Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
If you kill baby Hitler, another baby will take Hitler's place. The 2002 Twilight Zone reboot covered this, people! Come on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your Taint posted:

If you kill baby Hitler, another baby will take Hitler's place. The 2002 Twilight Zone reboot covered this, people! Come on!

Then kill all babies, let's King Herod this poo poo

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nail Rat posted:

drat, I need to read this...and my library had a copy available for hold!

I owned a copy for a while but it started to make me uncomfortable having it on the shelves so I gave it away. Never actually got around to reading it.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
e: I can't read, nevermind

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

you could just kidnap baby hitler and raise him right.

What if Rufus lied to Bill and Ted and their music didn't create peace, but kept them busy from doing something terrible?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

This may be okayish for optics in the short term, but the Democrats are playing with fire with this. The Republicans would absolutely love to piece meal fund the government like this.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Dapper_Swindler posted:

or you go back in time to when he is marching down the street during the Beer Hall Putsch and top him in the head.

By far the best option is to go back to World War 1, and change a set of orders so that his next messenger route guarantees his death by artillery

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

I'm sure she's doing very important anti-bullying work

She is teaching by example. When you encounter a bully, just get on your private jet and fly to your vacation home to get away.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/DavidNakamura/status/1086307239177142272

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Your Taint posted:

To take a stupid thing overly seriously, I think it's actually debatable whether or not the Nazis would've been able to rise to power without Hitler specifically, and "time traveler kills Hitler" premises basically buy into Great Man theory of history and ascribe too much agency for the atrocities of the Nazis to one individual.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
You think it's a coincidence that my youtube recommended list has suddenly spiked with Watergate doco's? I'm watching "Watergate + 30" from 2003 and one thing that strikes me is the jovial mood of the spectators at the hearings, and the laughter as some of the actors get cut down. (Yes - gently caress it, I'm calling them actors).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbbaNwHCBS8

Groovelord Neato posted:

you could just kidnap baby hitler and raise him right.
The Boys from Brazil are chicken-fuckers in this timeline.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1086305849381961736

I know we are focused on the crimes, but can we appreciate these L.A. Teachers for a sec?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

don't let them do this jfc.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1086305849381961736

I know we are focused on the crimes, but can we appreciate these L.A. Teachers for a sec?

Psssh not a red octane pad in sight

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1086301441856294912

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1086033032556044289

HOLY poo poo! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING. Get em AOC

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

NTRabbit posted:

By far the best option is to go back to World War 1, and change a set of orders so that his next messenger route guarantees his death by artillery

My best case scenario is gut-punching Hindenburg hard enough that he can’t run for president against Hitler so that Hugo Eckner runs instead, wins, and I get to wait 2 hours in a TSA line to get on my airship flight :allears:

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

I love the Democrats messaging on Mitch and turning it into a game of "Where's Waldo". It is political theatre of the highest caliber and it is even juicier when he did it to win his seat in the first place.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Groovelord Neato posted:

Based on this and who tweeted what when, it kinda looks like Asawin Suebsaeng was also approached by the same person, blew them off, and is now throwing shade on Francesca Chambers for being willing to be the stenographer.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 18, 2019

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Triskelli posted:

My best case scenario is gut-punching Hindenburg hard enough that he can’t run for president against Hitler so that Hugo ‘I make the Zeppelins’ Eckner runs instead, wins, and I get to wait 2 hours in a TSA line to get on my airship flight :allears:

Can these airships dock at skyscrapers please?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Groovelord Neato posted:

Give them the reality winner treatment and out them. gently caress these "anonymous" republicans.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Nail Rat posted:

What if Rufus lied to Bill and Ted and their music didn't create peace, but kept them busy from doing something terrible?

Impossible. Bill and Ted are goodness and purity incarnate

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I would watch Baby Hitler's Day Out

I think we’re in the third year of it

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Barry Foster posted:

Impossible. Bill and Ted are goodness and purity incarnate

Well they were homophobes at least

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The publisher of the dossier, none of which has been disproven, which was a real document briefed to Trump and Obama and was therefore newsworthy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The usual rebut is if it wasn't Hitler it'd be someone else who ends up leading fascists to power in the shitfest that Weimer Germany would become, possibly someone more competent.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

You heard it here first folks, using antibiotics is the same thing as killing a baby.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Theory: Time travel does exist in the future but no one wants to return to the past 100 or so years because people in the future are having way too much fun laughing at us. Therefore, our timeline will forever be unchanged because everything a time traveler did/would do prior to the 100 years has already already happened.

Also, the conspiracy theory that the Trumps are time travelers is pretty frightening (Baron Trumps Marvelous Underground Journey by Ingersoll Lockwood and that 1958 episode of Trackdown)

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

(Lives life with no regard for bacteria coating every surface of everything)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think Dr. Seuss sued people who used Horton Hears A Who for antiabortion messaging.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is in SUCH bad faith....

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Seems like this whole tweet is resting upon the premise that the reporters didn't lay eyes on the physical documents but instead published what their sources told them. Like the overwhelming majority of first reports like this.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

So something I've been stewing over lately: it seems that the Senate majority leader has a "super veto" power now that goes well beyond the veto power granted to the president.

Is this actually baked into the Constitution, or is it some procedural crap that got tacked on later? If the former; seems like a horrific oversight. If the later, what prevents changing procedure?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The usual rebut is if it wasn't Hitler it'd be someone else who ends up leading fascists to power in the shitfest that Weimer Germany would become, possibly someone more competent.
Someone more competent would never have been able to invade France, which at the time was an unbelievable and almost impossible upset which no sane person would ever have attempted, and Fascist Germany would never have been able to rampage all over Europe like they did.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a whole pack of serena joys (this is NOT a show reference they cast her and the commander way too young for god knows what reason).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 18, 2019

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Those kids look like they're a hit at parties and totally not the creepy girls that no one wants anything to do with.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Nail Rat posted:

Well they were homophobes at least

Yeah that was pretty lovely

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Rinkles posted:

Think this allegation is more than a bit more serious.

This is from last night and a lot of posts, but I wanted to answer this.

I guess my logic is kind of "One in the hand is worth two in the bush"

The SDNY having a guilty plea accepted in court that Cohen committed a felony at Trump's direction

Is "worth more" than a Buzzfeed story saying that Trump instructed Cohen to lie to congress. If the Buzzfeed article leads to an indictment, or even if it is corroborated indirectly in a charging document, then it is bigger news.

My point was also that while some felonies are obviously bigger than others, the felony line has already been crossed, even though there are some people who believe that "nothing has been turned up".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

AhhYes posted:

Seems like this whole tweet is resting upon the premise that the reporters didn't lay eyes on the physical documents but instead published what their sources told them. Like the overwhelming majority of first reports like this.

It relies on the willingness of credulous idiots to believe another lie.

*Chris Cuomo Voice* "Let's hear from both sides!"