Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Democratic Pirate posted:

New Human #1 is a journalist “of some sort.” I got $5 he’s a conspiracy theorist, though not the angry right-wing kinds all over the place today.

Remember that he's about as bad as the Soul Squad so he can't be any worse than them (but not better either). I wager barely successful paparazzo or put upon small town journalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Remember that he's about as bad as the Soul Squad so he can't be any worse than them (but not better either). I wager barely successful paparazzo or put upon small town journalist.

He could be the classic “bigfoot/Nessie/aliens” conspiracy theorist. We can combine and go with put upon small town journalist who lives in the woods (to catch Bigfoot) and also writes petty articles about people.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Double post

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
As I was saying before I saw the TIME KNIFE!! is William Jackson Harper at his best.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell Mike Schur, I want to see the Time-Knife :bahgawd:

Great episode though. Have absolutely no idea where they're going to go from here, as usual.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
The podcast is going to be nuts tomorrow.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

emgeejay posted:

And with Schur's love of callbacks, I doubt we'll never see Evil Michael come back out in some circumstance at some point in the (lol) future.
I was thinking like final-season stuff when I said this yesterday

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Democratic Pirate posted:

New Human #1 is a journalist “of some sort.” I got $5 he’s a conspiracy theorist, though not the angry right-wing kinds all over the place today.

I was thinking some kind of TMZ sleazoid.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Mameluke posted:

Great episode though. Have absolutely no idea where they're going to go from here, as usual.

Listen, the episode was called 'Chidi sees the Time-Knife' not 'We see the Time-Knife.' What was delivered was exactly as advertised.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Selachian posted:

Squalor News, yo!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Selachian posted:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i will never get tired of throwing chidi head first into experiences beyond human comprehension

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

"There are plenty of awful people, and thoughtless jerks, and I guess Nazis again, somehow?"

I am dying

Also the Chic Fil A reference was gold

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is the season finale a double ep?

Selachian posted:

Clickbait writer. Gotta be a clickbait writer.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I kinda feel like Shaun found some sort of loophole/exploit and was able to find people who are, in their day-to-day lives, much worse than the main 4.

Like, I feel like this journalist could easy be some kind of misogynist hateful Breitbart guy, but because the points system is so janky and basically every single purchase you make or thing you benefit from swings it thousands of points, the actual day to day decisions of being good or hateful to the people you interact with don't really make that much of a dent and as a result this guy still ended up with a score that's within the same general ballpark of Chidi's score.

Or maybe he treats people really badly but it just so happened that he bought his groceries from a less-problematic small local organic place (not because it was an active choice to do good, but just for convenience because it was closer to his house or something) while Chidi bought things from big chain grocery stores his whole life, and from a points system perspective that ends up cancelling out the fact that the journalist was awful to people on a day to day basis and Chidi tried to be good to people on a day to day basis and they ended up with a similar score.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
at first i thought doing a retread of the first season would be kinda tame but forcing eleanor to play michael's role is a good twist

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I'm hoping that Simone is one of the new 4. She was great and it sucks if they never come back to her.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Venuz Patrol posted:

at first i thought doing a retread of the first season would be kinda tame but forcing eleanor to play michael's role is a good twist

They are basically the same person, if from wildly different life experiences. It's why they click so well.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the eleanor-michael scenes where they bonded over something horrible she did were great.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Need more Tahani tbh

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

underrated line of the episode "then one day, the swamp under my house flooded"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
What if Kamilah is one of the new 4

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Piell posted:

Please let this happen

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Piell posted:

Yes please. I will be so disappointed if this doesn't happen now.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I was a little confused by Jen's comment about being black, but apparently Maya Rudolph's mother is african american.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The podcast got exactly the right guests: Niednagel, Joe Mande, and Marc Evan Jackson.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Piell posted:

YES YES YES YES

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

howe_sam posted:

The podcast got exactly the right guests: Niednagel, Joe Mande, and Marc Evan Jackson.

you forgot mantzoukas hosting (!)

also i didn't catch that The Niednagel was obviously named after the writer lmao

e: the doors in the scene leading to the IHOP are the doors from Monsters Inc, Scott Pilgrim, and Niednagel's actual home

eke out fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 18, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mameluke posted:

There's no need. We've all seen the time-knife.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
If you've done enough acid at any point in your life you've seen the time knife. It's really not a big deal.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jason Sextro posted:

"I was just torturing Shakespeare by describing the plot to the Entourage movie" is one of my favourite lines in the show ever.

:yeah:

Also, fun detail I noticed, the sample tomato being discussed was bought at a Food and Stuff.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

Please let this happen

I really hope none of the four are people we know. It's way too contrived.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Also it implies that they died "recently" which would be painful and might make sense for most of them. Maybe Chidi's professor friend or someone from Jason's dance crew would be possible though

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Rarity posted:

I really hope none of the four are people we know. It's way too contrived.

It's exactly the kind of thing the Bad Place would do though to make it harder for Michael and Team Cockroach. I'd be fine with 4 all new people, but having a previous person would not be too out there

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I just want to point out that next week is the finale, and whoever the bad place sent as the 4 test subjects, the test premise is probably going to get shattered somewhere around the 4 minute mark.

And the finale ends continues mid-way with Michael replaced by VikiMichael.

Especially with a title like that. I'm just gonna assume that Derek's creations are going to get into a conflict with Janet's fake humans, somehow.

double nine fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 18, 2019

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Ah, but wouldn't the greatest subversion of expectations be to keep the current premise for several eps?

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

WampaLord posted:

:yeah:

Also, fun detail I noticed, the sample tomato being discussed was bought at a Food and Stuff.

AV Club also noted that the Doug is a Lerpiss (which is a Parks & Rec reference that I didn't know existed) and he's from Snerling, Ind., which was about 40 minutes outside Pawnee.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My favorite detail in this episode was the revelation that the humans in Michael's experiment got better because they were removed from the complications of modern life.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I didn't realize the next episode would be the last one, but I imagine it'll probably set up the new norm for the Soul Squad for the next year before taking a time skip in S4 with flashbacks to some of the more ridiculous things they tried for the test subjects. Beyond that, maybe one of the test subjects finds the now field of reset buttons for all the Janet babies.

It's hard to say which way it'll go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I really liked the line from Shawn "The guys down in R+D said that making a Michael-suit couldn't be done. So I made one out of them. :smug:"