Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I meant I'll take my chances with Pence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Somfin posted:

The longer he's in office and the more crimes he racks up, the worse it looks for the Republicans and the less power he has to do anything (while still keeping Pence from actually doing anything). The second he's out of office is the second Pence gets to actually act and no-one wants that.
I guess that makes sense if other Republicans in power are not also in his cult of personality.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Zanetti saw an ad.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Trapezium Dave posted:

Zanetti saw an ad.

What the gently caress is this?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Well What Now posted:

Zanetti can't spell "spinach" and also thinks sexual harassment is a necessary component of being a human male (and that trans, agender and non-binary humans existing at all lessens maleness as a concept). I consider these two facts linked.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

It's more the actual, concrete evidence. Like even though it was obvious it's what was happening, there's a difference between something being definitely true and having the evidence that it's true.

It's the equivalent of watching a murder happen in public, nobody reacts to it and then he goes free because he disposed of the murder weapon, which there is video of.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well What Now posted:

Some dudes are loving furious that a company said,"Maybe rape is.... bad?"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Whybird posted:

so is the evening standard opposed to corbyn or

The current editor of the Evening Standard is the previous Conservative Chancellor of the Exchequer (the.. guy in charge of the budget? I don't know what the US equivalent is exactly), who really, really dislikes Theresa May for both political and petty personal reasons and seems to have taken an editorial position in a London newspaper at least in part to dunk on her. So not pro-Corbyn but very much anti-May.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Raised By Birds posted:

A nice summary from the USPol thread,
Thank you.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Well What Now posted:

A notorious fuckwit of a human squatted over a piece of paper and published whatever splatter of the geyser of poo poo he sprayed managed to hit the paper

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

I guess it's time for all the right-wing cartoonists to start virtue signaling about an obvious racist.

Funny how they haven't had an issue until --- yesterday, for some reason.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
get ready for "I told my lawyer to do it, and he did it, so I assumed it was legal, and now I'll sue him for poor legal advice"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
LAWYER LIES ABOUT LYING!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Ambitious Spider posted:

get ready for "I told my lawyer to do it, and he did it, so I assumed it was legal, and now I'll sue him for poor legal advice"

Like Trump would ever admit to have been wrong about something

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Zesty posted:

I'll take my chances. and he doesn't have the cult of personality that would help in re-election.

You think Pence doesn't know that? He'll do as much damage as humanly possible in whatever time he has.

Gaybies nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon

And you know what? I've requested that all non-edit-or-parody nominations be considered to some degree for the below, but I still need to type it with my fingers.

Gaybies nomination: Overall Worst Political Cartoon

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 18, 2019

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Edit: poo poo, doublepost.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
edit: wrong thread.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

yes, Rall, we get it, you hate the gays

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

D.N. Nation posted:

He's not a fan of any minority taking attention away from the smallest minority of all, Ted Rall.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

D.N. Nation posted:

yea why can't he be more like LGBT icon Kamala Harris

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

BiggerJ posted:

I'd like to formally suggest two new rules for Gay Abortion Award nomiations:

1. There is no longer a limit to how many cartoons each poster may nominate for each award; we're nominating by the seat of our pants now and it would suck to use up one's chance to nominate something worse that comes along and have to beg others to nominate it.
2. All nominations across all categories except Best Edit/Parody are now automatically considered for Overall Worst Political Cartoon. Cartoons that do not quite fit into any of the other categories well enough may still be nominated specifically for Overall Worst.

I'd like to endorse these changes. What do others think? We didn't have much discussion before.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd like to endorse these changes. What do others think? We didn't have much discussion before.

I'm fine with 1, but 2 seems like it would make the category way too large, so I'd say manually nominate the overall worst too, but allow multiple entries as per 1 so you don't hold back because something worse may (read: will) come along.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Goddamn there's nobody worthier of a "Here lies X, he never scored" headstone than Teddy boy.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I understand that the broad point of this is that they want RBG to die so Trump can fill her seat but I don't understand why she's on a beach and why there's crabs.

It's a reference to crass edits when people die

https://twitter.com/fyrom/status/1069398253773307904

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

This is a good place to start my search for the posts on, it turns out, The Year of Loving Dangerously. Thanks!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hot take: the first two panels of this are good, but he took a hard turn into angry-old-man poo poo with the third and fourth

Beto O'Rourke's star is starting to fall, but he was probably the best recent example of the vague platitude type stuff you see out of a lot of Dem politicians (Cory Booker is another frequent offender)

Of course Rall is still Rall so he couldn't resist making it about "IDPOL :bahgawd:" halfway through for no particular reason

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ted Rall is 5 years older than Wilford Brimley when he made Cocoon.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Except trump asked for more money and Pelosi is offering 1.3 billion!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

BiggerJ posted:

You think Pence doesn't know that? He'll do as much damage as humanly possible in whatever time he has.

It is a lose lose situation. Trump is a hostile foreign agent doing everything he can to destroy western democracy for his own gains while Pence is an old school bigot that wants to do all he can to directly destroy the lives of those he sees as a stain on humanity. Either man being in charge is a nightmare scenario. The only positive outcome would be if Muller found evidence Pence was in on the collusion and did something illegal or shameful enough that he'd resign immediately.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It is a lose lose situation. Trump is a hostile foreign agent doing everything he can to destroy western democracy for his own gains while Pence is an old school bigot that wants to do all he can to directly destroy the lives of those he sees as a stain on humanity. Either man being in charge is a nightmare scenario. The only positive outcome would be if Muller found evidence Pence was in on the collusion and did something illegal or shameful enough that he'd resign immediately.

Yes, Orrin Hatch would surely be a significant improvement.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pelosi is after Pence. Orrin Hatch is after her.

E: vv Right, forgot about that.

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 18, 2019

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Orrin Hatch isn't even in Congress anymore, Chuck Grassley is the president pro tempore.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Honestly since we've now powered through into the halfway point of this term the best-case outcome might be to hold off until it's close enough before the next election that Trump's removal does serious harm to the GOP's campaign efforts (they have to suddenly find a replacement for him etc) and Pence doesn't have time to get any of his Handmaid's Tale poo poo into place in the chaos

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

VitalSigns posted:

It's a reference to crass edits when people die

https://twitter.com/fyrom/status/1069398253773307904

lol this is funny as gently caress.

loquacius posted:

Hot take: the first two panels of this are good, but he took a hard turn into angry-old-man poo poo with the third and fourth

Beto O'Rourke's star is starting to fall, but he was probably the best recent example of the vague platitude type stuff you see out of a lot of Dem politicians (Cory Booker is another frequent offender)

Of course Rall is still Rall so he couldn't resist making it about "IDPOL :bahgawd:" halfway through for no particular reason

Yeah his representation of what "identity politics" is, is very close to outright "hurr attack helicopters" bullshit.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I feel if Trump is guilty then his whole apparatus should be tossed out. The crooked president should not have his VP take over. If Pence didn’t know about it then he’s just as incompetent and unfit for office.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

I feel if Trump is guilty then his whole apparatus should be tossed out. The crooked president should not have his VP take over. If Pence didn’t know about it then he’s just as incompetent and unfit for office.

What did Spiro Agnew do? What did he know? There's no reason for Pence to follow "protocol" but I think he's more likely to do so.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The only moral choice Trump can make is kidnap Pence and board a space rocket into the unknown.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Man, Kingdom Hearts III is looking rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

By popular demand posted:

The only moral choice Trump can make is kidnap Pence and board a space rocket into the unknown.

SPACE FORCE!!! :kamina: