Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sojourn
Mar 28, 2005

What? was he all:

Donald Trump posted:

President's Log
Trump-date 1/1/1 TE

My tremendous personal lawyer... Mike-something approached me today, have I told you about today? Apparently I get nukes, I can't wait to use them. My grandfather made nukes, really great genes. Tremendous genes. The best. Putin has nukes. Why can't we make more nukes? Mike kept pestering me, what does meeting with Russia have to do with nukes? Just make something up...

edit for tax: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o5baMYWdtQ

Sojourn fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Harik posted:

Because they don't worry about losing their ~~access~~.
Precisely this. The Post is willing to dagger Trump only when it's 200% sourced and foolproof, which delays their otherwise solid reporting. But they're still utterly enslaved to the whims of the Beltway and will not step on toes if it costs them their precious access. The NYT by comparison has debased itself entirely and is populated with useless steganographers like Maggie Haberman that will happily reprint any lie they are told, so long as they are the first to tell it.

New online media like BuzzFeed are going to demolish the old dinosaurs simply because they cannot compete where anyone can publish. They got so used to being the gatekeepers of information, and they will never be able to adapt to a world where any random shmoe can post world shattering evidence with a single tweet.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

mcmagic posted:

So what is the GOP messaging going to be?

Sean Hannity is going to spend tomorrow yelling "Cohen is a known liar, corrupted by the Deep State!" for 3 hours straight on the radio. As for everyone else, who knows.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

the time to accept that buzzfeed’s investigative journalism was top notch was years ago. at this point with the number of stories they’ve blown open this take is really silly

it’s the 21st century. deal with it

I can't deal with anything in this psychotic reality and I'm not gonna start now

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Harik posted:

Pence probably will, yes. He knows he won't get a term on his own and despite trump not rewarding loyalty his chuds remember who helped dur leeder. Could get a decently paying gig on CNN because they always want right-wing voices to promote.

Even if he gets pardoned, New York will destroy him with state charges.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fox just had a chyron about Pelosi stating "NO TRIP FOR YOU"

MSNBC and CNN are covering the Buzzfeed story.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Harik posted:

Pence probably will, yes. He knows he won't get a term on his own and despite trump not rewarding loyalty his chuds remember who helped dur leeder. Could get a decently paying gig on CNN because they always want right-wing voices to promote.

Pence is not competent or capable either, I can't really imagine Trump going down and not managing to bring Pence down with him

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

If he's impeached would the Mueller investigation continue? My guess is yes, but the GOP/Pence might sweep it under the rug quickly and hope everyone just forgets.

"The GOP/Pence sweep it under the rug quickly and everyone just forgets."

Especially given the wake of a political hurricane of possible trump impeachment.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Schatz is good

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1086112992763301889

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sojourn posted:

What? was he all:

be honest, if I told you 'they have an email where he literally says 'Mike, do the crimes, do ALL the crimes, I command it' and it was titled 'RE: THE CRIMES'' you'd say 'yea that tracks'.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Popete posted:

I mean part of me want's Trump out right now and this is grounds enough for it. But I also want the investigation into his Russia connections to continue because if he get's impeached for something as "small" as telling his lawyer to lie to congress then his base will say it was a just a witch hunt. Where as if the Mueller investigation digs up tons of poo poo on him and Russia and money laundering Trump will go down in the public eye as the monumental piece of poo poo that he is.

His base will never not love him (it's a religious decision and they're loving nuts). The rest of folks who either despise him or think of him as useful if contemptible will continue holding those opinions about him.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So pretty much Trump’s first meeting with his election team was all of them pounding their fists on the table and chanting “CRIMES” in unison?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

AsInHowe posted:

I love how Trump looped Ivanka and Don Jr in on this, but not Eric.

If he really hated Tiffany like we all think he does he would have brought her on board for his crime-a-rama too.

poo poo, what if he tries to pin this all on Tiffany?!?!?!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Sean Hannity is going to spend tomorrow yelling "Cohen is a known liar, corrupted by the Deep State!" for 3 hours straight on the radio. As for everyone else, who knows.

"My lawyer is a total lying jerk!"

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Mind_Taker posted:

Is this the biggest thing to come out of the investigation so far?

That we know of.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

PhazonLink posted:

Buzzfeed, TeenVogue, and some other dark horse I'm forgetting have broken major bombs with in the last few years.

What the hell did Teen Vouge break?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1086105908839702528

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

TulliusCicero posted:

"My lawyer is a total lying jerk!"

I think Hannity's official stance on that is still "Well, I talked with him a few times and he gave me some advice, that was it." His audience has certainly forgotten all about that connection by this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fox News reported it!

"We'll see which version of the truth Cohen is telling this time." Whole segment was 2 minutes.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Your Taint posted:

What the hell did Teen Vouge break?

The true father of Ivanka's children.

Sojourn
Mar 28, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

be honest, if I told you 'they have an email where he literally says 'Mike, do the crimes, do ALL the crimes, I command it' and it was titled 'RE: THE CRIMES'' you'd say 'yea that tracks'.

Well, you're not wrong. It's just, even when I'm thankful that people are stupid enough to leave a record of all their crimes lying around my first reaction is still, "Really? Why the gently caress would you write that down you dumb poo poo?"

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

mcmagic posted:

So what is the GOP messaging going to be?

Don't believe your lying ears.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Insanite posted:

His base will never not love him (it's a religious decision and they're loving nuts). The rest of folks who either despise him or think of him as useful if contemptible will continue holding those opinions about him.

I'm not worried about his base, they'll go to their graves thinking he was framed.

But the general public perception of Trump, I want it to be so vile that 50 years from now he's still viewed as the worst president to ever be in the White House. The Mueller investigation is pointing to Trump being a willing collaborator with Russia, that's literal full on treason and I want it all to come out.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfXPcQroX1U&t=341s

5:40 for reference. The rest is all jolly good history though.

Hoping for a safe resolution for the rest of us in the end times.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1086113773935562752

Oh okay.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

tbf Rudy was probably sundowning two hours ago and the caretakers had to put him to bed

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I think it would be good to remember that while this is a new development, the SDNY charging document against Michael Cohen already implicated Donald Trump in a felony, because Cohen stated that he broke campaign laws at the behest of Trump. This has also not been (AFAIK) factually contested by Trump or his lawyers. If Trump was not the President, there was already evidence to indict him on a felony, (although arguably not enough to convict him).

So this is news, but it might not move the status of the case forward too much.

But there is a lot more out there. This is going to go on for a while.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

STAC Goat posted:

Fox News reported it!

"We'll see which version of the truth Cohen is telling this time." Whole segment was 2 minutes.

Do we have those screen grabs of MSNBC/CNN talking about this and a Fox screen grab of "Did Hillary invent cancer?"

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

LeeMajors posted:

Maybe Trump will shoot himself in the oval office like Warden Norton, before the feds close in.

:allears:

The last thing that went thru Don’s mind, besides the 45 caliber bullet, was how in hell did Michael get the better of him.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

eke out posted:

i think the atlantic thing is totally random, i feel like they produce opinion content like that all the time.

It was their cover story, intended to drive public discussion for the following month. The article revolves around the necessity to accept that impeachment is justified and necessary, and that the idea that its invocation is improper is false.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Really? How much?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

AsInHowe posted:

big chungus

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

glowing-fish posted:

I think it would be good to remember that while this is a new development, the SDNY charging document against Michael Cohen already implicated Donald Trump in a felony, because Cohen stated that he broke campaign laws at the behest of Trump. This has also not been (AFAIK) factually contested by Trump or his lawyers. If Trump was not the President, there was already evidence to indict him on a felony, (although arguably not enough to convict him).

My guess is nothing will come of this immediately like the previous felony related to campaign finance violations. Because no one's going to act on a BuzzFeed/WaPo report. It'll only happen once Mueller or SDNY publish a report or recommend some form of action formally.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

glowing-fish posted:

Think this allegation is more than a bit more serious.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I likely cannot imagine the level of contempt Putin has for Trump. He hated having a competent rival in the White House, but it must be straight contempt for this clown who looks at him like the Father who never hugged him.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1086114810960453632

:lol:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

VideoGameVet posted:

The last thing that went thru Don’s mind, besides the 45 caliber bullet, was how in hell did Michael get the better of him.

Get busy colludin', or get busy dyin'.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Now would be the time to release the piss tape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Tibalt posted:

McMagic! You're traveling back in time! Warn them about Manchin!

WARN THEM ABOUT MANCHIN!

Literally made me laugh out loud at work :lol: