Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Trying to call stores if they have something in stock is impossible. Been calling Lowes, Home Depot, Target, and others in my area and nobody ever picks up the phone. They all put you on hold with obnoxious music for 15 minutes and then it just shuts off. I have literally been trying to speak to anyone for 2 hours now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Mu Zeta posted:

Trying to call stores if they have something in stock is impossible. Been calling Lowes, Home Depot, Target, and others in my area and nobody ever picks up the phone. They all put you on hold with obnoxious music for 15 minutes and then it just shuts off. I have literally been trying to speak to anyone for 2 hours now.

https://brickseek.com/

Lets you see store inventory numbers, basically a scraper for all of those "inventory counts" on all the separate sites. Very handy.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The awful app doesn't load the thread properly sometimes which means I have to refresh it and lose my place in the thread and its really annoying

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Danaru posted:

Someone keeps dropping apocalyptic shits in the emergency department bathroom that are gassing out the entire ED. I'm not upset about it since whoever it is is clearly having a way worse day than me, but it's getting to a point where the smell is overpowering the strongest hospital-grade odor remover I got. This stuff is used for operating rooms.

whats the difference between apocalyptic shits and post apocalyptic shits?

other than, one assumes post-apocalyptic shits are taken to a backdrop of that 'big iron' tune, or feature sweet leather fetish outfits worn as daily dress

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Slippery posted:

other than, one assumes post-apocalyptic shits are taken to a backdrop of that 'big iron' tune, or feature sweet leather fetish outfits worn as daily dress

Omae wa mou shitteiru.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Nani?! *FART*

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

My Roomba is stuck under a chair and I don't feel like getting up to free it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Almost missed the bus because some dude in the same bus shelter as me popped off and got arrested, and the bus almost skipped the stop because the police vehicles were in the way

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I have a meeting with the association I volunteer with tonight but it's SUPER loving FREEZING COLD outside and I don't wanna go, I just wanna get snug and warm into bed and sleep until tomorrow :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Wanted to go for a walk tonight and am so drat tired I want to sleep at 6pm.

edit: want to go for walk today and can't because I fell down, slipped on some wet poo poo, and landed on my knee on loving concrete. Ouch doesn't describe it.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Jan 13, 2019

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
The Tales of Vesperia re-release just came out, I'm loving it, but I also really want to play The Evil Within, and do another run of the sequel.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have many games to catch up on, I haven't played Smash for 2 weeks, and I want to finish an event in FFXIV tonight before it goes away and I miss the achievement forever.

I tried to go to bed early last night and I laid awake for 4 hours before I gave up. Gonna try taking melatonin tonight.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just had to blow my budget despite doing well with saving money this month because my phone totally broke and I had to get a new one as the battery had swollen and the motherboard was hosed, so that was a stressful time!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BioEnchanted posted:

Just had to blow my budget despite doing well with saving money this month because my phone totally broke and I had to get a new one as the battery had swollen and the motherboard was hosed, so that was a stressful time!

Sounds like you're lucky you didn't have a pants fire. I'm glad you caught it early.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I watched a lot of Bob Ross on youtube and now it's recommending me makeup tutorials, outstanding algorithm work google

e: okay now it recommended someone reproducing a Bob Ross landscape on their face with makeup, maybe there's something to this

Dave Grool has a new favorite as of 10:34 on Jan 15, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I once disliked a Jordan Peterson video so now Youtube constantly recommends me Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro, and yes, more Jordan Peterson videos. I wish I could quit Youtube.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I watch a lot of Game Grumps, and Youtube decides that means I must want to watch a bunch of ex-Newgrounds-animators-turned-Alt-Right people Egoraptor associated with years ago and stopped associating with because they turned into shitheads

I have literally clicked not interested on a video called "ONEY PLAYS: THE BLACK BABY" three times and it still loving keeps showing up

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I guess I'm lucky youtube just thinks I'm a girl

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

I once disliked a Jordan Peterson video so now Youtube constantly recommends me Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro, and yes, more Jordan Peterson videos. I wish I could quit Youtube.

its the view itself. clear your watch history

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I get Pewdepie videos recommended sometimes. How can you just say " stop recommending these because I will never click on them " to specific videos.?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Went to an urgent care today because my knee still hurts, and couldn't find my insurance card. Couldn't even remember what insurance I have since work just switched us, so here I am in the drat waiting room crying, in part because my knee hurts like a bitch, in part because I don't have ANY info other than a debit HSA card, and because every phone number I call is a loving automated system that needs you to start with your member ID. I managed to get a hold of a coworker and she couldn't help because she has different insurance. I'd call my boss but he quit last month.

Went home and hopefully found the right card. Called the clinic back, got a base customer service line, and was told they don't take my insurance. Called again and told they do. So back to the clinic in an hour and I'm just dead.

I doubt they can do much for me but I need a dr note to get any sick time starting tomorrow. Today and yesterday were vacation days. Always looks good when you call out sick the day you're due back to work.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I ordered drunken fried rice with shrimp from a Thai place last Friday, and they gave me drunken fried noodles instead. There was enough leftover to bring to work for lunch the last two days, but it seems I ate all but one of the shrimp on Friday. I don't recall eating that many shrimp on Friday.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 01:16 on Jan 16, 2019

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I got invited to a work outing tonight but ehhhhhh it's at a bar that's usually too loud because they're playing live music or it's too crowded, so I'm just gonna go home and chill.

Aleph Null posted:

I get Pewdepie videos recommended sometimes. How can you just say " stop recommending these because I will never click on them " to specific videos.?

Subscribe to Pewdiepie.

In all seriousness, I feel like Youtube stops recommending me things when I subscribe to them. :shrug:

Also, clear your watch history and disable it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Do not subscribe to Pewdiepie.

my FWP is my shoulder hurts and nothing I do to change my sleeping posture seems to fix it :saddowns:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Subscribing to Pewdiepie in a post T-Series world means you support white supremacy because chuds can't deal with brown people being more successful. They campaigned hard to keep T-Series down by boosting Pewdiepie's subs for just that reason.

Team white supremacy or Team Bollywood. It's your choice.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Picnic Princess posted:

Subscribing to Pewdiepie in a post T-Series world means you support white supremacy because chuds can't deal with brown people being more successful. They campaigned hard to keep T-Series down by boosting Pewdiepie's subs for just that reason.

Anyone who hesitates when faced this choice should be openly scorned/mocked

Christ even the guy's name is terrible to say nothing of everything else about him

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

my FWP is my shoulder hurts and nothing I do to change my sleeping posture seems to fix it :saddowns:

I got a lovely shoulder that's aggravated by sleeping on it and sometimes it takes a week or two to chill out if I sleep on it weird a few too many times. Joints being garbage should be all the proof anybody needs that we were not intelligently designed

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Picnic Princess posted:

How the gently caress could anybody be anti-Bollywood? That's like being anti-smiling.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think it's more about wanting independents and "edgy" Youtubers at the top of the list rather than a giant corporation. It's why that Youtube rewind thing is the most downvoted video of all time.

Keep Austin weird y'all.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I think it's more about wanting independents and "edgy" Youtubers at the top of the list rather than a giant corporation. It's why that Youtube rewind thing is the most downvoted video of all time.

Keep Austin weird y'all.

Yeah, it's this. Lots of YT creators are just generally dissatisfied with the site as it continues becoming more corporate overall.

At least they gave a shoutout to Simone, Queen of lovely Robots.

Slippery posted:

Anyone who hesitates when faced this choice should be openly scorned/mocked

Christ even the guy's name is terrible to say nothing of everything else about him

This isn't going to be a popular opinion but he's actually fine now. He used to be insufferable several years ago when he was just doing Let's Plays, but he actually puts out some good content now, and he's called himself out on his mistakes and lovely behavior.

If you're gonna hate on a Youtuber, I'd recommend someone like RiceGum.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

DizzyBum posted:

This isn't going to be a popular opinion but he's actually fine now. He used to be insufferable several years ago when he was just doing Let's Plays, but he actually puts out some good content now, and he's called himself out on his mistakes and lovely behavior.

Well if you say so, though my going in position is that most of those dudes are laaaaame at best and possibly evil.

I mean for those who aren't nazis (a low bar) more power to them for their hustle but I am always gonna default to rolling my eyes at lolrandom types.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah, it's this. Lots of YT creators are just generally dissatisfied with the site as it continues becoming more corporate overall.

At least they gave a shoutout to Simone, Queen of lovely Robots.

He recommended watching an anti-Semitic homophobic channel like a month ago. He's still not good.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a general aversion to food for various reasons, so eating holidays like thanksgiving are not my idea of a good time, but food and eating are deeply social behaviors like taking someone out to dinner or grabbing drinks or whatever, so that leaves me to awkwardly keep minimal. I just do not care for food, and gluttony really icks me out. Also seeing trump have that fast food spread was pretty gross imagining how cold all it must have gotten from store to white house consumption. But the good news is, more for everyone else! just please, no means no, even if the command is EAT NOW!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

cinni posted:

I have a general aversion to food for various reasons, so eating holidays like thanksgiving are not my idea of a good time, but food and eating are deeply social behaviors like taking someone out to dinner or grabbing drinks or whatever, so that leaves me to awkwardly keep minimal. I just do not care for food, and gluttony really icks me out.

I'd like to know more.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I could explain myself with :words: but its probably down to a mild eating disorder, definitely not rational or defensible. Just my thang, bro.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
In practice, I deal with a similar issue if nowhere near as maybe seriously. Whenever there’s a big holiday meal or, as you said, a rare restaurant trip, everyone’s always like “why don’t you eat more? what’s wrong? what do you want for dessert?”

Guess what! Being around that many people makes me anxious and eating is the last thing on the list of things I want to do when I’m anxious and likely nauseated. It’s not like I don’t eat anything, but no. I don’t want seconds, thirds, and six different slices of pie.

At least not until later, when you’ve all left, I’ve calmed down, and can leisurely pick at things like a scavenger bird.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I ran out of my favorite tea. I've been drinking so much of it I started ordering it by the case. I have more on the way but I want some now.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I ran out of my favorite tea. I've been drinking so much of it I started ordering it by the case. I have more on the way but I want some now.

Oh god, I've been trying to hunt down my wife's favorite tea for weeks and I finally found some at a nearby grocery store. We had to order from Amazon last time and the price was much higher, so I'm really happy this place actually had it in stock. She'll be good for a couple months now!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DizzyBum posted:

Oh god, I've been trying to hunt down my wife's favorite tea for weeks and I finally found some at a nearby grocery store. We had to order from Amazon last time and the price was much higher, so I'm really happy this place actually had it in stock. She'll be good for a couple months now!

That's weird, usually you can get it cheaper if you order it in bulk online. Or is it just something that uncommon you're talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I have a class reunion tonight and it's going to be super awkward, seeing as I've not seen most of these people in more than ten years. (Also I'm a girl now and I don't know how they're going to react to that.)