all what I'm saying.

More than a thousand though, if we're really counting. I'm just saying that this problem that has been exposed because of football, is much more widespread than anyone is presently considering.

It's not just the lineman in front of your head when the snap comes. It's every little impact. It's a lot, for a lot of is. I almost had my head taken off by a roofline on a runaway horse.

For sure though it's bad in the NFL. I just reject this narrative where it's some danger unique to football.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why is Larch melting down

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Larch you see the issue is in football giving your opponent a concussion is an objective

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

Why is Larch melting down

I think he got hit by a 2x4 once

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Have you guys considered we all have CTE and that's why we post on this dead forum?

Yes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Metapod posted:

Larch you see the issue is in football giving your opponent a concussion is an objective

how do you know the 2x4 doesn't feel the same way?? ehhh?? my personal nemesis and brain fiend is concrete skate parks and trees at ski resorts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTMmfBmAcj8

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Sometimes I melt.

It's okay. You're all still beautiful.

Just don't call me a playoff poster. I'm always here but often I have no time.

Evidently there's no way to fix my avatar in the awful app. I'll have to open up my laptop.

This all went down in the OSHA thread in GBS. You can see how it happened if you wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

and now Baker is dead of bird flu